The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Teegah

War Server Test Session #1 Report

13 posts in this topic

hAgKIgx.png

War Server Test Session #1 Report

After a few weeks of work, the Development and GM War Team had made enough on the war server where we felt comfortable enough to have a test session for the playerbase. The main focus of today’s test session was to stress test. We made the arena as small as possible to force all the players being loaded in at the same time. Next week we plan to begin showing off some of the features, we have a lot of surprises. Remember, everything that occurred during the test session was 100% OOC.

-

We were very optimistic when we saw that the server had 110+ players online, and was still running with no server-side lag(20 TPS). However, the first time PvP was enabled, the server somewhat broke down and console was being flooded. Something like this was to be expected for the preliminary test sessions, and luckily midway through @Defy was able to hot-fix the issue.

Here is an example of what console was being flooded with:

XNuYA8HbSrmYfUbL7HVCvg.png

Here is the configuration line we adjusted to fix it:

dfsfdsfsefd.PNG

After we restarted the server with the new configuration, we encouraged people to come back. For about an hour, there was an all out free-for-all between 70+ people and the server ran at no lag(20 TPS) throughout that entire duration. It was loads of fun to watch, and we hope it was just as fun to experience. This is meant to be the new standard of warclaims for the server, essentially entirely lag free.

Again, a huge thank you to the ~70 players who came back and participated after the initial hiccup. We hope everyone had a fun time. Another thank you to the volunteer players who helped get the initial queue system up to par.

2017-09-10_13.23.27.png

We plan on doing more test sessions in the very near future. The next one will have a better map, cavalry, and a few more features we’re excited to release!

A very big thank you to the following people who made the war server possible:

Firstly, a huge thank you to @Tythus and @Kowaman for providing us with the means to create the server. Thank you @Defy for handling all of the servers configuration/optimizations and thank you and @Tofuus for bungee server setup.

Untitled-1.png

Was quite a mess! But a fun mess. Turned into an odd one when half the people's armor broke though.

First~

I didn't realize that you guys fixed it! If I had known, I probably would've joined you again after the first hiccup 

Looks great compared to the current lagfest we have for warclaims nowadays. Will we be able to join the war server via signs in-game like other servers, or will we have to log into the war server via the multiplayer menu?

1 hour ago, Mullraugh said:

Looks great compared to the current lagfest we have for warclaims nowadays. Will we be able to join the war server via signs in-game like other servers, or will we have to log into the war server via the multiplayer menu?

You should be able to get in the same way we got in today.

The war team is making very good positive changes here, the lag was non-existant. However, id like to see skirmishes and sieges include a large potion of the battlefield and it's surrounding area. Allow us the opportunity to do flanks, if we have to trek 400 blocks around the right to flank someone 100 blocks in front then we should have that opportunity. It's those type of plays that determined the true victor, instead of the brainless click and smash lag fest.

1 hour ago, DPM said:

The war team is making very good positive changes here, the lag was non-existant. However, id like to see skirmishes and sieges include a large potion of the battlefield and it's surrounding area. Allow us the opportunity to do flanks, if we have to trek 400 blocks around the right to flank someone 100 blocks in front then we should have that opportunity. It's those type of plays that determined the true victor, instead of the brainless click and smash lag fest.

Agreed 

Despite the lag and mayhem, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It also apparently kept lag off of LoTC! So, that's good.

I don't think this post received the attention it deserves. A 70 man battle with virtually no lag whatsoever is something that hasn't been done in a very long time (to my knowledge). This is huge for the server. Really excited to see what comes next.

18 hours ago, Treshure said:

I don't think this post received the attention it deserves. A 70 man battle with virtually no lag whatsoever is something that hasn't been done in a very long time (to my knowledge). This is huge for the server. Really excited to see what comes next.

Now we'll have to see if this lack of lag will scale up to 100v100 warclaim battles

On 9/10/2017 at 9:26 PM, PoliceAli said:

You should be able to get in the same way we got in today.

I wasn't present for that