The Order of Magi

TheMagesGuild

2 hours ago, funny981 said:

Name: Ravondir Torena

[Mc Name]: funny981

Race: Mali'ame

Magic you wish to study: Earth Evocation

Guild you wish to be associated with: The Order of Sanctuary.

Denied

You have been denied from the Order of Magi for recently being kicked out of another organization. If you can get a recommendation from either Heshakomeu or Elvira, then we will consider taking you in.

On 2/3/2016 at 3:15 PM, _Jandy_ said:

Student Application

Name:

Andwise Peregrin

[Mc Name]:

_Jandy_

Race:

Halfling

Magic you wish to study:

Lightning Evocation

Guild you wish to be associated with:

Sanctuary

On 2/3/2016 at 3:37 PM, MoonHelix said:

Name: Hubert

[Mc Name]:IceHelix

Race:Halfling

Magic you wish to study:Any form, he just wants to be a wizard!

Guild you wish to be associated with:Sanctuary (Cause the Caliphate lags the heck outta my pc)

On 2/5/2016 at 0:03 PM, Ghostlock said:

Name: Garoll

[Mc Name]: Ghostlock2213

Race: Mali'ker / Dark elf

Magic you wish to study: Either pyromancy or Golemancy

Guild you wish to be associated with: The Sanctuary Mage Guild

On 2/6/2016 at 4:16 PM, xboxershortz said:

Name: Div'Igne Ikurntir

[Mc Name]: xboxershortz

Race: Mali'aheral

Magic you wish to study: Transfiguration and Conjuration

Guild you wish to be associated with: Sanctuary

2 hours ago, Merkaken said:

Name: Irvan Kervan

[Mc Name]: Merkaken

Race: Dark Elf

Magic you wish to study: Earth Evocation, or Conjuration, whichever is available.

Guild you wish to be associated with: The Sanctuary Order

Pending

Your application is pending, as an interview to verify everything is required. Head to the Sanctuary Guild Hall to seek an interview from one of the Council members or a Guild Master assistant.

1 minute ago, HurferDurfer1 said:

Name: Coltaine Wick

[Mc Name]: HurferDurfer1

Race: human

Magics known: Earth Evocation

Magics you can teach: No teaching but I can assist in lessons.

Who have been your teachers presently or in the past, and what did they teach you? The graven Radac

Which position do you feel most suited for? Which ever boyo.

Accepted

You have been inducted into the Second Order as Adeptus Minor.

On 2/6/2016 at 7:19 PM, The Flying Panda said:

Name: Mirabelle Peregrin
[Mc Name]: Flyingpanda2799
Race: Halfling.
Magic you wish to study: Water Evocation.
Guild you wish to be associated with: Sanctuary.

On 2/6/2016 at 3:07 PM, Tkreuz said:

Name: Delon Irongut

[Mc Name]: xXTkreuzXx

Race: Mountain Dwarf

Magic you wish to study: Fire Evocation (Thaddeus is teaching me)

Guild you wish to be associated with: The Sanctuary Mage Guild

Accepted

You have been inducted into the Low Order as neophytes. Once you have progressed enough, have your teacher send you to one of the Council members to be judged.

As of now, the Order of Magi is holding off on accepting all student applications until we have helped the current neophytes progress in their chosen arts. Once they have progressed, we will make another announcement about re-accepting student applications.

Those already skilled in the arcane arts are encouraged to apply.

A letter is dropped off at the front desk of the Order of Magi's base in Sanctuary. It reads as follows;

"Dear respective leaders of the newly established Order of Magi,

I write to you with no ill will meant, but only to address a matter of semantics dear to myself, and likely of no matter to anyone else.

Your Order briefly states it's founding as having risen from the ashes of the Mage's Guild, which found itself systematically dismantled from both within and without during the waning days of Athera. This is an unfortunate misnomer that begs to be corrected. 

It is my understanding that the Order of Magi was founded, most originally, by one Ambros. Ambros was not a member of the Mage's Guild in Athera. Nor was he in Thales, the land before then. Nor in the Fringe. In fact, Ambros has not been a member of the Mage's Guild in many a decade, and was not, in fact, a true mage of the Guild in Aegis, contrary to his claims. Merely an apprentice. It is in fact a well-known truth that Ambros held disdain for the Mage's Guild's incarnation in the previous several decades. He created the alternate Wizard's Guild, or Order, or whatever you'd like to call it, to counter the Mage's Guild in the Fringe. 

Considering the man's distaste for the Mage's Guild, it should be fairly obvious he never had any right to claim any past relation to the Guild for his newly designed Order of Magi. Nor, if one looks, is there any similarity between the Order of Magi, it's rankings, it's system of operation, or it's purpose for existance, and the now-deceased Mage's guild and it's purpose, rankings, systems of operations, and creed. The two are decidedly different organisms with different functions entirely.

