Dread Knight Addition: Mutations, Deviations, and Degredation of Blood Seals

Merkaken

Mutations of Blood Seals

CAIk0Ru.jpg

As Dread Knights go on, their blood seal may begin to become worn, or degrade. While this does not kill the Dread Knight, it is possible that it could cause certain changes in a Dread Knight.

It has been noted that, from time to time, that one will spot a Dread Knight chatting with a mortal. While the Dread Knight is never friendly, kind, or loving, the Dread Knight might not want to attack the mortal. It has also been noticed that in very special cases, Dread Knights may become "friends", in a very, very twisted manner. This is due to degradation or slight deviations in creating Blood Seals.

What is the point of this lore?

The point of this lore is to give Dread Knights the ability to be more than just wandering, 2D killing machines. This has been the bane of the Dread Knights, along with a few other things. The point of this lore is to give Knights a small inkling of emotions previously unacceptable for them to have. Dread Knights, to appeal to players a bit more, need some sort of personality, rather than the kill kill kill emotions they constantly have.

Does this mean that Dread Knights will fall in love...?

No! Not at all! While we want Dread Knights to have some personality, we also want to abide by the origional lore, that they are souls bound to a suit of armor, constantly tortured by blood magic. However, they may feel things akin to friendship towards certain people or Knights. However, this will never be love, or liking, or true friendship. At best, it will be "I don't completely hate you". It will also explain why certain Dread Knights will talk on occasion, rather than just kill anything that moves, or perhaps develop a twisted sense of honor.

Red Lines

Dread Knights falling in love. We are still tortured, horrid creatures. Dread Knights can not and never will fall in love.

Gaining true friendship. Dread Knights will never have true friendship. At best, the bonding a Dread Knight will have with others is talking about killing.

Disobeying the Dread Lord's command due to strong emotions. The Dread Knights still obey the every wish of their Lord, the Knight's "emotions" cannot overpower that.

B-But former Papa!

No, we're not trying to humanize them at all. That is the last thing we are trying to do. We're just trying to give explanation as to why a Dread Knight might not kill someone they see, and rather just talk for a second. It won't be something like "Hey, Human, how is the weather? You look lovely today!" But instead, something more along the lines of "You're a damned nuisence..." And, when I say honor, I don't mean the honor of a traditional Knight. For example, Alexandros won't kill a child that does not bother him. Not because of any honor, but what's the joy in killing something that doesn't fight back? However, if that kid mouths off, you'll be damned sure he'll kill him.

It's not lore for us to be human Dread Knights. It's lore for a bit of leniency for feeling some emotions other than hatred and bloodlust. While that is the cornerstone of being a Dread Knight, it's also nice to be able to have a tiny bit of personality

I don't think you need lore to let dread knights have friends, seems like something you can just do in rp without anyone restricting you.

I don't think you need lore to let dread knights have friends, seems like something you can just do in rp without anyone restricting you.

You'd think that, but due to the lore that was originally written for Dread Knights, their only wants are kill and murder, which, as you can imagine, can put off people from Dread Knights.

This lore has been denied

You are welcome to PM me or any other member of the Lore Team for further information.