A Knight's Pledge to the People

Burnsider

A KNIGHT’S PLEDGE

TO THE PEOPLE OF HAENSE

Gyr3CSRlN8YrRMMJszmoXnUJ3Kj4lSALqUJMMktSFBLhcqmXbN7n0c0HJvtVmlWbZO1HmgCAhiPXA5_-POX6gLnt--NWYWLOKn4NS5jlW_VZMm7E290kOcqjz2Mn4iXwoO34Jf_G

Prevja, gentlemen and ladies of Hanseti-Ruska. My name is Nicolas Barclay, and I am running for the position of Alderman in the 354 ES General Elections. Although I am joined in this important race with only two other candidates, ensuring that all of us will be elected in a few Saint’s Days, I felt it important still to put out a campaign letter addressing who I am and what I hope to provide to the people of this great kingdom when I take office.

I am not a complicated man. I love my family. I love my kingdom. I love my GOD. These things will tell you more about me than any other words I write here today.

I love my family. The Barclays started here as simple fishermen, but they were dedicated to the Haense core creeds. My family has taught me the joys and wonders of what it is to be a Haenseman and to take pride in my Northern roots. They have also taught me to never forget where I came from. My great-great grandfather was a simple fisherman. My grandmother, before she married into the Barclays, was a scullery maid.  I promise you that, like the other members of my family that have served in this august chamber before me, I will remember where my family came from, and fight for the dignity and worth of the common man in this kingdom.

I love my kingdom. From the moment that I can first remember, I have been brought up in the traditions of Biharism and the Jeremic Liberties. Perhaps most of all, I have dedicated my life to the phrase, “To each freeman is his own life, to take it is to be a thief.” As a young man, I took part in the Laudov Welderz, which taught me the importance of perseverance and self-reliance. I promise you that my love of my kingdom will always be in my mind as I introduce bills in the Royal Duma and vote on the same, and that I will keep Haense strong.

I love my GOD. I knew, as I was becoming a man, that the Church and GOD were the most important things in my life, or anyone’s life. In my teenage years, I accompanied my cousin to recover the bones of Saint Tylos, that they be brought to Almaris. As a young adult, I dedicated myself to protecting the Church from all hostile forces, mundane and supernatural, and I joined the Order of All-Saints. Since that time, my piety and dedication have been noticed, and I was granted the position of Knight Prior and Quartermaster of that Order. I promise you that I will use my position as Alderman to further strengthen the already rock-solid bonds between Haense and the Church, and I promise you that I will pray over every bill before I vote on it.

I want to thank you for your votes for me as Alderman in a few Saint’s Days time. Although I will take the position regardless of votes, I hope to have your support in the election and I promise that I will, in turn, support you and listen to your concerns, and to be your voice in the Royal Duma.

May GOD go with you all,

Holy Sir Nicolas Barclay,

Knight Prior and Quartermaster

in the Palatine Guard Order of All-Saints

Osvald Anton smiles proudly at his grandson's publication, remembering his days of campaigning for the Duma in his youth. He took a deep sigh, knowing that his child, and his grandchild continued his legacy in keeping a stalwart legislative push in the Kingdom.

“Too long.” Complained newly ‘elected’ Royal Alderman, Sergey.