FlemishSupremacy

The Calamity of War

THE CALAMITY OF WAR

kQ4QWaM092u_HtI6tcpdPyBFe5KquebzEoQx-NtKuvLNilOt44_T0uv1gyjB6XetuIeKxH9DAOdzRiXK-jIrsNQedY0DYSQ6BX8sF4kC-_gf3bN8O58nylKSWr-UGUvxU7Z3ZJGV

The Ruswick soldiers marauding amongst the Ruberni-Riverlands in pursuit of Orenians.

The war drags on further, men and women are slaughtered by the day - that is the toil of war. It rages on, it ruins the lives of many; yet it is a necessity to root out the Orenian influence that once plagued the continent. Here, we stand, staring against a foe that has lost all their fights and is rapidly losing any influence they once held. All it was waiting for, a march upon their cities.

But, while preparations are underway, it becomes the allies of Oren that become more and more disenfranchised with the Emperor, his leadership and those he associates himself with. An incompetent baffoon sits on the throne of Helena, but not for much longer.

Gathered in an old dusty room that lay unused prior sat a gathering of men, the war had consistently taken place on the roads - but for once, it shall reign within a meeting. 

Flemius, a General of the AIS, sat opposite Swifty Sam as negotiations were under-way. With the Reivers no longer apart of Ruswick en masse, negotiations could commence and so they did, it only took the duration of a short-afternoon before terms were met.

Later that evening, a meeting was to be held in the under-city of Ruswick, where the intents to fight with the AIS were publically decreed.

Keeping that in mind, the following terms were handled between Flemius, representing the AIS, and the Nation of Ruswick.

• The Nation of Ruswick shall receive a payment of 10,000 mina up front, upon the signing of this document.

• The Nation of Ruswick shall join forces alongside the AIS for the duration of the on-going conflict with Oren, upon the siege of New-Reza.

• After the Siege of New-Reza, the Nation of Ruswick shall receive an additional payment of 5000 mina in thanks for their attendance to the siege.

• The Nation of Ruswick shall not be entitled to attack any Orenians on their own volition, unless it is in defence of the AIS.

Signed,

Flemius, on behalf of the AIS

Swifty Sam, on behalf of Ruswick

“I feel bad for the people thinking they’re worth 15k minas, I hope they got something else out of it.” sneezed Amadeus of Haense after cleaning his blade free of the bloodied remains of a Rubernian on the outskirts of Reza

6 minutes ago, seannie said:

“I feel bad for the people thinking they’re worth 15k minas, I hope they got something else out of it.” sneezed Amadeus of Haense after cleaning his blade free of the bloodied remains of a Rubernian on the outskirts of Reza

“I feel bad for Haense trying to offer them 20k mina but Ruswick would rather take 15k than to deal with Reza dogs.” sneezed Davo Azari after cleaning his blade free of the bloodied remains of a Haenseni on the outskirts of Rubern

Godric just cleans his blade after a fine evening of sparring in the depths of his castle, he wonders if there is perhaps some money to be made in the sword cleaning  while telepathically communicating with your enemies business

”It is an interesting initiative undertaken by Flemius and I appreciate that he footed the bill for their.. services. We shall see if his trust in these fellows is well placed”

Edited by Narthok

”But Swifty was just fighting with Haense a Saint’s Day ago...he was once a Haenseman.” Edyth would say, recalling her past interactions with Swifty. ”Though...I suppose the war changes people, and perhaps he’s found fault with them.” Brow furrowed, she’d recall the circumstances after the meeting. ”I hope you can really trust Ruswick...” 

Dietrich, now an old war veteran, cleans his blade out of habit. He says a passive-aggressive, false statement and blurts out a customary put-down against the opposing side. Then he has a drink and goes to bed, not having spoken to anybody actually present and in the knowledge that no-one had heard him. Then, a passing townsperson who happens to share his exact same viewpoint – yet who is somehow also supposed to be neutral or unbiased in some way – echoes his sentiments.

“I should of put money on when the Ruswick clowns joined the other clowns.. Oh well I am certain I can make money on how long it will be until Morsgrad attacks Ruswick after the war.” the man would shrug as he continued to drink away the pain of dealing with goons.

Pervinca Driftwood the halfling realizes that she possesses enough monk-minas to buy an entire bandit group.

”If onleh ge’’in’ monk bread nay came wi’ such power as ah side effec’...”

13 minutes ago, Bisscy said:

“I should of put money on when the Ruswick clowns joined the other clowns.. Oh well I am certain I can make money on how long it will be until Morsgrad attacks Ruswick after the war.” the man would shrug as he continued to drink away the pain of dealing with goons.

