My frustration with PVP default and CRP

TheTri

1 hour ago, rukio said:

I’m not gonna front, the aggressive anger on this post has made me lose a considerable amount of respect for you Goblinberg. Then again, I, too, am but a dirty pvp goon which... you seem to hate. So my approval won’t matter. 

Lmao, but all right. I've used PVP default and guard default in the past too, when it was needed. Calling PVP default in every rp scenario just because you can't lose is bad and if someone pg just call them out. 

11 hours ago, ninjaclimb1 said:

Yeah, indeed. great villainy rp you gave us, right?  random killing, breaking the rules, forcing pvp and bringing the roleplay into oocly, thanks to you and your villainy. I couldn’t live without it

I’m litteraly one of the players that got sacrificed and you’re talking out of your ass. Their emotes were good, they were chill in LOOC and they had a rp reason to do what they did. Stop being salty, you didn’t even fight

Alright I actually finished reading this entire thread now. First thing’s first; insults do not make your argument better, they make it worse and only serve to escalate a shitstorm. With that said...

Mina’s depiction of what happened – and I’m going to assume that for the most part it’s accurate – would leave me as satisfied as I really could be with the situation. This is coming from someone who LOATHES PvP as it is currently on LotC. Even if Bepis hadn’t stepped up to end the bullshit arguments that were happening and the orcs wound up slaughtering nearly everyone I assume they’d have laid out the same offer regardless. Everything seems like it was justified in that sense. 

It is true that the 10+ rule doesn’t apply like you assumed it does, Mina. But that’s a minor issue which is easily corrected, as someone already mentioned earlier. 

Honestly, it’s been years man. Magic. Plugin. When? Likely not for a long time if ever cause the dev team bailed. **** I’d be happy with mages being able to run a command to give them items like a bow, arrows depending on their magic tier or type of magic. Maybe give them certain enchantments or effects, and armor. Why should we have to buy or make armor for an OOC reason of being prepared for PVP? It’d be super easy. Some magics might have specific stuff, but **** it man. It’d at least make it feel slightly more like mages actually have a shot without having to grind or buy iron or make weapons that they’ll never use ICly. Just a representation of their abilities as a mage. 

And soulbind those items so people can’t just basically dupe arrows n **** lol. Figure out a decent cool down or other system so that you can’t just spam the command and maybe have the items expire after a certain time all together so you can’t stack them. Probably expire after the cool down ends. Which shouldn’t be more than like 30 minutes, except perhaps in times of war. 

Maybe I should just make a separate thread for that idea. 

But Mina, assuming what you said is even mostly correct, that is indeed it, chief. For how PvP is currently, that is it. That’s how you fuckin’ do it. 

As for that other guy who said “logs can be altered”, he was referring to logs which caused a GM to see fit to teleport the “ninja olog” back, which probably means the gm saw the logs themselves by running their gm command or whatever, and agreed it was bullshit. In that case it’s pretty strong evidence. 

Sometimes you have to pvp and sometimes you’ve got to crp, just because I can’t pvp for **** doesn’t mean I’m going to ignore the fact that sometimes crp isn’t feasible.

Holy ****, I see Ninjaclimbs name and there’s four pages. Someone shut this thread down.

This honestly went off rails on page two.