Sign in to follow this  
Fireheart

Moderation Update - March 13th 2019

Hey all! Writing a brief post to go over a couple of items and communicate to you some updates as we continue on with this map. 7.0 has been a great launch and it’s been great hearing all the feedback you’ve been giving on the map. We’ve heard great things about the map, the layout of things, the roleplay experiences everyone has been having, but we’ve also heard the other comments and concerns. Regarding nation land purchases, charter applications, 9+ damage axes, and missing blocks that people would like to purchase.

To start off with the most boring of the announcements we have two rule changes which are just small word adjustments. The first clarifying that you can’t just take items from item frames since people were doing that and the second clarifying that even though you have to leave a sign explaining the roleplay you did to kill livestock you still actually have to do that roleplay... shocking I know. This should all just be common sense for the bulk of you, but we are updating it to help keep people on the same page and remove places where confusion can arise.

Secondly 9+ damage stone axes have been floating around in starter kits. Developers are planning to patch this out, but with raids opening up this weekend and that fix not coming before then we’re gonna begin a moderation purge of the item. Consider this your flashy warning notice:

Moderators will be on the hunt for 9+ damage stone axes. If you have one please either turn them in to us or destroy them. If you are caught using them or storing them away for a rainy day punishments may be handed down.

A lot of people have also been requesting more blocks to be sold at the Cloud Temple. i was planning to open up some more shops earlier in the week, but I have been prioritizing nation and charter management over that. I have it lined up for a release this weekend so be on the lookout for a special broadcast in-game this weekend about new goods being sold! If you have suggestions on what should be sold or added leave them down below in a comment. So far I’ve got basic requests for things like coral blocks, magma blocks, etc.

Lastly, to wrap things up I want to touch on charters again. If you are applying for a charter please ensure that you read this information post that was made to explain the system. While it is a lot to read it does give out a lot of useful information. Please do not message a moderator asking a question about charters without reading this because that will always be the first question back to you. We do not have an issue with clarifying a point or answering a more specific question, but asking us basic stuff that is covered in that post is pointless. We will continue to review charter applications as quickly as possible, but do realize that your charter application may wait up to two weeks in time to either collect signatures or be processed. Some applications are more simplistic than others or have their needed information together better than others. We are aware that the start of the map has been frustrating to a lot of people as we work with this system, especially for nation land purchases, and I’d like to personally apologize for the inconsistency in this area. We’ve had massive issues where some moderators can handle specific situations and some can not. I will be continuing my work to help bring this up to an area of sustainability since everyone has not been on the same page which is a very big problem that is rooted in poor communication in this area. I’ve touched on a couple of the other problems we’ve been trying to overcome in this area within our monthly update log so if you are curious I encourage you to give it a read as it talks more about the technical challenges with 1.13. Otherwise have a good night!

yeeet

I sure hope the tab autofill option comes back...

Also... CoralBlockHype!

Add sea pickles and normal coral to be sold in ct coral blocks are great but I prefer the grass like coral 

well bye berserker axe 2.0

Why the heck is AFKing still illegal.

2 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Why the heck is AFKing still illegal.

AFKing in the CT at the very least should be legal since nobody can hurt us there anyway, and people go off briefly to vote and do things that make them leave the screen momentarily.

Like, we get kicked by being AFKing too long already, don’t we? Why continue punishing that?

Also @Fireheart – First of all, I appreciate all the hard work and stress you and the rest of the staff have been handling. Thank you for that. I know all the bugs aren’t just frustrating to us players but to you as well.

On that note, however...

The greenhouse. It doesn’t have most flowers (does it have any at all?) and there are no other shops at the CT with them. When I asked (on several different occasions in the last several months, oops) about flowers and how I didn’t want to steal or leave land-scars or have to tress-pass on someone’s land to bonemeal for flowers (especially the rare swamp one), I was told that they’d either be sold at a shop or at the greenhouse in the CT.

Yet... pretty much every vanilla vegetation is sold at the CT and... no flowers. 😧

I can understand  if the argument was “lol go bonemeal your own, scrub,” but, like... all the other vegetation sold at the CT can be bonemealed, for the most part. So why aren’t flowers there?

I realize it’s a small issue, and hell, maybe I’m just blind AF and can’t find them, but I hope you or another staff can answer me, pwetty pwease? :3

*EDIT* Oops, forgot to ask if you guys will be having voting rewards again this map. x3

1 minute ago, Bananasaurus said:

-snip-

There are a lot of flowers in the Cloud Temple Greenhouse. Which ones are you trying to get?

4 hours ago, Fireheart said:

There are a lot of flowers in the Cloud Temple Greenhouse. Which ones are you trying to get?

I.... just experimented and now feel dumb.

I was not aware you could bonemeal REGULAR flowers in this map/build. Sorry! 😧

But also vote milestones and playtime hours resetting (so we can’t get more SS slots and such) seem to be issues to add to the list. Unsure if you’re already aware of those, though.

Just now, Bananasaurus said:

-snip-

That would be something to bring up with developers. Moderators don’t control that!

19 hours ago, Fireheart said:

That would be something to bring up with developers. Moderators don’t control that!

Good to know for whenever the next Dev Update is ._.

Thanks, and sorry again.