My frustration with PVP default and CRP

TheTri

I really don’t know how to start this because I rarely, rarely post on the forums outside of Roleplay posts and the occasional magic application or staff app, but something’s been bothering me since the day I joined the server and I think I finally found the words to describe it in a way that makes sense.

I don’t understand why people come onto a server that’s designed specifically for people that enjoy roleplaying and go raid a CRP-based city, pick a race for their character (notably humans) that are prone to fighting, then proceed to PVP the moment that they have the opportunity to. They use the excuse that ‘well edgy magic RPers and minmaxers that refuse to die make the RP take too long or impossible to win’ which may be true to some extent, but at the same time who wants to deal with sitting in a city while a group of 5 people run in on horses, MC-ly move right in your face with no emotes whatsoever, and immediately copy-paste in an emote of them trying to restrain your character within one emote or outright kill them, while you are completely defenseless because your character was sitting on a bench and having a conversation with someone. Even groups that go on raids for reasons rooted in roleplay (take orc sacrifices, for example) don’t even want to have a good CRP fight to actually get their sacrifice. You can’t expect somebody to easily throw away their character’s life and go down easy in CRP when you want to immobilize them in one emote and behead them in the next.

Something that somehow makes even less sense is groups that go into cities specifically to pvp. Why the **** are you even on the server in the first place? If you don’t want to enjoy roleplay then, and I can’t speak for others but I know some people feel this way, we don’t want you here. Go on badlion or something. You’ll get just as many, if not more, clicks there. The funny thing about people that fish for PVP is they use the same techniques as above (trying to neutralize/kill your char within the first 3 emotes) but the most hilarious part is that as soon as there are ten people, they will immediately start screeching about how it’s pvp default. Some groups don’t even attack people directly, but constantly instigate conflict until somebody attacks them so that they can call pvp. Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t the attacker have defender default if the group was constantly causing problems? The best part is when the argument inevitably begins and the GM comes. Rather than letting the situation actually be solved, the chat will constantly be flooded with “Status frozen!” or “Ready up guys” or “Can we start timer?” Like ***** let us figure out at the very least if we’re roleplaying or not. The GM’s will often ask questions regarding what they see in the logs, and if the answer happens to favor the raiding party, they will immediately fill the entire chat with the answer that is as biased as possible in their favor. If it favor’s the defending team’s perspective, however, they won’t say a single word.

Now I get that many of you are thinking “Oh, Tri is a dumb Sutican MAGE! haha he must just be a triggered retard that lost his pixels.”

You’re probably right ngl, but at the same time I can’t help but be bothered by this stuff. I understand that you all get annoyed by edgy mages and **** that want to be the main protag, but at the same time there’s no way on Earth it’s bad enough to prompt behavior like yours. Some of you are so committed to pvp that you can’t put together a CRP emote other than *punches [name] in the face.

Nonetheless you CRP’ers aren’t excused either. This is a completely different topic for a completely different time but I have just as many problems, if not more, with people that are poor CRPers. It doesn’t make sense for your character not to get exhausted after 2 hours of CRP, even if you’re not a mage, and not everybody can be the main protag with perfect reaction speed, agility, mobility, and strength. while also being equiped with five different weapons and a bow and arrow.

You’re obviously refering to the orcish party that held a sacrifice on the roof of the sutican tavern. I, personally, had a pleasant experience. We popped no-one, delivered good rp and nobody that actually interacted in combat with us had a bad time. We said we wanted pvp, and that anyone that wanted to pvp us to step forward, and people did. We pvped them, had fun and nobody got mad except the players that went and hid away from rp, arguing with us in #sooc and insulting us by saying we should suck them off, **** off, etc. 

Special thanks to @Nozgoth and @bepis for being cooperative and having a good time for us.

24 minutes ago, Anthony303 said:

Even groups that go on raids for reasons rooted in roleplay (take orc sacrifices, for example) don’t even want to have a good CRP fight to actually get their sacrifice.

Well... That’s direct. And as @MinaGobbler said, we popped no one and most people had a good time except a select few who decided to throw insults oocly and argue. People were free to hide and avoid the RP entirely and they would be fine.

28 minutes ago, Anthony303 said:

They use the excuse that ‘well edgy magic RPers and minmaxers that refuse to die make the RP take too long or impossible to win’ which may be true to some extent, but at the same time who wants to deal with sitting in a city while a group of 5 people run in on horses, MC-ly move right in your face with no emotes whatsoever, and immediately copy-paste in an emote of them trying to restrain your character within one emote or outright kill them, while you are completely defenseless because your character was sitting on a bench and having a conversation with someone. Even groups that go on raids for reasons rooted in roleplay (take orc sacrifices, for example) don’t even want to have a good CRP fight to actually get their sacrifice. You can’t expect somebody to easily throw away their character’s life and go down easy in CRP when you want to immobilize them in one emote and behead them in the next.

If someone does this then you report them in a player report. 

