[✗] [Daemon] Galdame - Lady of Madness

MunaZaldrizoti

wicked_queen_concept_sketch_by_sweet_bre

Galdame

"Lady of Madness"

Galdame, also called the “Lady of Madness”, is the voice inside your head, the person who calls your name when no person is around. She is the figure you see float just around a corner, vanishing into thin air. She is the one who makes you do things that you might normally question just at the sound of her voice, using her words to break and bend your mind into any form she pleases. She is the seed from which Madness grows, and she grows it for entertainment, for destruction, for chaos.

Galdame is the Daemon of Madness, Insanity, and Trickery. She seeks those who are of weak of heart, or mind, and corrupts them. She enjoys watching her work destroy families, kingdoms, and perhaps entire realms and relishes in the sadness that her madness creates in her ‘Chosen’, or the beings unto whom she inflicts her madness upon.

Not much is known of Galdame, for she rarely reveals details of her past with her subjects, but some believe that long ago, she fell in love with a mortal man whom she watched from afar. She grew accustomed to seeing him and watching over him, but after many decades of admiring him silently, he died. This drove Galdame into a great fury and depression, which eventually broke her mind. She believed, after this occurrence, that madness was the natural outcome of heartbreak and the Daemon sought to nurture this idea into something further.

Galdame is assumed to be the "Shepherd of Insanity", her control of the mind’s deepest trenches being quite powerful over the Descendant Races. She actively seeks for men and women born with weaker minds, or weak constitutions, and begins to nurture the cracks in their mentality, forcing her way in. From there, she begins to interact with her ‘Chosen’, perhaps creating illusions that only they can see or whispering to them whilst they are alone and vulnerable.

This is her game, and she takes great pleasure in seeing how her victims experience what she felt when her love and life crumbled before her.

Galdame believes that madness is the route to control, that one only need harness that insanity in order to take that being & and use them for one's own purposes. She creates madnes because she takes joy in watching people break and crumble, falling into a pit of their own making. The further her madness spreads, the more control she has over people who can conquer, destroy, or even kill at her behest. To tamper with the mind is to tamper with life, which is Galdame's utter & true purpose. She wants to make her mark upon the Descendants by ushering them towards war and hate, to put on a show that she can gaze upon and laugh at.

=================================================================================

Chosen

logo1-the-descent-into-madness.jpg

The ‘Chosen’, as they’re called, are the beings chosen by Galdame as her unfortunate victims. Sometime after their birth, and learning of their mental weakness, Galdame will begin her whispering and tormenting to ensure that those cracks in the mind stay open for her to enter into, securing a future with that being as a ‘guide’.

However, as the Chosen grow older, some seek to fight against their mistress and expel her, which usually end in either terrible seizures, a complete breaking of the mind, or death. Those who enjoy her company, or see the whispers in their head as a comforting guide, often never wish to leave her and hide themselves away so that they might remain alone with their “mother”. On certain occasions, the Daemon will even speak her name to them, so that they might whisper it under their breath and allow her madness to spread to others just at the mention of her. Some of  Galdame’s victims are those of the religious sort, who seek guidance from The Creator or any particular deity. Believing to hear the voices of holy spirits or God in their heads, Galdame is often able to easily trick these people into thinking that their prayers were answered, and that what these whispers speak of is what that individual should believe and carry out.

Galdame, in the rare times she has been seen, is usually a tall woman, dressed in regal attire and sporting a crown atop her head. Her hair is long and pale, her cheeks hollow and eyes like a snake. She can also warp her voice in any way she pleases, so the voice in one mind is not like the other. Her allure and illusive qualities are what often drag her victims under her spell, a fact which Galdame takes immeasurable pride in.

[Out of Character]

So, being inspired by Sythan's post and by a little idea I had a while ago, I decided to conjure up and add to a Daemon of my own creation. Having played with people in the past who play their personas as having some sort of of mental illness, be it hearing voices in your head or seeing things that aren't there (Etc.), I decided to create Galdame to be that voice in their head, the faceless voice that maddens them or pushes them to make certain decisions. 

On a IC-level, the player would be allowed to decide how limited (or unlimited) the control Galdame has over them might be, and how they might fight against her should they choose to do so. If you want to lock yourself in a dark room and worship her or spit at her name and deny her, that is all up to you!

Also, this Daemon does not HAVE to be the seed or creator of your persona's insanity. Galdame is simply for those who wish to add a bit more to their mental/madness RP and give it a bit more story to play with as they wish! Plus, you know, Daemons are cool....

They seem to lack a purpose, which is the fundamental issue I see. Why do they tamper with minds? Why do they represent madness? What turned them towards such an erratic way of accumulating followers? 

I wrote this lore a long while back, which is pretty much the same thing but with applications and RP that goes with it has a far wider range (dark shamans use them, shamans and mental mages can affect them, each one of them is unique, etc). What does your lore add to the server that is different from this lore?

17 hours ago, Aerial said:

They seem to lack a purpose, which is the fundamental issue I see. Why do they tamper with minds? Why do they represent madness? What turned them towards such an erratic way of accumulating followers? 

Upon reading your suggestion/concerns, I have updated the lore and added a bit more on the topics you suggested!

15 hours ago, Mephistophelian said:

I wrote this lore a long while back, which is pretty much the same thing but with applications and RP that goes with it has a far wider range (dark shamans use them, shamans and mental mages can affect them, each one of them is unique, etc). What does your lore add to the server that is different from this lore?

Well, since I see that your lore is more creature-based, I wouldn't mind collaborating with you and perhaps meshing our two creations together (i.e perhaps the Spirits aid Galdame in seeking out and nurturing the madness within people's minds.) As for what is would add to the server lore, I simply had a Daemon idea that I felt like posting. Not everyone will like the idea, but I think it gives further variety to our deities when new ones are created!