Godric rubs his hands together as he plans to attack literally every single one of his allies simultaneously as soon as the war ends. 

16 minutes ago, rukio said:

”But Swifty was just fighting with Haense a Saint’s Day ago...he was once a Haenseman.” Edyth would say, recalling her past interactions with Swifty. ”Though...I suppose the war changes people, and perhaps he’s found fault with them.” Brow furrowed, she’d recall the circumstances after the meeting. ”I hope you can really trust Ruswick...” 

”You seem to have the same trouble little sister, abandoning your faith and family, switching sides several times a year. One could say you were ‘once a Ruric’ in the same fashion” He’d state shaking his head at this ”So aye war surely does change folk, it causes folk to betray their family and God for no reason after being given several chances”

Edited by Narthok

29 minutes ago, seannie said:

Augustus wonders if he was using Aristoisism to kill the Rubernian. 

7 minutes ago, Narthok said:

Godric rubs his hands together as he plans to attack literally every single one of his allies simultaneously as soon as the war ends. 

Dixie Turpin, a random dark elf appreciates these sentiments, as he laughs on his own while cleaning his blade. A passerby seems to look at him weirdly, since the dark elf laughed randomly while cleaning a blade. 

Janus would sigh heavily, frustrated with the new developments. “I have cast my lot with Ruswick and so shall I pay. But I suppose the city must do what it has to if survival is at stake.”

23 minutes ago, Narthok said:

”You seem to have the same trouble little sister, abandoning your faith and family, switching sides several times a year. One could say you were ‘once a Ruric’ in the same fashion” He’d state shaking his head at this ”So aye war surely does change folk, it causes folk to betray their family and God for no reason after being given several chances”

Edyth would appear visibly confused, having not swapped sides since her capture and return to Morsgrad. ”Have you seen my sword held against you in a battlefield? Have you heard me speak ill of you and my other siblings? Then again, you’ve probably been listening to Solvi, who seems to have quarrel with me after I insulted her for burning her hands every time she’s upset like an angsty youth, who also believes me to swap sides as often as the wind blows, purely because I asked why she would abandon family and faith for Tyr.” She would shake her head at her brother. “And how dare you question my loyalty to the faith. It wasn’t me who married a Canonist. And it’s not my daughter who roams the southern roads because her father is absent.” She huffs, struggling to breathe, clearly angry. 

Edited by rukio

1 minute ago, rukio said:

Edyth would appear visibly confused, having not swapped sides since her capture and return to Morsgrad. ”Have you seen my sword held against you in a battlefield? Have you heard me speak ill of you and my other siblings? Then again, you’ve probably been listening to Solvi, who seems to have quarrel with me after I insulted her for burning her hands every time she’s upset like an angsty youth, who also believes me to swap sides as often as the wind blows, purely because I asked why she would abandon family and faith for Tyr.” She would shake her head at her brother. “And how dare you question my loyalty to the faith. It wasn’t me who married a Canonist. And it’s not my daughter who roams the southern roads because her father is absent.” She huffs, struggling to breathe, clearly angry. 

“It was not I who abandoned the family in its darkest hour. You return, you quarrel, you do not beg forgiveness and make penitence for your betrayal. First faith, then family. Perhaps your time in the south has changed you more than you know”

4 minutes ago, Narthok said:

“It was not I who abandoned the family in its darkest hour. You return, you quarrel, you do not beg forgiveness and make penitence for your betrayal. First faith, then family. Perhaps your time in the south has changed you more than you know”

”Aye, forgive me if your men attempting to burn down the barn Thora and I were in left a bitter taste in my mouth while I had no memory of who I was. Forgive me if you believe myself killing the man who rallied Reivers to coup our father is betrayal. Forgive me if being called a monster by your own wife and watching my niece be told to run so I wouldn’t ‘kill’ her, purely because I looked at her and offered her a baked good, made me feel unsafe and hated within the walls where I grew up. Forgive me if everyone, my own mother included, has always had an unsubstantiated fear of me being a ruthless killer, even as a young child. You claim I abandon faith and family, but tell me one time I have held a sword against anyone except to defend someone weaker than myself. In fact, tell me of any time I have held a sword since I was captured by Flemius and Augustus. Prove to me one time I have abandoned the faith of our father and his father. I will not claim that my time in the south hasn’t changed me, but you bring baseless accusations of betrayal to my faith and family against me with no truth or evidence to prove them, then simply brush it away as my time in the south changing me. And...as you, yourself, said, we do not kneel. I have asked my forgiveness, I have made my offerings to my paragon.”