My frustration with PVP default and CRP

TheTri

I didn’t want this to turn into this. Im just pointing out how I feel about pvp. It has almost nothing to do with the orc raid from earlier. That was just what gave me the idea to write this.

1 minute ago, MinaGobbler said:

We broke no rules, we made damn sure of it. I specifically remember my group in discord to not escelate the situation further by entertaining insults, and they did not. We did our best on the villiany rp as we could, and we did our part. Only way it could have been improved would have been if more of the Sutican playerbase entertained it and rped alongside it instead of arguing with us in #sooc. We even allowed people to walk off and put away their items if they wanted, which literally the whole sutican rally did except ltbepis, which entertained our pvp suggestion and had fun.

Either way mate, I went away from sutica with a smile on my face, and I’m sure the people that cooperated with us did aswell. 

I give an example of powergaming, because you player who is black listened you have not read enough rules.

[CHAT] Zhanzokk'Gorkil scatters away with his broken arm, charging away.

Zhanzokk'Gorkil dodged the attack with a swift move to the right. He'd then attempt to do a tactical retreat

an olog cannot move easily or with real tactics and you must have common sense when doing these things, when he saw that the situation was terrible - he made an  idiotic emote and ran away, breaking a rule.(thanks to Tigergiri that tp’d him back).
also, do you know how to make villainy rp? without forcing the pvp and crying because “HUR HUR- EDGY MAGE, MI WANT PVP!!!”.  the villain is the one that has to give an excellent experience to the action they does, avoiding meming things or things you did. you aren't in the least able with your little brains to make a decent emote or to understand how to improve a story.
as far as i know pugsy, powergaming and raid to city 4+ people is against the rules (not very sure with the last one)

1 minute ago, Novastral said:

The issue isn’t losing. It’s about being practical and reducing the amount of time spent resolving a conflict. If people aren’t one emoting killing/capturing then the roleplay is valid. Whether or not it was enjoyable for you is completely up to how you want to take it. Find a roleplay solution to this situation instead of insulting other players in the community. You got raided by orcs. offer them tribute or hire some people to defend your citizens. That simple. 

they just killed someone who submitted to their pvp in front in sutica's square, opening its head and breaking its heart, they made no sacrifice or rp spirit. and if such kha would've died in rp, sure...  it would have been slightly better

1 minute ago, Goblinberg said:

an olog cannot move easily or with real tactics and you must have common sense when doing these things, when he saw that the situation was terrible - he made an  idiotic emote and ran away, breaking a rule.(thanks to Tigergiri that tp’d him back).
 also, do you know how to make villainy rp? without forcing the pvp and crying because “HUR HUR- EDGY MAGE, MI WANT PVP!!!”.  the villain is the one that has to give an excellent experience to the action they does, avoiding meming things or things you did. you aren't in the least able with your little brains to make a decent emote or to understand how to improve a story.
as far as i know pugsy, powergaming and raid to city 4+ people is against the rules (not very sure with the last one)

Then make a player report. 

I give an example of powergaming, because you player who is black listened you have not read enough rules.

[CHAT] Zhanzokk'Gorkil scatters away with his broken arm, charging away.

Zhanzokk'Gorkil dodged the attack with a swift move to the right. He'd then attempt to do a tactical retreat

wasn’t pugsy, when did we powegame, only 2 of us engaged in combat(3 at a push) so that negates the claims of a raid. We gave up on trying with the rp when u acted like a *****

I’m going to post a reply to this thread even though I don’t PvP or get raided very much. If you feel I’m misunderstanding a group of people, feel free to correct me.

People PvP on the server because slice of life RP gets old very quickly. From what I’ve heard through the grapevine, the reason these people play on LOTC instead of badlion to get their clicks is due to how their PvP affects a wider community and narrative on this server. They may not personally experience the roleplay consequences of their actions, but the thought of their PvP having actual impact on the server is enticing nonetheless. It’s like playing on a PvP-RP server on World of Warcraft. The gameplay experience is mostly about fighting things, yet the roleplay element lies in the consequences of the fighting. It is for this reason that LOTC’s PvP community exists even if some of them don’t roleplay at all. 

For slice of life roleplayers experiencing the other end of the stick, these PvPers can seem somewhat bothersome. While most PvPers PvP in order to decide the outcome of political conflicts, gain fame for their character, and impact the server’s environment, many PvPers who don’t also roleplay don’t understand how to make their PvP impactful and roleplay-friendly. When PvPers raid a settlement, usually they’re trying to send a message to the inhabitants, cause fear in the characters living there, or otherwise impact the sort of roleplay inside the settlement through force. However, oftentimes none of this RP development is caused by the PvP due to over saturation, hard to understand raider motives, lack of roleplay leading up to the conflict, or lack of survivors capable of remembering what happened. This makes a lot of PvP conflict in LOTC contain little to no RP impact, for none of the roleplayers who experienced the raid can make anything out of it or use it to develop their characters.

