The Lord of The Craft Calendar and Time

E__V__O

The Lord of The Craft Calendar and Time

938205656_CTTwitter.gif.6b76d4097d8d745fd62dc17f03e98fad.gif

Lord of The Craft offers players a calendar in-game that is available to correctly calculate characters years, achievements and progression from Aegis to the current date. The way you’re able to check the current calendar is through the command `/date`.  Performing this command will give you the in-game prompt; 

R2JUxwv.png

The command gives clear information on the day, season and year, the time is focused on converting in-real-life (IRL) time into in-game standards. The full list can is below:

PkLCEIf.png

The calendar which records all the seasons in the in-game year (7 IRL days) is split up for a season each day, making seven seasons. The annual list is below:

wA4Rw0m.png

If you wish to learn about other major realm time periods, below will be a list of the initial start and end dates of all the realms visited.

FA - First Age.

SA - Second Age.

Aegis - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 4th of June, 2011.
    • In-game date: The Grand Harvest, FA 1305.
  • End:
    • IRL date: 19th of October, 2011.
    • In-game date: Snow Maiden, FA 1326.

The Verge - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 22nd of October, 2011.
    • In-game date: The Grand Harvest, FA 1327.
  • End:
    • IRL date: 10th of January, 2012.
    • In-game date: The Deep Cold, FA 1349.

Asulon - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 14th of January, 2012.
    • In-game date: The Grand Harvest, FA 1351.
  • End:
    • IRL date: 13th of December, 2012.
    • In-game date: Malin's Welcome, FA 1414.

Elysium - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 15th of December, 2012.
    • In-game date: The Grand Harvest, FA 1414.
  • End:
    • IRL date: 18th of January, 2013.
    • In-game date: The First Seed, FA 1417.

Kalos - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 25th of January, 2013.
    • In-game date: The First Seed, FA 1417.
  • End:
    • IRL date: 11th of February, 2013.
    • In-game date: Amber Cold, 1419.

Anthos - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 23rd of February, 2013.
    • In-game date: The Grand Harvest, FA 1420.
  • End:
    • IRL date: 6th of March, 2014.
    • In-game date: Malin's Welcome, FA 1454.

The Fringe - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 23rd of March, 2014.
    • In-game date: Sun’s Smile, FA 1454.
  • End:
    • IRL date: 10th of June, 2014.
    • In-game date: The Deep Cold, FA 1463.

Thales - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 13th of June, 2014.
    • In-game date: The Amber Cold, FA 1463.
  • End:
    • IRL date: 24th of August, 2014.
    • In-game date: Malin's Welcome, FA 1469.

Athera - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 31st of August, 2014.
    • In-game date: Sun's Smile, FA 1470.
  • End:
    • IRL date: 28th of June, 2015.
    • In-game date: Sun's Smile, FA 1513.

Vailor - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 28th of June, 2015.
    • In-game date: Sun's Smile, FA 1513.
  • End:
    • IRL date: 31st of July, 2016.
    • In-game date: Sun's Smile, FA 1570.

Axios - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 7th of August, 2016.
    • In-game date: Sun's Smile, FA 1571.
  • End:
    • IRL date: 17th of December, 2017.
    • In-game date: Sun's Smile, FA 1642.

Atlas - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 24th of August, 2017.
    • In-game date: Sun's Smile, FA 1643.
  • End:
    • IRL date: 24th of February, 2019.
    • In-game date: Sun's Smile, FA 1704.

Arcas - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 27th of February, 2019.
    • In-game date: Snow Maiden, FA 1705.
  • End:
    • IRL date: - 27th of November 2020.
    • In-game date: The First Seed, SA 1796.

Almaris - 

• Start: 
    • IRL date: 2nd of December 2020.
    • In-game date: Snow Maiden, SA 0000.
  • End:
    • Current Time.
    • Current Time.

Credit – Information tied to this post with expanded dates can be found on this wiki link.

Other nations and cultures are inclined to follow the calendar system above, they’re not restricted to this however. Notable groups who do use their own calendar system are:

Oren – Imperial Calendar.

Haense – Sigmundic Calendar

Nice Formatting,

Now only to somehow add this feature on the forums, it could really prevent some uncomfortable logging and would improve thread efficiency for sure.  

17 minutes ago, shoahinsnowyfields said:

Aegis ended in 1351 and started sometime before 1300. 

What can I say, this is just based on the wiki page

:megugun:

14 minutes ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

What can I say, this is just based on the wiki page

:megugun:

Whoever wrote the wiki is being dumb in that they're assuming when one map ended is when the next began. Aegis and the Verge coincided almost completely, the latter was just an expansion pack to Aegis and it ended only like a day or two after Aegis did.

Likewise Elysium and Kalos coincided for a while(Kalos started after but Elsyium continued on), and same goes for Anthos and the Fringe for a week or two. 

1 minute ago, shoahinsnowyfields said:

Whoever wrote the wiki is being dumb in that they're assuming when one map ended is when the next began. Aegis and the Verge coincided almost completely, the latter was just an expansion pack to Aegis and it ended only like a day or two after Aegis did.

