Fireheart

Moderation Update Log - February

! Moderation Staff are in need of more volunteers. If you are interested in contributing to the server in the form of moderating please apply.

Moderation Staff Update Log - February 2019

BPii9m83InlZAHGCpA4H5geAMMKCWkKpyif-8XTs

Introduction

Hello! We’re back at it with another update log of everything that went down in February. I’m also going to cheat a bit and talk about the start of March since 7.0 was such a big part of our work in February. This will count as our first full month under our new staff structure which has seen us drop to a team of under twenty staff members. While this is okay numbers it is not ideal and we will be taking time in the month of March to further cement our team atmosphere and bring on and train new moderators to more quickly serve the community’s needs.

New Changes

1.13: So with the server running 1.13 there are a couple of notices I’ll be laying out so that the community can be aware of the awkward situation we are in. There are two very big tools we are missing from our bag that will impede our ability to do normal work that has been expected of us for a long time. Firstly, there is a version of World Edit that separates out the way our issued commands are processed. I’ll spare the technical details, but the basic idea behind this is that WE lags very quickly and over smaller selections compared to others. Meaning copying and pasting giant ships or doing other resource intensive task are not something we will be jumping on due to the chance of it crashing the server. Tl;dr we are using a more bare bones version at the moment.

1.13: (Continued) The second tool is World Edit CUI which was a computer user interface that allowed us to see our world edit selections in real time. Since Forge only just released a very unstable and buggy version of their 1.13 client it is unlikely that we will be seeing this tool in the near future be updated. This also hurts our ability to do large selections in world edit, but more damaging is our inability to view regions with that CUI. As of now all of our region selections for this map have been done completely by “eye ball’in it” as they say. I’ll touch on this more, but what I do ask is you give us as moderators a bit of patience and grace as we struggle through this issue making complex selections that bend across biomes and landmarks.

Forums Rework: To touch on this again we went through a rather large back-end overhaul of our forums. A lot of stuff has been moved around and we are still in the process of filtering out old Atlas post and updating sub-forums. Specifically, in the roleplay sub-forum if you feel there needs to be a sub-forum or if you think something was misplaced shoot me a forum message and we can have that looked into. Everything is still on the forums and nothing has been deleted, just shifted around.

Wars and Raiding: As you all know from the onslaught of moderation updates last month raids and wars are on pause at the moment. Raids will be up shortly, but wars are down for the month of March while ScreamingDingo continues to collect feedback and work on the system. I have received a couple of questions wondering what happens if the system is not ready and the answer is they will continue to be on pause. However, Dingo has confirmed with me that they are almost done and will be ready for review shortly.

Nation and Charter Management: I’ll link the post <here>, but this is something that is being hurt by the lack of a CUI. Due to us not having that tool marking regions and lining them up to tiles is a bit of a pain and there will be mistakes made for those sub-regions. So if you see those you can always point them out and we can look into fixing them. Charter applications have started their review process and will be processed over the coming week. Do note that there are very important images in the post linked that detail where charters can be placed. If you posted a charter app with the wrong location marked this must be corrected.

(Continued) As a final note for this section of the update; charters and nation leaders have a small little spot on our public Discord to have a direct line of communication with staff. This will be used as a hub to ask questions or have announcements pushed out to them to better assist with communication. Not all moderators will be able to assist in region creation for nations due to the lack of a CUI, but we will continue to bring people on to help as we continue. If you need a region made within your nation bug your nation leader to get our attention!  

Current Team Roster

MN7WIhAa0syD0v9oPGk0ntfZLO2BKqZ43EHNKOdS

Monthly Statistics

Moderation Staff received a total of 1173 modreqs in February.

Congratulations and thank you to: ZipZapMan, DonutsTasteMmm, and Lomrun for taking the most tickets in that respective order! It was awesome seeing these individuals step into the team and really contribute a lot during their first month.

The monthly quota for Moderation Staff 3%, for this month that meant an individual Mod had to complete a total of 35. Below you can view the general statistics for all members of the team. Keep in mind some new Mods were added to the team late in the month and some Mods were on leave for real life reasons.

Fhoo1KDwGVKYDi_1gR5xa8js23gMrVpri0f3sTK2

BDPrSiXtJeGo-jTwfG-gQAWrsUQUTI3_YvfZt6TM

In addition to completed tickets, there was also a sizable Mod Contribution in regard to:

Warclaims, raids, bans, ban-appeals and extensive modreqs. You can view these statistics below: (Note, submissions are voluntary and only count up to 100 points for moderators so this data is not fully accurate and in the case of this month most Mods opted not to use it)

ymUNOLW9dj6D9WDuBre0y79zMZ-Apjn2jheEeXX6

Roster Changes

+ DonutsTasteMmm added to Moderation Staff

+ Lomrun added to Moderation Staff

+ ZipZapMan added to Moderation Staff

| Jaeden promoted to Moderation Manager

- Corpean removed from Moderation Staff

- 3andD removed from Moderation Staff

- Cruz stepped down from Moderation Staff

- Keening stepped down from Moderation Staff

- Lumiin stepped down from Moderation Staff

- Xalid stepped down from Moderation Staff

- JakeFSF stepped down from Moderation Staff

Special Thanks

Pun for being a great support during the transition and dedicating a lot of time to ensuring the server didn’t fall apart.

Tofuus for not going insane during the transition and providing a ton of support to ensure the server went up when we said it would.

501warhead for bug fixing Omni and providing logistical support in how to use it.

-------------------------------

Mah boi Lomrun is a moderator now!

Hoping for wars to be put for review in the next week. Thanks heaps to the community for all the help. If it passes through admin review fairly unscathed we should be ready for an April war system launch.

3 hours ago, Fireheart said:

Pun for being a great support during the transition and dedicating a lot of time to ensuring the server didn’t fall apart. 

eh i just did what was needed, glad i could help 🙂 

Wow whoever unlocked that one door on that chart really did a lot for the community

0196dac23b8bb81ddcd44e89b3c74a38.png

Hey, look at that guy on top of modreqs... Hrmmm....

3 hours ago, Fimlin said:

Wow whoever unlocked that one door on that chart really did a lot for the community

0196dac23b8bb81ddcd44e89b3c74a38.png

That person was @Lockezi and I agree. They went above and beyond!

3 minutes ago, Fireheart said:

That person was @Lockezi and I agree. They went above and beyond!

You jealous? I know, I can tell, get on my level, Heart of Fires.

8 minutes ago, JasperJohn said:

remove log pit?

Which one? There’s four mods with the name logpit...

1 minute ago, | ZipZapMan | said:

Which one? There’s four mods with the name logpit...

i mean kill the source of the problem, the logs in the pits