Physical Alteration Magic. (Voidal Spread)

Showlocke

I have an idea for a lore submission, but I have no idea how to write it out. My character was searching for a way to use evocation magic without getting rid of her physical strength. BASICALLY what I have come up with, is that one dudes power from ben 10. A mage can place their hand on any physical matter, and call upon the void to give them an armor of that type of material. Say that there was a rock next to them, they could easily place their hand on that rock and call upon the void to coat their arm in that type of stone. They could then use it to punch the living **** out of someone. Same thing goes for metal, if below them was a metal rut, they could coat their hand in it. The only downfall to this strength-wise would be the PHYSICAL strength of the caster. WHICH IS WHY this is DIFFERENT than most magics. It requires the casters PHYSICAL strength rather than anything else to determine how strong the magics are. So you would have to be pretty beefy to carry iron coated arms. The magic in it, instead of it just being gloves, is that the material grows so close to you that it might as well be your skin. It doesn't have to be just hands either. You could use it as boots for staying still on a mountain, or a helmet for blocking attacks, or even headbutting your opponent. The only draw backs is that you would have to be TOUCHING the material WITH the GENERAL PART YOU WANT TO CHANGE. So say you wanted to cover your whole body, you hold it against your chest, but since it is a large area, it takes a lot longer to coat. So just the hands? Touch the material until it has climbed up to your upper arms.

What I like to call this is voidal spread. What it does is make the void kind of.. Glitch out would be the best way to put it. Since the mages using it are rather abrupt, it makes the reaction more severe, yet effective. The void lashes out morphing the world around it, and causes the earth to latch on to wherever the reaction is made. It can be ANYTHING. You can have wooden spread, to gold spread, to clothing spread. Whatever you touch it makes it perfectly coat you. Now, say you would want to put a metal glove around you, then shape it to make it a weapon more effective. You could simply use Conjuration and shape the metal into something sharp, like a scythe or the glove sword thing from full-metal alchemist.

It really bothered me that there wasnt any type of PHYSICAL that relied on how the casters strength was. This was my solution. Something personal and not ranged at all, that required a test of the persons physical strength to carry rocks and metal rather than a testimate to how much they could focus and such. Obviously the initial spread would require focus, and getting the stuff OFF. That's the issue now, isn't it? Well, all that would require is to touch flesh. It can be a permanent change, however it allows the void's changes to corrupt the mind EXTREMELY fast. This is why physical mages cannot cover their WHOLE body, it allows them never to return to normal unless they wanted SOMEONE ELSE'S flesh. Which is gross.  (Also, if this gets accepted does that mean /I/ Can use it in game?)

no earth evo iron man suits please

please

please

plleeaaseeee

It seems very unorganized, and I'm pretty sure this violates several already established pieces of lore

Cool concept but idk

As others have pointed out, this is not really viable.

1. Manipulation of actual, physical objects is not something the void does outside of alteration and the subtypes categorized under that (transfiguration, telekinesis, translocation), which I do not see mentioned in this lore (outside of the title).
  2. You need to go more in-depth on what "voidal spread" is and how it actually works.
  3. Conjuration is not something you'd use to manipulate something into a scythe, it's for the recreation of plants, animals, and primordials.
  4. The void is physically corrupting, which makes this all rather useless due to the fact they would not be able to move around freely.
  5. This seems like a blatant attempt to simply power your character up without having any negatives. Almost all magics have a negative, whether it be physical or something with moral codes.
  6. What is the explanation for the mind being corrupted and how would that even work?
  7. As Sythan said, this lore is all over the place. I suggest reading other accepted pieces and following more or less the same format.

Overall, I'd have to say I would not want something like this on the server, nor do I believe that you understand the server's lore well enough to propose this. Take the time to look at the current accepted voidal magics to understand how they function before proposing a new one. If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

Sorry, I'd have to agree with the others on this one, However, I would suggest possibly reading more into the server lore in order to get a better grasp on things. Also, you can learn how to organize the lore you write by looking at other lore posts here: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/forum/428-magic-lore/. Hope this helps! I'm gonna have to say no to this lore though.

81oeujd.gif

Lore under review.

The LT has decided to deny this lore.

- You should flesh out the concept more in a neat, defined, and in the form of a legitimate concept in a way that the LT can grasp a viable image of the lore. Flesh out the idea and define it a lot more.