PRIMA EPISTOLA PASTORALIS PROVIDENTIAM

Gnomemancy

Btcu1V-yJpCXcOXIZixBXoSUAQhoL1RYh0e-UDTwjWov92OqBNOBvVxCT0q13eZcMHKugf92UDZ2HCehH3u9bSqmim4zedWuSJWX1cVQAzFGxOX8DIO0zOzEagW3m8Zjh5qXYstE

PRIMA EPISTOLA PASTORALIS PROVIDENTIAM
FIRST PASTORAL LETTER OF PROVIDENCE
1st of Harren's Folly, 11 NE

HIS BEATITUDE BRAM  CARDINAL PROVIDENTIA, Metropolitan of Providence

xZNY1t92XTaKNxkRqCaDCXp7hYJXZRqL8T8LJv4LUYxyldlQ4GlxIfX0X-6J6tVLf32aCIjkm5Ri3IVR4hn6hw1l45NZba77NWrCnhK8fT00VhzH0SdNSi9_RERmO2LEMSJo3qf_

INDEX

SECTION I - A LONG DUE GREETING
SECTION II - THE ELEVATION OF PASTORS
SECTION III - A SACRED MISSION
SECTION IV - A JUBILANT AFFAIR

xZNY1t92XTaKNxkRqCaDCXp7hYJXZRqL8T8LJv4LUYxyldlQ4GlxIfX0X-6J6tVLf32aCIjkm5Ri3IVR4hn6hw1l45NZba77NWrCnhK8fT00VhzH0SdNSi9_RERmO2LEMSJo3qf_

SECTION I -  A LONG DUE GREETING

May these Apostolic Blessings rain down upon the GOD-preserved land of Providence and those who therein dwell: DEUS MAGNUS.

I now address, in my first written pastoral greeting, my sons and daughters within the Metropolitanate of Providence. I am reminded in this letter that the rumors are true, the sun never does set in Providence- for when it does, it goes unnoticed. Truly it is a blessing to live in a city where the days and nights mold themselves into nothing short of an era of jubilance and happenings galore. However, for this old soul at least, the seemingly never-ending affairs of state and cloth alike prolonged the promulgation of this address. Late or early, in the morning or the evening, rain or shine I would now like to reiterate my most sincere blessings on all who happen upon this missive. 

To those who I serve now in the Metropolitanate: I am His Beatitude, Metropolitan Bram Cardinal Calistovich, Archbishop of Providentia. However, I wish to make it known from here on out that these formal styles fit me rather poorly. I would invite all those within our jurisdiction to address me as they would any other cleric be it Father or by my own name, Bram. It is my intention to serve you all without the magnitude of my office as a hindrance to the connection that I have with each and every one of you for we are not so dissimilar. 

Contrary to the days of yore it is quite possible that there are many who exist within the modern city of Providence who are better dressed then this old Cardinal, have more coins, or a more bedazzled cane with which they stride.  Be that has it may, I hope and have been well-pleased to note that my age seems to be that which distinguishes me most from my flock. I am an old Priest. Good! My hairs speak to my experience then. I have served Holy Mother Church for some Sixty-two years now. Multiple Saints years. In my time I have been an Acolyte, a Vicar, a Parish Priest, a Monk, an Abbot, a Bishop, an Archbishop, a Cardinal, and now a Metropolitan. I was born Seventy-five years back in a grand place known affectionately as Old Reza. I began my ministry in New Reza at the ripe age of 13. Over the years, true to GOD’s good will, I have served many souls. I  have written at length about the reality of GOD’s work and exactly how we might aid Him by working with the grain. I have lectured and I have listened to Paupers and Princes, to Kings and Kooks (a fitting name for a new book?). I desire more so than anything to hear now from you, those who I serve from my high office in the white marble tower overlooking our city. 

Inaccessibility is a trait that I am sure would keep me out of trouble but, unfortunately to some of my more pompous peers, is a virtue that I am lacking in. So, without further supplication, I invite all those within our beloved city to pay me a visit or to look out for the red-robed gentleman frequenting the taverns, picking up a few well-filled mugs of Carrion Black. 

May the Blessings of our Father who dwells above us in perfect majesty make haste to fill you with an abundance of joy and resound within you a spirit of repentance. 

Your Servant,

Bram ☨

SECTION II -  THE ELEVATION OF PASTORS

So far, in my short “stint” as Metropolitan, I have had the pleasure of raising up several distinguished, virtuous men and one most-pious woman to the ordained and consecrated life, respectively.  Below I have attached the method by which they can be contacted. I invite the Faithful to do so or to use this as a formal roster pertaining to those who I have ordained or empowered since my elevation.

The Right Reverend, Basil Moroul - Dean of the Cathedral @Basil Moroul

The Reverend Abbess, Sister Liserli - Abbess of the Wigbrechtian Order

The Reverend Hieromonk, Vladirck @GhostSHTR

The Reverend Father, Varon Draskovic  @6xdestroyer

The Reverend Father, Tobias Sarkozic @Qizu

The Reverend Deacon, Casper Jahan @Viggen92

The Reverend Deacon, Archimedes DeFont

SECTION III -  A SACRED MISSION

As one of the most well-written authors on topics pertaining to theology in our age (regrettable that I be among this list and not you, dear reader) I hereby announce the mission of the Metropolitanate to promote and provide texts of the Church to the Faithful. 

In the coming Saints days and weeks it is our mission to formally categorize and develop an order to the vast library of tomes the Metropolitanate has inherited. In due time these works will be on display for those Faithful drawn near to read and be blessed by the scholarship of our brethren among the clergy. 

Furthermore, I announce to you all that the establishment of reliquaries throughout the sacred space of the Cathedral is underway. Once this sacred task is complete, it is the mission of the Church in Providence to form several shrines outside of the confines of our Cathedral walls. Therein relics of our beloved who have passed away from this plane and into the Seven Skies shall be honored for all to see as they toil and labor for the growth and prosperity of our land. 

SECTION IV -  A JUBILANT AFFAIR

I have reserved the last few verses of this address to the many for one affair of great importance. First, I wish to communicate my sincere gratitude and thanksgiving at the opportunity to first greet all of my beloved sons and daughters during the last audience with His Imperial Majesty, Joseph II. Delivering a short message and blessing before you all thanks to the benevolence of His Imperial Majesty was an honor. 

At the close of this Saint’s Week the Metropolitanate will be hosting a Mass of Alms, the first of its kind within the city. Therein, all in attendance will be commemorated during the liturgy and will be given monetary compensation as well as treasures of the spirit in the form of blessed water and books to take to their homes. It is our sincere prayer that all in the city will attend to receive the gifts which the Church desires to deliver to her sons and daughters. More to follow.

blcGy_5D_j4Sigxk9FClpoMW3NXNzQCofaIU-qsy4ZUuGLFpBDusZXPuvdk-1MeLIDkRAZlEvwy1de8_9pGGFok832QLWBmsi5cBtQegsGdgFw_TgKTOSXt2K_MPLJbJ0vmSvt1b

MISERICORDES SICUT PATER

MERCIFUL LIKE THE FATHER