[✗] [Alchemy] Gael's Curse

Sorcerio

Gael’s Curse

“Some people are simply and utterly foolish, utterly lacking foresight and hold no responsibility for their actions! It makes me wonder how descendant kind even thrives at all! Of course, as my intellect permits me, I have come up with another solution to one of the world’s most prevalent problems. People simply don’t want the responsibility of children. And that’s fine, I don’t like children that much either.”

“Anyway, in order to allow others to partake in their… more lustful activities, I have taken it upon myself to develop a solution which disallows the conception of a child for a short amount of time after consumption. While it’s effects are not perfect, it does have a much higher rate of success than any simple herb those apothecaries can scramble around for.”

- From the notes of Jessira Duialine

Overview

The effects of Gael’s Curse yields temporary infertility in a woman for a brief amount of time after they have consumed it. While the results are not always guaranteed, it has a much higher rate of success than most other herbs and solutions. If taken in excess, however, the woman will likely become permanently infertile.

Effects 

Upon ingestion, a woman has a high chance of becoming temporarily infertile, disallowing the woman’s possibility of conceiving a child after intercourse. While there is a small change that it can fail, it’s better than nothing. 

Mechanics

Spoiler

When ingested by a woman, Gael’s Curse will greatly boosts a woman’s chance of not conceiving a child. However, it is not guaranteed that a woman will remain completely infertile. After one FTB the drink, they must roll to ensure that it the curse actually worked. 

• 8 > No Conception
  • 4 > Roll Again
  • 4 < Concieve 

If used more multiple times within a short period of time, then the user becomes permanently infertile. While this is up to player discretion, do be reasonable. 

Redlines and Guidelines:

• Must be drank before intercourse, not after.
  • Outcome (rolling) must be determined after intercourse, not before.

Preparation

Like any alchemical concoction, Gael’s Curse requires a certain method of creation and the necessary ingredients in order to be made into what they are. The process and materials for such are listed below.

Ingredients

Spoiler
  • Ingredients
  • Water
  • Black Suns Spinster x1
  • Impediment x2

Process

Spoiler
  1. Crush the Black Suns Spinster into little bits and shreds.
  2. Add the shreds of Spinster and the two Impediment symbols together.
  3. Mix the Water and the prior made mixture together, which will turn the liquid a dark blue, then let the solution boil once its mixed.

Preparation Mechanics

Spoiler

Each step requires 1-2 emotes, though the boiling of the mixture may take several OOC minutes. It is possible to make this in combat assuming you have all the necessary materials on hand, though there’s little point.

Distribution Mechanics

Spoiler

If made correctly, Gael’s Curse will always take the form of a dark blue liquid, nearly black as night. In order for the effects to be present, a woman must drink the concoction at most one OOC hour before they FTB. 

Redlines and Guidelines:

• Must be drank one OOC hour before the woman FTBs.

OOC Explanation

People asked me to do lore for an Infertility Potion and so I did, because I was bored and people really need their roleplay contraceptives. Hope you enjoy!

Spoiler

Credit for this Lore

Pundimonium - Author

I never understood this infertility bs from an ooc standpoint. It pushes for a pure sexual mentality without the essential family-building aspect of it — why not just roleplay the unpleasant consequences? An unwanted child is had and you could instead just abort it, leave in the gutters and put up a sign. Have some guilt and wives-tale inspired fear of it. That contributes towards RP, not this miserable sex land in which children aren’t conceived like it’s 2019 or something.

Who even rolls for this? I know a few do but most people just pop out kids when they want to and never or at least rarely when it's inconvenient. 

doesn’t a plant that does this exact thing already exist? or has it been removed due to lore team machinations beyond my comprehension

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Black_Sun's_Spinster

(and it also reads like it was written by an alien who reproduces by budding)

either way what is up with “infertility potions,” are people roleplaying casual sex now? and do you guys realize you can just choose to not have your character get pregnant

7 minutes ago, YPJgamer1999 said:

doesn’t a plant that does this exact thing already exist? or has it been removed due to lore team machinations beyond my comprehension

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Black_Sun's_Spinster

(and it also reads like it was written by an alien who reproduces by budding)

either way what is up with “infertility potions,” are people roleplaying casual sex now? and do you guys realize you can just choose to not have your character get pregnant

The chance for permanent infertility is pretty scary but it's not enforced in the lore in a concrete way so this basically means that casual sex is all this will be used for. 

This is exactly what we don't need on the server lol

this is just proof to just how sad and miserable many people here have become

Gotta remember to take my Gael’s Curse every morning, don’t wanna be a babymomma!

On 12/4/2019 at 7:24 AM, Jentos said:

Perfect opportunity to make money from.

On 12/4/2019 at 7:24 AM, Jentos said:

people here are capable of constructing a fantasy world unbounded by anything other than their imagination and choose to beg the lore man for a fictional birth control pill

1 hour ago, YPJgamer1999 said:

people here are capable of constructing a fantasy world unbounded by anything other than their imagination and choose to beg the lore man for a fictional birth control pill

You are right. We had A.I.s and Floating Magic Cities. Why not have birth control potions?

Thank you for submitting your piece! Your piece is now under review and a reply will be given once a verdict has been reached.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.