There are a few PvP goons who only care about pixels and PvP for PvP’s sake. Those people are probably better off playing on badlion, but the rest of the PvP community has a good reason to play on LOTC.

Here’s a basic guide on how to PvP in a way that won’t make RPers hate you (unless they’re toxic and will hate you no matter what you do) and will have a positive effect on the server’s roleplay:

-When banditing/raiding a settlement or whatever, announce your intentions to those you wish to fight or otherwise make your motives obvious. If you want their belongings, tell them that. If you want to send a message/warning to the inhabitants, tell them that too. Don’t just walk up to people and start killing them without giving them a cause that their characters can react to. If the roleplayers don’t understand why you want to PvP them, they won’t gain any character development from the encounter

-Leave 1-2 survivors to tell the others about what happened. If everyone dies and forgets all about the encounter, the only roleplay impact of the raiding/banditry will be on the forum via victory posts.

-Give the roleplayers some adequate role play before clicking them to death. Without any roleplay leading up to the PvP, people will just assume you’re a bunch of goons who want pixels and will continue roleplaying after the raid/banditry as if nothing has happened. If you give the roleplayers respectable roleplay, they’re more likely to roleplay the effects of your actions. Nobody PKs to poor RP, after all.

tl;dr: PvPers actually help LOTC and roleplayers as long as they make their PvP something that can drive character/political development instead of random ganking for easy pixels. Roleplayers still don’t like many of the non-goon PvPers because many of them engage in PvP that’s hard to extract character development from.

3 minutes ago, ninjaclimb1 said:

wasn’t pugsy, when did we powegame, only 2 of us engaged in combat(3 at a push) so that negates the claims of a raid. We gave up on trying with the rp when u acted like a *****

yeah,  there was some pugsy and your friend at least did a lot of powergaming and did a lot of shitty-tier emotes. (Ninja olog who wanted to call pvp default because i glared at him)

3 minutes ago, Novastral said:

Then make a player report. 

Two gm manager have intervened and that was my plan, but hey... i can’t know what will be their verdict or what will happen next. since looks like Gm’s team is too much lazy to act on the spot and the last report i did was completely  Forgot.

yeah,  there was some pugsy and your friend at least did a lot of powergaming and did a lot of shitty-tier emotes. (Ninja olog who wanted to call pvp default because i glared at him)

Two gm manager have intervened and that was my plan. since looks like Gm’s team is too much lazy to act on the spot

the rp was **** at the end, you missed when we put effort it into. it was **** because you acted somewhat aggressively ooc, you were revived instantly after downed and only downed because you were being a prick

2 minutes ago, ninjaclimb1 said:

the rp was **** at the end, you missed when we put effort it into. it was **** because you acted somewhat aggressively ooc, you were revived instantly after downed and only downed because you were being a prick

you were wasting a lot of time with your idiocies, I was toxic, but I don't really care that much. this is the like the four that smooth brain people like y'all can't really do decent rp and made people's time 
 and fun waste.

4 minutes ago, Goblinberg said:

6 minutes ago, Novastral said:

Got any screenshots?

you were wasting a lot of time with your idiocies, I was toxic, but I don't really care that much. this is the like the four that smooth brain people like y'all can't really do decent rp and made people's time 
  and fun waste.

Calling people smooth brain because you lost rp pixels and had a bad time during a raid is toxic and unnecessary. Treating other players with respect will take you a long way. Also, two wrongs don’t make a right. 

2 minutes ago, Goblinberg said:

and fun waste.

again, you weren’t there for the start when we actually put effort into the rp. you’ve got no room to talk on the rp, as you were there for less than half 

1 minute ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Here’s a basic guide on how to PvP in a way that won’t make RPers hate you (unless they’re toxic and will hate you no matter what you do) and will have a positive effect on the server’s roleplay:

-When banditing/raiding a settlement or whatever, announce your intentions to those you wish to fight or otherwise make your motives obvious. If you want their belongings, tell them that. If you want to send a message/warning to the inhabitants, tell them that too. Don’t just walk up to people and start killing them without giving them a cause that their characters can react to. If the roleplayers don’t understand why you want to PvP them, they won’t gain any character development from the encounter

-Leave 1-2 survivors to tell the others about what happened. If everyone dies and forgets all about the encounter, the only roleplay impact of the raiding/banditry will be on the forum via victory posts.

-Give the roleplayers some adequate role play before clicking them to death. Without any roleplay leading up to the PvP, people will just assume you’re a bunch of goons who want pixels and will continue roleplaying after the raid/banditry as if nothing has happened. If you give the roleplayers respectable roleplay, they’re more likely to roleplay the effects of your actions. Nobody PKs to poor RP, after all.

