{CREATURES LORE/PLAYABLE RACE} Fidias

ChaoticallyCheshire

Fidia

Habitat: 

They usually live in deserts since they are also cold blooded which means they prefer hot places and can be seen lounging around in the sun.

Description: 

These creatures have a half human half snake creature that range from 6’4 to 7'5 feet tall and usually come in the form of woman, but there are men Fidia’s as well. They have a long, scaly tail from the waist down and from the waist up is the body of a human. Male Fidias wear nothing from the waist up while woman usually wear a kind of short top that just covers their breasts, it is dark colors and their eyes are either light yellow, silver, or pitch black. Fidias feed off of the descendents and once in predator mode turn into full humans who can seduce anyone, from men to woman. Once they bring their prey back to their chambers, they change into their normal form and attack, going to usually eat their prey whole. A Fidia’s tail can be cut off and is a large weakness of theirs. A Fidia can eat animal meat, fish, and vegetables but they need they need the meat of a descendant to stay strong which is a important thing in the Fidia society. To them their tail is everything and are rather vain about them, so if someone is to hurt their tail it angers them beyond belief. But it also hurts them and gives you a opportunity to either flee from their grasp or to kill them.  

A tail repersents their rank, Fidias live in one large group where their is one queen, whom does not have a king but instead mates with the men of the group, it is seen as a honor to be chosen by the queen to procreate with her and even the men’s mates take it in pride. Once born a Fidia’s future can be seen just by the color of their tail. Not every Fidia that the queen birth’s will be granted with a royal tail which means they will be given to their fathers family and seen as a mere citizen of the group in the queens eyes.  The Fidias do not practice any religion and when one wants to marry the queen does the ceremony, it is a simple ceremony where a descendant sacrifice must take place. If a Fidia leaves their group or is outcasted their tale slowly decays from being away from their queen. A queen starts to die at the age of 450 and must conceive a child fast for that child will become the next queen and be born with a lilac purple tail. Fidias only change to their human stage if they are trying to kill a descendant for food. Unless they are trying to catch their food they stay in their Fidia form.

Warriors tail- Maroon red

Cooks tail- light yellow

Farmers tail- Dark yellow

fishermen- Dark blue

Royal tail-  lavendar purple

Queens tail- lilac purple

Servants- light red

Author: TheCheshireNeko

Added info: THIS IS A PLAYABLE CREATURE

LM Approval Required:

Yes/No

+1 Nice idea and i think it can spark some good rp

Interesting idea, though needs to be more fleshed out on how it came to be and whatnot

Just now, Angmarzku said:

Interesting idea, though needs to be more fleshed out on how it came to be and whatnot

I've been thinking of this idea for a long time and i've never been able to figure out how they would come to be. Lets just say they poofed into a existence one day (jk) xD

I REALLY like this. Like I really like this, please make this a thing.

We definitely do not need more races on this server, besides there are dozens of things just like this that people say is a good idea, but it really isn't

I will say this is really nicely written though it seems too much like a cervitaur with a snake body, perhaps a more argonian style thing?

No offence intended, but since this place has a comment field for feedback purposes I'll be honest with you, I think this is unoriginal and likely won't be anything more than mayfly lore. Shapeshifting is something that to my understanding isn't something approved by the LT unless you got some really in-depth or unique lore to show for it, so I'd say the predator mode is out of the picture.

Oh, and speaking of the predator mode, how come they don't just feed off other animals? Surely it'd be easier to eat insects or whatever desert animals you come across than having to slither your way into a town and then use some energy draining magic to transform into a human body so you can try and lure someone into your free candy van of death?

How come they are half human half snake anyways? Got some curse going on here? A man who wasn't afraid to wrestle with an anaconda in bed? Drunk deities?

How come their society is so much like the ant civilization? Can't a shrewd fidia just dye their tail as whatever profession they want? The queen is promiscuous and everyone's chill with cuckoldry? Isn't it possible that more than one queen would be born? 

I've asked enough questions for round one.

Current verdict: Snowflakey, sorry. I just don't see how this will make the server's RP any more enjoyable than perhaps pleasing the monster hunters of the world and the few who play a Fidia. Good luck in your endevours though, I might've sounded like a scrutinizing bastard but I've gotten higher and higher standards for new creatures and cultures over the years.

reEaCgC.gif

Unnecessary and cliquey. This isn't something the server needs, or in my opinion will ever need for the foreseeable future.

I like it a lot +1

It's... Good, but it's kind of unnecessary, isn't it? The same roleplay could be achieved with races that already exist. It'd just be gross, because, well, cannibals are gross. I like the idea of the hierarchy, and the way their society works, but i feel like that wouldn't be well suited for snake people. Perhaps, instead, they should be more lubbock-like (insect-y)? Or maybe instead you should have their culture resemble the behavioral patterns of different snakes, which are generally more solitary animals than described here.

Good concept, needs improvement.

12 minutes ago, Jonificus said:

No offence intended, but since this place has a comment field for feedback purposes I'll be honest with you, I think this is unoriginal and likely won't be anything more than mayfly lore. Shapeshifting is something that to my understanding isn't something approved by the LT unless you got some really in-depth or unique lore to show for it, so I'd say the predator mode is out of the picture.

Oh, and speaking of the predator mode, how come they don't just feed off other animals? Surely it'd be easier to eat insects or whatever desert animals you come across than having to slither your way into a town and then use some energy draining magic to transform into a human body so you can try and lure someone into your free candy van of death?

How come they are half human half snake anyways? Got some curse going on here? A man who wasn't afraid to wrestle with an anaconda in bed? Drunk deities?

How come their society is so much like the ant civilization? Can't a shrewd fidia just dye their tail as whatever profession they want? The queen is promiscuous and everyone's chill with cuckoldry? Isn't it possible that more than one queen would be born? 

I've asked enough questions for round one.

Current verdict: Snowflakey, sorry. I just don't see how this will make the server's RP any more enjoyable than perhaps pleasing the monster hunters of the world and the few who play a Fidia. Good luck in your endevours though, I might've sounded like a scrutinizing bastard but I've gotten higher and higher standards for new creatures and cultures over the years.

reEaCgC.gif

I'm happy everyone is giving their opinion on this topic, whether it be a positive comment or a negative one, but there is a difference between constructive criticism and being flat out mean. You could have said this all in a much nicer way and if you had looked at the comments above you would have seen that while i have been thinking of this for months, i could not come up with the way they came to be. How can one dye a snakes tail? Please tell me seeing as a Fidia's tail is a snake tail. Also i put that Fidia's need to eat descendant every once in a while because it gives them energy, descendants helps rekindle their strength  and basic animals like cows just help keep them from starving, i understand animals gives energy and such but for a Fidia it is different. Next time you decide you want to give your opinion about someones ideas, please make sure it STAYS as constructive criticism and not turn into a "scrutinizing bastard."