[✗] Hags - Fiends of Blight

TavernLich

Just now, Matheus said:

we never see you in public, tbh

That means we are successfully hiding then. What is it you expect exactly? That we waltz into Felsen undisguised..?

17 minutes ago, Pess said:

That means we are successfully hiding then. What is it you expect exactly? That we waltz into Felsen undisguised..?

We just expect RP dude, and no offense, if you are as active as you say you are then perhaps I would have seen you actually RP villainy in my three or so years in LotC, that's excluding all the various villain hideouts I went into as a DK cultist, lich, ghoul and so on and so forth. So, I mean, if I hang out with the villains AND played as a villain then, and if you are as active as you claim to be, then shouldn't I have seen at least ONE time when a frost witch was in action throughout my THREE years here? Here is one of your frost mothers also telling us of the frosties' inactivity: 

Sorry if I came off as blunt, but at least I'm giving you the decency of not sugar coating my words.

I'd suppawrt this lawr submission, but alas, i cannot afford 26.95 us of the dollar

4 hours ago, Redxophos said:

We need this because frost witches are inactive and terribly hard to find in RP, even they admitted to having to rely on OOC to recruit. With this lore, people can just go to a Druid or dryad or whatever and ask for help tracking them, meaning it's much easier to get a hold of them an: actually RP instead of waiting for that frost witch drinking tea in the tavern to come to you.

Although I imagine that the search for Hags might be enjoyable for one party, I see it becoming awfully dull, and maybe even annoying, for the people actually playing this creature after a while. It'll eventually become an endless cycle of druids constantly willing to track this creature (and maybe even kill it) over and over again. Perhaps it'll cause frustration with some? Or maybe not, it's just a thought I had.

I like the written lore however! A unique piece in my opinion. It's thrilling to see what they can do, as I'm sure that they'll drive fear in some. I'm excited to see these creatures in RP if they're accepted in the end.

I thought of that frustration as well, and it seems to be an unavoidable aspect, something I'd give for abundant RP, Halsey. Though, I do think that constant RP, especially conflict, would also do us good, at some level, in terms of activity. So many times I've seen villains fall inactive after a "golden period" because they can't be bothered to find others to interact with or are consistently made to fight a one-sided battle against holy users; with this, people will come to hags and there would be a steady flow of RP toward them, with variety of people, as well, given that they aren't just vulnerable to deific powers but all manner of spells and weaponry, meaning ordinary people may come to them too rather than a bunch of deific users.

I love the lore! But... But... Another 'female only' creature, this is sad, very sad...

6 hours ago, Redxophos said:

I thought of that frustration as well, and it seems to be an unavoidable aspect, something I'd give for abundant RP, Halsey. Though, I do think that constant RP, especially conflict, would also do us good, at some level, in terms of activity. So many times I've seen villains fall inactive after a "golden period" because they can't be bothered to find others to interact with or are consistently made to fight a one-sided battle against holy users; with this, people will come to hags and there would be a steady flow of RP toward them, with variety of people, as well, given that they aren't just vulnerable to deific powers but all manner of spells and weaponry, meaning ordinary people may come to them too rather than a bunch of deific users.

If that's the case, then I'd see this more as an ET creature than a playable one. If they 'basically' ask for a protagonist to kill them, what's the point of playing it? It's not your job, as a player, to create a creature that asks to purged by adding certain things that a large group of players can detect.

Good lore, still. But I would moreso acknowledge this as an ET creature, rather than being playable.

I'd say make it an ET creature but since few ET do **** maybe just let players do them lol.

8 hours ago, Redxophos said:

We just expect RP dude, and no offense, if you are as active as you say you are then perhaps I would have seen you actually RP villainy in my three or so years in LotC, that's excluding all the various villain hideouts I went into as a DK cultist, lich, ghoul and so on and so forth. So, I mean, if I hang out with the villains AND played as a villain then, and if you are as active as you claim to be, then shouldn't I have seen at least ONE time when a frost witch was in action throughout my THREE years here? Here is one of your frost mothers also telling us of the frosties' inactivity: 

Sorry if I came off as blunt, but at least I'm giving you the decency of not sugar coating my words.

Things have changed since that post so it's not accurate. Much like a shade and necromancer a witch doesn't blend with the public, you've been at the wrong places. We're in fact highly active in many places right now, but any villainous acts are obviously done out of the public. You've and many others got to stop expecting witches to act some sort of antagonist which we certainly isn't.

I could say the same about you, I've not come across you from what I can remember. Everything is situational here. 

10 hours ago, Matheus said:

we never see you in public, tbh

They play a frost witch. Not entirely sure what you're expecting out of a fleeting, frozen cannibal. 

1 hour ago, SaintPaint said:

I'd say make it an ET creature but since few ET do **** maybe just let players do them lol.

I agree with Pat. Though this thing seems more fit for an ET creature, I don't think it'd ever be played by them, anyway.

As for the lore... I kinda like it, but find it a bit...eh? We just had Strigae accepted, and this is kinda like a mix of Strigae, Frost Witches and Necromancers. It's not the lore itself I don't like (you wrote it well!), I just think the concept is a bit over-used.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

Please pm a member of the LMs if you want more details on the reasons of denial.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.