30 minutes ago, Anthony303 said:

Something that somehow makes even less sense is groups that go into cities specifically to pvp. Why the **** are you even on the server in the first place? If you don’t want to enjoy roleplay then, and I can’t speak for others but I know some people feel this way, we don’t want you here.

There are raid cooldowns for a reason. If your city is being plagued by raiders then deal with it in rp by building better defenses or recruiting more guards. This is an rp server. Find a roleplay solution before you jump on the forums to ***** about being raided. If you don’t want to pvp then go on a purely rp server. 

chief it just seems like you’re ranting here, n while i get that, a forum post isnt the best way to let rants like this out

16 minutes ago, MinaGobbler said:

You’re obviously refering to the orcish party that held a sacrifice on the roof of the sutican tavern. I, personally, had a pleasant experience. We popped no-one, delivered good rp and nobody that actually interacted in combat with us had a bad time. We said we wanted pvp, and that anyone that wanted to pvp us to step forward, and people did. We pvped them, had fun and nobody got mad except the players that went and hid away from rp, arguing with us in #sooc and insulting us by saying we should suck them off, **** off, etc. 

Special thanks to @Nozgoth and @bepis for being cooperative and having a good time for us.

Yeah, indeed. great villainy rp you gave us, right?  random killing, breaking the rules, forcing pvp and bringing the roleplay into oocly, powergaming. Thanks to you and your villainy. I couldn’t live without it. and the gm who was there pratically let y’all doing whatever you wanted. (also, let’s say that one of your friends wanted to call pvp default against me, because i glared at him).

if u don't want to deal with something then log out

i do it all the time don't care not gonna sit here doing something i can't be fucked to do on an rp server

Just now, Goblinberg said:

Yeah, indeed. great villainy rp you gave us, right?  random killing, breaking the rules, forcing pvp and bringing the roleplay into oocly, thanks to you and your villainy. I couldn’t live without it

yeah, no. **** off. it wasn’t random killing, it was sacrifices before the war which we couldn’t of made clearer if we tried. we didn’t force pvp at all, we just crp would of took too long in that scenario and would of been boring and uneventful. pvp would of got it over with quickly and we would of continued with the rp afterwards. we held up decent rp standards throughout, and didn’t get too aggressive ooc, despite one of your members starting to become so towards us

3 minutes ago, ninjaclimb1 said:

yeah, no. **** off. it wasn’t random killing, it was sacrifices before the war which we couldn’t of made clearer if we tried. we didn’t force pvp at all, we just crp would of took too long in that scenario and would of been boring and uneventful. pvp would of got it over with quickly and we would of continued with the rp afterwards. we held up decent rp standards throughout, and didn’t get too aggressive ooc, despite one of your members starting to become so towards us

Ok, you have kept people practically half an hour because you didn't want to do combat rp, I was there - I was present, you were just talking oocly and in the end you stopped because Ltbepis submitted to your requests. the rp was bad, nothing is gained with this poor villainy rp or the reason why a person was killed. you have only given problems on problems. also y’all complained about “HUR HUR >COMBAT MAGIC RP” Hur-hur, maybe we’re in ******* fantasy rp server. if you can’t lose a rp, don’t play it all

2 minutes ago, Goblinberg said:

Ok, you have kept people practically half an hour because you didn't want to do combat rp, I was there - I was present, you were just talking oocly and in the end you stopped because Ltbepis submitted to your requests. the rp was bad, nothing is gained with this poor villainy rp or the reason why a person was killed. you have only given problems on problems. also y’all complained about “HUR HUR >COMBAT MAGIC RP” Hur-hur, maybe we’re in ******* fantasy rp server. if you can’t lose a rp, don’t play it all

what’s ur username rq

We broke no rules, we made damn sure of it. I specifically remember my group in discord to not escelate the situation further by entertaining insults, and they did not. We did our best on the villiany rp as we could, and we did our part. Only way it could have been improved would have been if more of the Sutican playerbase entertained it and rped alongside it instead of arguing with us in #sooc. We even allowed people to walk off and put away their items if they wanted, which literally the whole sutican rally did except ltbepis, which entertained our pvp suggestion and had fun.

Either way mate, I went away from sutica with a smile on my face, and I’m sure the people that cooperated with us did aswell. 

5 minutes ago, Goblinberg said:

ok I know know which one u r. ur the prick who I said was getting agressive. don’t act like you were there for most of it, u joined when we’d been debating pvp. the actually good rp had already passed. u were there for less than half u ******* shithouse

5 minutes ago, Goblinberg said:

The issue isn’t losing. It’s about being practical and reducing the amount of time spent resolving a conflict. If people aren’t one emoting killing/capturing then the roleplay is valid. Whether or not it was enjoyable for you is completely up to how you want to take it. Find a roleplay solution to this situation instead of insulting other players in the community. You got raided by orcs. offer them tribute or hire some people to defend your citizens. That simple.