We’ve done all three of these. We arrived, and first attempted some hostage rp as we closed up the tavern. When we were told ‘we dont care’ in roleplay and were told that we were dishonorable, we agreed and I told our captive he could 1v1 me to fight for his freedom, which he did. I won the fight, and thus took him to the roof, since nobody wanted to pay our ransom of 500 minae. From there, we had a whole paragraph of old blah spiritual worship and decapitating him. We then went down towards the others suticans, of whom barricaded themselves inside the clinic. Some more rp ensued, of us hearing a child inside and not wanting to endanged the baby, asking where it is; though only getting snarky ooc comments in response. They shot at us, we called 10+ pvp default, they argued, so we said we’d pvp them and make the fight fair in terms of numbers, and that they could put away their pixels beforehand. Hearing this cue, every single Sutican except LtBepis moved away, and he said he wanted to pvp us, so we allowed him a 1v1 with ninjaclimb. After ninja won, we killed him inrp, allowed him to keep his items and walked off. It’s only now that I hear the moment our main group walked off, that they all emerged and ganged up on the remaining Olog.

I rest my point with this quote:

2 minutes ago, Goblinberg said:

and fun waste.

You did this to yourself mate, won’t be wasting my time arguing on here anymore ahah

1 minute ago, MinaGobbler said:

We’ve done all three of these. We arrived, and first attempted some hostage rp as we closed up the tavern. When we were told ‘we dont care’ in roleplay and were told that we were dishonorable, we agreed and I told our captive he could 1v1 me to fight for his freedom, which he did. I won the fight, and thus took him to the roof, since nobody wanted to pay our ransom of 500 minae. From there, we had a whole paragraph of old blah spiritual worship and decapitating him. We then went down towards the others suticans, of whom barricaded themselves inside the clinic. Some more rp ensued, of us hearing a child inside and not wanting to endanged the baby, asking where it is; though only getting snarky ooc comments in response. They shot at us, we called 10+ pvp default, they argued, so we said we’d pvp them and make the fight fair in terms of numbers, and that they could put away their pixels beforehand. Hearing this cue, every single Sutican except LtBepis moved away, and he said he wanted to pvp us, so we allowed him a 1v1 with ninjaclimb. After ninja won, we killed him inrp, allowed him to keep his items and walked off. It’s only now that I hear the moment our main group walked off, that they all emerged and ganged up on the remaining Olog.

I was not involved in this conflict. Please leave me out of it. I wrote this reply before I even knew that this encounter had occurred. It is in no way directed towards you or any of your associates.

9 minutes ago, Novastral said:

Got any screenshots?

i’ve shown the log of the Ninja olog in my past comment and that thing got fixed by Tigergiri, god bless.(still he made us waste a lot of time too). and i should check the logs again to see the pugsy, but that’s it. 

7 minutes ago, ninjaclimb1 said:

again, you weren’t there for the start when we actually put effort into the rp. you’ve got no room to talk on the rp, as you were there for less than half 

what I saw was Sutica's people quarreling because you wanted to do Pvp and they nope.

7 minutes ago, MinaGobbler said:

I rest my point with this quote:

You did this to yourself mate, won’t be wasting my time arguing on here anymore ahah

Ah, yeah walking off with your SS.  my point remains, you are certainly not the most reliable people and those few emotes I saw were really tier junk. but all right, Huga buga goon and Ltbepis didn't want just to continue. plus, if someone does not attack or is not in combat, +10 is not counted. again, let's do as when dwarves  raided Llyrian and called +10 pvp default because they threw stones with an emote.

9 minutes ago, Novastral said:

Got any screenshots?

Calling people smooth brain because you lost rp pixels and had a bad time during a raid is toxic and unnecessary. Treating other players with respect will take you a long way. Also, two wrongs don’t make a right. 

Lose Pixel? Lmao, i don’t ******* care to ******* lose Pixel.  still with the classic excuse "Stop crying xdxd, i wun't take ur pixels !!" but honestly, stop.  it has become monotonous. it's a matter of continuing  in a shitty- way a 'story' and ruining everyone's fun.

I think, continuing this argue will be just useless. don’t know if you people can understand the **** y’all did. i was toxic okke,  keep saying this.

5 minutes ago, Goblinberg said:

Lose Pixel? Lmao, i don’t ******* care to ******* lose Pixel.  still with the classic excuse "Stop crying xdxd, i wun't take ur pixels !!" but honestly, stop.  it has become monotonous. it's a matter of continuing  in a shitty- way a 'story' and ruining everyone's fun.

You completely missed the point. Calling other people smooth brained and insulting them because of something that happened in rp is wrong no matter the situation, If you don’t have any screenshots then you don’t really have a strong case. Logs can be easily altered. Your over the top reaction to a half-hour of lost rp time is over the top and unnecessary. Grow up. Either deal with it in rp or move on.