It is very true that there are several former members of the Guild in your ranks; But that is not enough to claim the Order rose from the ashes of the Guild, nor is there cause to title your Halls as 'The Mage's Guild', or brand yourselves as such in some cases. 'The Sanctuary Order of Magi' or even 'The Sanctuary Magi Hall' rolls off the tongue far more nicely than 'The Sanctuary Mage's Guild'.

With the departure of Ambros into retirement, it is my hope your Order is willing to admit it is something different than the Guild, and new entirely; This is not bad in the least, but a refreshing fact, that Mages of Vailor have come together to create and build from the ground up an entirely new system of self-governing and spreading their arcane teachings.

This Order of Magi in fact, lacks many of the facets which made the Mage's Guild what it was, and what it was meant to be, which is partially demonstrated by the focus on the arcane.

Perhaps it is pride, or a needlessly protective nature which drives me to request these very little, and very insignificant changes. But I am a purveyor of the truth, and cannot stand a lie, even an unintentional one. But the Guild had it's time, and it's history, and her history should stay her own, I believe. 

I cordially ask that you consider this request to separate yourselves fully from the Guild and her history, and instead seek to strike out your own place in history, which you have already begun to do. For the consideration of the request alone, you have my thanks.

If you wish to debate or discuss this request, you may send Avenel or Haadi to seek me out."

The letter is not signed.

Name:Gredge Hevstil

[Mc Name]:zzaacchhss

Race:Wood elf

Magics known:Telekinesis

Magics you can teach:None, Soon to change

Who have been your teachers presently or in the past, and what did they teach you? I was Self-Taught

Which position do you feel most suited for? Adeptus Minor

Place: The Sanctuary Mages Guild

Name: Alister "Zero" Grimhr

[Mc Name]: mikkel117

Race: Human

Magic you wish to study: Light Illusions, Mental Magic

Guild you wish to be associated with: The Sanctuary Mages Guild (Though I do currently not know how to get there)

Name: Shuril R'zaman

[MC Name]: sealteam2

Race: Dark Elf

Magic you wish to study: Conjuration

Guild you wish to be associated with: The Sanctuary Mages Guild 

Student Application:

Name:

Keru

[Mc Name]:

GoodOlBloke

Race:

Dark Elf

Magic you wish to study:

Mental Magic

Guild you wish to be associated with:

I have no preference

Name: Felays
[Mc Name]: Ionmaster
Race: Wood Elf
Magic you wish to study: Any sort of Evocation, Conjuration, Illusion, and Alteration.
Guild you wish to be associated with: Sanctuary

Name: Sam

[Mc Name]: Crazed

Magic you wish to study: Mental - my previous teacher, Lorien, has tragically disappeared. I request someone to continue my training.

Guild you wish to be associated with: Sanctuary.

- I understand the Order is not officially accepting students, but as I am already an Adeptus(currently taught by Ayche, an Archmage within the Order, and previously Lorien). I am simply requesting aid in finding a replacement teacher. -

Name: Bertrand

[Mc Name]: AGiantPie

Magics known: Electrical Evocation

Magics you can teach: I am a poor teacher - none.

Who have been your teachers presently or in the past, and what did they teach you? My lord Constantine taught me electrical evocation whilst I squired for him.

Adept Application

Name: Acaele Lazul
[Mc Name]: Acaele
Race: High Elf
Magics known: Conjuration
Magics you can teach: None
Who have been your teachers presently or in the past, and what did they teach you?: I learned conjuration through a book written by conjurer Joe Orman whilst under the guidance of the previous Mage's Guild.
Which position do you feel most suited for?: Adeptus Minor

On 2/17/2016 at 5:26 PM, zzaacchhss said:

Name:Gredge Hevstil

[Mc Name]:zzaacchhss

Race:Wood elf

Magics known:Telekinesis

Magics you can teach:None, Soon to change

Who have been your teachers presently or in the past, and what did they teach you? I was Self-Taught

Place: The Sanctuary Mages Guild

13 hours ago, Chris (Acaele) said:

Adept Application

Name: Acaele Lazul
[Mc Name]: Acaele
Race: High Elf
Magics known: Conjuration
Magics you can teach: None
Who have been your teachers presently or in the past, and what did they teach you?: I learned conjuration through a book written by conjurer Joe Orman whilst under the guidance of the previous Mage's Guild.
Which position do you feel most suited for?: Adeptus Minor

Accepted

You have been inducted into the Second Order as Adeptus Minor