✩ Rising Stars of Providence ✩ WINNERS!

Urahra

STRdeSM.png

HUiJUfL.png

From the Desk of

tRQG9yc.png

HUiJUfL.png

Dearest Theater-Lovers of Oren -

One Saint's Week ago, I published the submissions for our Rising Stars of Providence Contest. You cast your votes and chose the drama which you felt most deserved the 100-mina grand prize. A carefully-selected panel of three judges then reviewed the submissions for themselves and compiled their own choices for the winner. After assessing everyone's favored submissions, we chose the ultimate winners. 

Before I publish the winners of the contest, however, I have some disappointing news - 

Overwhelmingly, the people chose the three-act play ANGUSTIA as their preferred play. All three of our judges also favored Angustia. Without a doubt, it is a beautifully and sensitively written drama - and it would have won if not for one particular incident that occurred during the judging period. 

The author of the play, who shall not be named to protect his privacy, behaved in an abominable way toward two of the judges on our panel. We will not go into the details of the incident, as it would be in poor taste to publish gossip. However, we at La Fleur Production company cannot, in good conscience, financially support such behavior.

So it is with great regret that I must announce we were forced to disqualify Angustia. 

Without further ado, we would like to present the winners of the Rising Stars of Providence playwriting contest. 

Audience Choice:
Angustia
Nocturne to a Wild Flower
The Kiss of the Stars

Judge #1's Choice:
The Curious Case of Mrs. Klept
Celestiality and Sin

Judge #2's Choice:
A Nocturne to a Wild Flower
Angustia

Judge #3's Choice:
The Kiss of the Stars

WINNERS:

by
Kaia Faust
PRIZE: 100 minas

@RaindropsKeepFalling

by
Henry Penton
PRIZE: 75 minas

@CharmingCavalier

The Kiss of the Stars
by
Olaurae Divadri
PRIZE: 50 minas

@TheBigBubbles

Winners, please contact Dame Yuliya Styrne to receive your prize money and for further details on the staging of your shows! And a hearty thank-you to all who participated by writing and voting!