Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lyonharted™

Monthly Web Update Log - January

23 posts in this topic

Introduction

So it’s been another month! I’ve been a little bit more busy this month with preparing for boot camp and school, so I didn’t get as much done, but there were still a good amount of changes. The following is documentation of each for your reading pleasure and so that I can gather feedback on my progress. Enjoy.

Changelog

+ Added spoiler titles [F.1]

+ Added an activity indicator, which shows a green dot by your name if you are online [F.2]

+ Added topic pagination with a cap at 10 pages, so that you can catch up on things you’ve missed [F.3]

+ Added a user block for repaholics like myself to bask in the green, and also as a call to action for guests [F.4 / F.5]

+ Added icons to each item on the navigation bar [F.6]

+ Added an announcements slideshow widget to deliver content in a more aesthetically pleasing way

* Relegated the Lore drop down into the More drop down
* Fixed a scrolling issue with the back to top button

* Various minor css changes to ensure a consistent style across the forums

- Temporarily removed status updates due to technical difficulties; a fix is coming soon™

- Resolved the VigiLink issue

- Removed the leaderboard until the next patch of our forum software, as it caused some issues

^ A server status widget is next on my to do list; this would essentially be a table showing who is online, how many people, the Minecraft version, etc. [F.7]

^ The home page is far overdue for prettification and sometime soon I will be starting on re-writing it in responsive code, with flashy icons and new pictures, to better retain visitors to the site

^ A problem with keeping track of staff is that everytime someone is changed, their ranks must be changed in game, on the website, and on Discord; sometime in the future I will be working with our Java developers to sync up in game ranks with website ranks as well as Discord ranks so that one change corrects them all. This would also ensure that VIPs instantly receive VIP rank on the forums upon donation

Spoiler

Figures

F.1 | Spoiler titles
f3d5b5721d719636c1e6bee5688972b2.png

F.2 | Activity indicator
9f41621a25b5e182951cf114501b2053.png

F.3 | Topic pagination
a8da7881c5a733d3d4931d8036b406e7.png

F.4 | User block: logged in
42d37db50ce68049608ecd6e2a1fde77.png

F.5 | User block: guest
0c925c6913d53afda886ce94eec1b0a9.png

F.6 | Navigation bar icons
aa92adf63d605d5eb42d2b3d00c471ef.png

F.7 | Example of a server status widget
5b771c61e017ae31abb184848a437a08.png

Conclusion

I’d like to give a huge thank you to @Youngie5500 for making upwards of 50 stock images for the latest announcements slideshow. Everyone send him your love. I’ll be working with him and other gfx designers on the home page as well as other projects in future. As always, if you have feedback, questions, concerns, etcetera you’re free to reply below or toss me a message on any of the platforms listed in my signature. Thanks for reading and have a good day.

Hell yeah, good work.

cool stuff daddio. is there an eta for status updates?

Excellent work, one of the most progressive staff members I've seen.  Well done.

Nice work!

giphy.gif

Niceee

Tyrenale when

How does the web dev manage to get more done in a month than the regular devs can in a year?

Nojk pls don't kill me

You're doing great work though if you want my honest feedback:

Get rid of the slideshow for the news feed and return it to how it used to be, It was more simple, convenient, and I could tell which ones the most recent! @Lyonharted™