Likewise Elysium and Kalos coincided for a while(Kalos started after but Elsyium continued on), and same goes for Anthos and the Fringe for a week or two. 

Yeah I get you, i’ve been on the server since September 2011 and remember the transitions for most maps well. I’m just working with what the wiki states atm since the last edits where done by ST / other members of the community which makes me think they’ve changed it for some reason. 

23 minutes ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

Yeah I get you, i’ve been on the server since September 2011 and remember the transitions for most maps well. I’m just working with what the wiki states atm since the last edits where done by ST / other members of the community which makes me think they’ve changed it for some reason. 

Nah it's def just a mistake. They do love to retcon but they can't retcon irl dates lol. I'll go update the wiki page this evening.

Just now, shoahinsnowyfields said:

Nah it's def just a mistake. They do love to retcon but they can't retcon irl dates lol. Pass me on the link and I'll go update the wiki page this evening.

I don’t think if you have an admin account on the wiki to edit it. Add me on discord and we can talk~ Jenny_Bobbs#0001

It must be mentioned that in roleplay, Canonist realms of Imperial heritage generally utilize the revised Imperial calendar:

Additionally, Haense documents utilize their own traditional calendar in unison with the Imperial calendar:

This is something that new players should be informed of, as a dynamic addition to naturally-progressing roleplay. For a community that supposedly takes pride in dynamic roleplay, its staff does a fine job of ignoring these cultural developments (primarily among human playerbases) out of ignorance, incompetence and malice and this must be addressed.

9 minutes ago, LithiumSedai said:

It must be mentioned that in roleplay, Canonist realms of Imperial heritage generally utilize the revised Imperial calendar:

Additionally, Haense documents utilize their own traditional calendar in unison with the Imperial calendar:

This is something that new players should be informed of, as a dynamic addition to naturally-progressing roleplay. For a community that supposedly takes pride in dynamic roleplay, its staff does a fine job of ignoring these cultural developments (primarily among human playerbases) out of ignorance, incompetence and malice and this must be addressed.

Everyone else still uses the non-canonist Calendar. If you feel oppressed because the staff make threads talking about the official server calendar system instead of the calendar system that one of LOTC’s communities made up, feel free to make a new thread talking about OOC dates and their relation to the Imperial calendar system or whatever.

It’s not the staff’s job to enforce cultural developments. That is up to the players themselves.

42 minutes ago, LithiumSedai said:

its staff does a fine job of ignoring these cultural developments

The official calendar is the only one that really matters oocly. Players can create whatever date system they want to use, but they will never be staff enforced. That’s how roleplay works. You are free to make whatever post you would like regarding your culture’s customs on time keeping and date tracking, and we have an entire subforum dedicated to such posts found here. 

1 hour ago, princeliest said:

Ahh if only Aegis had started earlier we wouldn’t be approaching the 1800s rn. Lol

it should be noted that the current ig date has absolutely no reflection on the date of real world’s history, and the two are entirely separate entities with no relation towards each other at all. That’d be like comparing the year Skyrim takes place (4E 201) with 201 AD irl. It’s silly and doesn’t matter. 
Also a more accurate interpretation of humanity’s actual existence would include adding ten thousand years to our traditional calendar, which would make this year 12,019. This isn’t relevant information at all just something i wanted to say. More info found here, interesting watch.

29 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Everyone else still uses the non-canonist Calendar. If you feel oppressed because the staff make threads talking about the official server calendar system instead of the calendar system that one of LOTC’s communities made up, feel free to make a new thread talking about OOC dates and their relation to the Imperial calendar system or whatever.

It’s not the staff’s job to enforce cultural developments. That is up to the players themselves.

1 minute ago, TheAlphaMoist said:

The official calendar is the only one that really matters oocly. Players can create whatever date system they want to use, but they will never be staff enforced. That’s how roleplay works. You are free to make whatever post you would like regarding your culture’s customs on time keeping and date tracking, and we have an entire subforum dedicated to such posts found here. 

My post mentioned no oppression nor insistence on enforcing anything, but nice try. Presumably this post is directed towards newly-joined players – who, as such, need to be informed that established communities on the server can and do use alternative time keeping methods, the Imperial calendar being a notable example. Nowhere did I say that the Community Team must enforce cultures – but they need to make an effort to inform new players about them. This is not a human-specific issue, as @Ankan can attest to – on multiple occasions the Community Team has been witnessed enticing new players to opt for “culture-neutral” communities rather than make an effort to get acquainted with a strongly-established culture. This must stop and a step towards remedying this is acknowledging cultural developments and informing joining players of these possibilities.

But while we’re on the subject of what is and what isn’t roleplay – these “OOC” dates have literally zero basis in roleplay.

4 minutes ago, LithiumSedai said:

Presumably this post is directed towards newly-joined players

3814536b512ed872126ba498bfc6a9e2.png

The post was made for this suggestion, although it can help new-players. The New Player Guide should cover dates/times of cultures, if it doesn’t or isn’t sufficient please direct it to me through forum PM or discord and i’ll put a culture calendar/time section in to discuss when guiding new players to the nation!