Llir

Your View: Lockpicking

Hi everyone,

This time last month we released a lockpicking plugin called ‘SkeletonKey’. Here on the game development team we’re really eager to hear what your thoughts are on the plugin. Do you think it has benefited the server? Do you think anything can be improved with the plugin? 

Specifically, what do you think about the current odds, the jamming system, and overall mechanics?

Here’s your opportunity to speak now!

Note: We know it's still a bit buggy, we're waiting on 1.13 to redo some of the core of the plugin after LWC (the lock plugin) updates.

I really enjoy the plugin thus far. It's easier to rely on a command rather than waiting for a GM to response to a modreq in the heat of a situation

I used to react very negatively to it, but seeing how there's no way for people to open chests atm, I find it reasonable. If that ever gets readded, my concern will probably make a comeback.

10/10 plugin just dont include glass since that can be abused to bypass arcane barriers which is typically stained glass.

The plugin is great overall- much more convenient than waiting for a GM to show up. 

good plugin, jamming im not TOO much of a fan of, and remove breaking glass pains or something? I usually have a problem with people breaking the arcane barriers as gates

I love it. The chances of opening doors aren't absolutely impossible, yet not too easy. I also like that people can no longer break through multiple doors at once by getting a good roll, as it used to be. It takes away from the entire purpose of trying to keep someone in/out. Honestly this plugin was a lifesaver (no offense GMs, but it can be painful to need to wait for sometimes hours at a time to get a small modreq claimed). 

Keep up the good work.

6 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

I love it. The chances of opening doors aren't absolutely impossible, yet not too easy. I also like that people can no longer break through multiple doors at once by getting a good roll, as it used to be. It takes away from the entire purpose of trying to keep someone in/out. Honestly this plugin was a lifesaver (no offense GMs, but it can be painful to need to wait for sometimes hours at a time to get a small modreq claimed). 

Keep up the good work.

People could never break through multiple doors, even with 20s. If your doors were too close to eachother, you'd open them botb by right clicking, so GMs let players through them. It was a mistake on the part of the person who placed them.

Im not enjoying it. Everytime I've tried to lockpick a door, it has failed. I've tried to lockpick around 45 doors already, and none worked. Most failed and jammed. So please up it

/lockpick

/lockpick

/lockpick

/lockpick

/lockpick

/lockpick

/lockpick

/lockpick

/lockpick

/lockpick

/lockpick

/lockpick

/lockpick

My only big problem is that it seems like I'm able to jam doors way to easily and way to frequently. I'd rather the door be jammed for a specific person or whatever after a certain amount of attempts rather than /lockpick 1 time and the door becomes jammed.

3 hours ago, Killmatronix said:

People could never break through multiple doors, even with 20s. If your doors were too close to eachother, you'd open them botb by right clicking, so GMs let players through them. It was a mistake on the part of the person who placed them.

I mean, a GM let someone through about 5 doors (that were all separate and had many corners and walls between them) and someone got into the gatehouse somehow. Sad days.

I like it better than the old system. Maybe up the chances a little. Also allow people to lockpick chests. If you can open a door why shouldn't you be able to open a chest? It might add to a little RP. Like if someones stuff gets stolen try to investigate and find the thief and lock them up/fine them.

4 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

I mean, a GM let someone through about 5 doors (that were all separate and had many corners and walls between them) and someone got into the gatehouse somehow. Sad days.

I did that with one other person and a lot of 19-20 rolls