[Magic Lore] - Bloodmagic

squakhawk

Now this does put a smile on my face. +1

spells are going through reformatting and may look odd for the next few days

On 9/20/2019 at 12:34 PM, SquakHawk said:

Summon Object: If of this plane, an object may be marked with a signature rune to an individual blood mage as well as the totality rune: mortality in advance. When the ritual is had later on using the signature rune of the same blood mage, two mortality runes, and a rune of power the marked object will be summoned to the location of the ritual site over the course of five emotions which, if interrupted by touch on either side whilst the marked object fades from one place and appears at the other, the ritual fails and cannot be attempted again until the runes are redrawn. Requiring  6 runes, this ritual requires 3 litres of blood.

If summoning an object not marked, such a ritual may be made to conjure an object described in runes but otherwise random in identity and make, thus nondescript and usually generic. Summoning an alien plant would require a water, an earth, two flora, two mortality, and two power. Summoning an alien artifact would require two metal, two transcendental, 

Question, so if a person were to try to get the runes to fit an object and it mainly fits like 5 different objects, how will the LT decide which to give? Place numbers on them and allow the person to roll, and allow them to roll the fate or give them the least powerful or un-useable item ?

13 hours ago, Slayy said:

snipp

The LT will usually go by intuition, and it may come down to rolling potentially. 

look how their tongues thrash to and fro so emptily, spewing erroneous lies to grasp a worthless touch upon the blood.

but the blood is sacred.

why, the secretion of the pious priest can claim that it comes from the priest’s body although it reeks of stench and is entirely fruitless; and so does this seem to be the case. you folks are and remain folk, that is, peccary and senseless beasts.

4 hours ago, Boruto said:

look how their tongues thrash to and fro so emptily, spewing erroneous lies to grasp a worthless touch upon the blood.

but the blood is sacred.

why, the secretion of the pious priest can claim that it comes from the priest’s body although it reeks of stench and is entirely fruitless; and so does this seem to be the case. you folks are and remain folk, that is, peccary and senseless beasts.

No you 

@Tato I’ll go through your things in order. 

To moderate the downsides? I am quite unsure what you mean by such. The downsides of bloodmagic are often susceptibility and vulnurability after casting or during casting, alongside their generalized weakness of using too much blood, capping them – if they have not defeated an opponent when they are dangerously close to being useless in combat, they are effectively finished.

Bloodshards will stay, and will keep staying. The only downside is having them stolen. I would reccommend not storing them in the place everyone expects to have them, this issue was prevalent when at one time three shards were stored within 500 blocks of one another. Bloodshards only downside is their potential inability to be accessed, which may be easily fixed by getting another. 

Someone can make a bloodshard of a dreg, should there not be 9 for whatever reason (most likely that someone kept it unsharded for too long). 

Sensing may be used as a lie detector, correct, the intended purpose is to be viewing the heartbeat and blood of their enemy, allowing for noticing how quick their heart may be racing, or how slow. This however is consensual between both sides, and may not be forced ooc information. Sensing is active in a maintained state, effectively as if you were putting glasses on for that time and saw the world differently. Afterward, it takes time to adjust and for such there is a period of await. 

No tell guide has the blood cost, it is within the spell itself. It is also defined at the bottom in the general redlines that blood is withdrawn from the user as soon as the spell begins its cast upon the first emote. The cooldown of contortion is that it may not be used multiple times, it is that you may cast it twice consecutively (3 emotes each, as normal) until each enters a cooldown.

Congealing can form dregs into any shape they should wish for aesthetic purpose, and they do not have a size restriction any lower than a normal, fist sized dreg.
You may not form dregs into objects really useable, without having them break easily, as they are effectively a weak glass. Breaking a dreg in half merely breaks in in half, destroying its once whole use. 

For concussion, the first line is intended. That is meaning if the cast is interrupted, such as if they break focus for any reason necessary. The second line is baseline from Gen 3, and is merely a quality of life concept that every helmet will have an opening cover, that would make it unfair if they often will go out of vision or be shrouded by the darkness of the helmet.

There is not a much better reference to strength than directly referencing a race. Dardonas has a piece in submission, and if such passes, i would change it. If the bloodmagic is an orc, their strength, stamina, and dexterity would be renewed as if they had just started, which is in the spell baseline – in an example, an orc bloodmage being wounded, would use the spell and act as if they were not effectively.

There is no guidelines as an effect for a non-bloodmages bloodloss, as that whole idea is likely too big for the scope of this lorepiece. This piece entails what it does in general to players, and to other bloodmages.

The elemental rituals do not exist to serve as a red coloured transfiguration. I also had contemplated making life give an item limited sentience, but that is taking something that likely belongs to stay in cognatism and will not pass. The rune of flesh was added as a mere aesthetic purpose for enchantment.

As said in the ritual of binding, one is able to refuse consent of the ritual. Players, and constructs alike, are under this mutual consent. I think the power ritual is fine, I had another idea that it used a form of augmentation as a ground rune that empowered or changed the aesthetic of spells surrounding, but the idea doesn’t make much for sense, and augmentation is removed for a reason. The ritual of life again, stays from Gen 3 and was never able to be used with darkmagic. It is allowed to be used within voidal and holy enchantments however, on it’s side of the use.

Thank you for your feedback, this will allow me to clear up and change a small part of the lore so all I said above and all you said is now clear and written within the lore, with the mistakes I had made. Have a good evening

Thank you for submitting your Lore Games draft! You will receive input on what needs to be fixed within the next 2 weeks.

Edit: This lore has been denied and the things that need to be fixing for its next submission given to the lore writer.