[Playable] Arcane Familiars - A Mage's Construct

3 minutes ago, EPICBEAST6209 said:

Love the lore. But it's rather non-specific as to how encasing a mana gem in arcaurum and enchanted allows for the mana to create a sentient being that can be sustained with a somewhat capable intelligence.

It's intelligence is that of any conjuration.

The creature itself is something that can already be made via conjuration+evocation. This lore is simply to give those beings permanence and allow them to be characters played long-term by players.

3 minutes ago, Luxurypoop said:

Mage golems? Yes please.

Will climate and weather affect these things? I.e. rain weakening the Fire atronach, desert climates weakening the water/ice atronachs? 

Ah, yes. It would greatly increase the mana needed to sustain the being due to the climate wearing away at its form. The core would need to use mana to regenerate doused flames or evaporated water.

It's really cool and all and I like the lore.

But wheres the element of lightning?

2 minutes ago, Tox said:

It's really cool and all and I like the lore.

But wheres the element of lightning?

Right now, what we have in mind is that lightning Atronachs take far too much mana to put into an Atronach body, that and you can't really have lightning sitting in this idle position.

Awesome idea. I especially liked the explanation of their permanence and the different types. A lot of cool rp could be brought out of this. +1

10 minutes ago, ArcanicFable said:

Right now, what we have in mind is that lightning Atronachs take far too much mana to put into an Atronach body, that and you can't really have lightning sitting in this idle position.

I like this entire concept, it seems really nice and thought out! I also feel like the above statement is fairly true and should remain that way. +1 from me, nice job you three.

Would like one of these +2

+1 

Would really bring more RP onto the server, between the creator, atronach, and others!!!

Good idea! Support from me, for sure :)

+1

I'm still confused as to how an electrical atronach doesn't exist. Bokratz's explanation seems sound until you realise that fire moves just as much as electricity. Either way, I like it!

P.S. What of mix-element atronachs? Like earth+water making a mud atronach?

3 hours ago, Gabuette said:

!!!!! i wanna play one of these

+1

If they come. You could play mine! :D