[✗] [Clarification/Addition] Augur Clarifications, and new Variants!

Quavinir_Twiceborn

Whilst the clarification is nice, the addition of the big, dumber Augur makes it a glorified Golem, in my eyes. Isn't it a bit redundant?

6 hours ago, Mephistophelian said:

Whilst the clarification is nice, the addition of the big, dumber Augur makes it a glorified Golem, in my eyes. Isn't it a bit redundant?

I personally dont imagine them dumber. What really fascinates me is the idea of a fully funtioning in the mind ,and fully aware person being unable to communicate traditionally. This is even heightened by the creature's heightened emotional state. As golems are standardly emotionless, automatons ordered to a purpose (With a few exceptions) solidified augurs are fully emotionally mature and functioning minds of the descendants. They still have the same goals, the same wants and wishes, and this form grants both hindrances ad boons to help one achieve whatever those may be.

The standard trope on LOTC I see are of these emotionless, dumb, yet powerful creatures. Their purpose is always defined by others. Yet, with the solidified augurs, they're still who they wish to be. They may be unemotive, but their mental capacity is still great, with the only hindrance to such being later recollection when they return to descendant form.

To me, silent, yet emotional characters are my favorite. (Studio Ghibli does them perfect.)

So when reading this, I ask that you'd also take a look at the nature of augurs, and visualize how such a creature would act. IT certainly wouldnt be the same as a standard augur given its inability to talk, but it certainly wouldnt be a dumb golem or a dread knight.

5 hours ago, Quavinir_Twiceborn said:

I personally dont imagine them dumber. What really fascinates me is the idea of a fully funtioning in the mind ,and fully aware person being unable to communicate traditionally. This is even heightened by the creature's heightened emotional state. As golems are standardly emotionless, automatons ordered to a purpose (With a few exceptions) solidified augurs are fully emotionally mature and functioning minds of the descendants. They still have the same goals, the same wants and wishes, and this form grants both hindrances ad boons to help one achieve whatever those may be.

The standard trope on LOTC I see are of these emotionless, dumb, yet powerful creatures. Their purpose is always defined by others. Yet, with the solidified augurs, they're still who they wish to be. They may be unemotive, but their mental capacity is still great, with the only hindrance to such being later recollection when they return to descendant form.

To me, silent, yet emotional characters are my favorite. (Studio Ghibli does them perfect.)

So when reading this, I ask that you'd also take a look at the nature of augurs, and visualize how such a creature would act. IT certainly wouldnt be the same as a standard augur given its inability to talk, but it certainly wouldnt be a dumb golem or a dread knight.

I meant 'dumber' in the traditional sense! (e.g. Deaf, dumb, blind)

Also, my issue was that their 'purpose' isn't exactly fully theirs. They basically obey another Augur's command much like a Golem obeys an Impera. Couldn't there be a different take on it? I don't get why they'd follow another Augur's command, anyway... but I didn't write the lore, either xD

I'm sorry about the confusion over the 'dumb' thing. I should have just used 'mute' instead.

EDIT: I read through the lore again. It seems I misunderstood. Sorry about that! I was under the impression they'd do as another Augur says, even being allowed to attack/partake in combat when another Augur instructs it.

2 hours ago, Mephistophelian said:

I meant 'dumber' in the traditional sense! (e.g. Deaf, dumb, blind)

Also, my issue was that their 'purpose' isn't exactly fully theirs. They basically obey another Augur's command much like a Golem obeys an Impera. Couldn't there be a different take on it? I don't get why they'd follow another Augur's command, anyway... but I didn't write the lore, either xD

I'm sorry about the confusion over the 'dumb' thing. I should have just used 'mute' instead.

EDIT: I read through the lore again. It seems I misunderstood. Sorry about that! I was under the impression they'd do as another Augur says, even being allowed to attack/partake in combat when another Augur instructs it.

All is well!

There is 3 reasons why I wrote such.

#1: I always aim to write in things to avoid abuse. It is well imaginable to see an solidified augur going where they want, manipulating a few things, and wrecking house. thats not good. People could easilly got he 'ME NOT UNDERSTAND' route, have combat be initiated on them, and than do massive damage in return. But these creatures are strong? Should not they use their strength? So I made so literally they have to have someone around to keep them accountable, and help make sure it doesnt go haywire.

#2: One of the strictures of Yeu Rthulu notes how one should seek accountability from others to discern what is done form anger, and whats done in just retribution (or making things right). So quite literally, this is a physical manifestation of that stricture. and while they cant get angry, they ahve to be under the discernment of someone else and be approved to even have the \choice\ of entering any combat. 

#3:Augurs are relatively solitary creatures, there is very little Augur + augur interaction currently, and most of it currently is moreso "WAIT, THERE IS MORE OF MY KIND???". This encourages augurs to come and stick together. To atleast havea  'designated' driver sorta thing. 

Question:

Do Augurs bleed red blood?

While in Descendant form, do they  still disappear at death?

(Might've been already answered) Can they also learn magic after becoming an augur?

btw love this submission <3 those are just my questions

11 hours ago, someone cool said:

Question:

(Might've been already answered) Can they also learn magic after becoming an augur?

Sorry for answering instead of Hudson-- as far as I know in Descendant form, they don't disappear at death, but die as they would usually in their descendant form. Also, I've asked your third question and they can only learn voidal magics both before and after becoming an Augur. Hope this helps and hopefully I am right lol :)

On 8/13/2016 at 0:12 AM, devinisanobody said:

Question:

1st thing: While in standard augur form, no. But while in fleshed augur form, yes.

2nd thing: nope.

3rd thing: Yes, void magic, and in the near-to distant future healing.

Looking forward to the healing/purpose being added. And +1 for this piece.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

You may contact an LM for the reasons

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.