A Denunciation of the Orenian Gossipers

MikoMonster

Anne Caroline woke up to a lot of 'fanmail' the following morning. "What the bloody hell happened?" she asked her lady in waiting groggily as she sorted through the mess of letters and missives, both in support of her or to spite her.

A few hours later, Anne sat coddled up with a cup of hot tea, her reading glasses, pen and paper, which she used to write a
private and quite simple, yet telling reply;

To Her Highness, Anne Eleanore Pruvia

There are few things that are left to be said between the two of us.
The only interaction I have had with you  somewhat recently were when you accusing me of adultery and hoping that your father leaves me.
I am sorry that you think me to be a viper and I am certain that I could have been a better mother to you. A lot of things I said to you were said in a heated argument - I am sure you recall such.

I am aware that I was not who you deserved in your life - but I bid of you to try to put yourself into my shoes for once:

You are a young girl - a princess of Oren - yet you are not well-liked. You are somewhat chubby and wear big glasses on your crooked nose. Your mother is bound to her chambers, your father is out to do his Holy Duty and most of your siblings are off to boarding school. The courts riddicule you every chance you get - but there is one young suitor who seems to be kind to you. There is neither love nor attraction - just him being kind to you. A few years later, at the age of only 18 summers, you find yourself standing at the altar.

At first, everything seems alright, though soon after you've had your three children, everything starts to fall apart. You feel trapped, entangled. You feel no love for the man you have married - you never have. You were fond of his kindness, but such vanished as the years went on.
You love your children, but you cannot go on like this. With a heavy heart, you do what you've always wanted to do.

You flee. You take a trip around the continent in your boat. Of course you are sad for your children, whom you could not take with you. You think of them and write in your diary about them, wondering what they look like now. And when you return, you only see two of those children greet you - not your youngest.

You know then and there that you have been estranged to your youngest, the child you held dearest to your heart.

Eleanore, I wish I could have been a better mother to you, and I wish I could have aided you and guided you. I must admit, I have failed you and I am truly sorry for this.

I know you are unwilling to speak to me - and perhaps this will be the last time we shall hear of one another, for better or for worse.
I must however plead with you that you take this to your heart and that you try to rid yourself of corruption of any kind. You are a young girl and it is not too late to change your ways and to find the light of GOD engulfing you once more. Despite not knowing where your path will lead you, I hope you find happiness in your new life.

Signed,
your mother, Anne

Spoiler

no metagaming pls - the letter was private

1 hour ago, Fie said:

Anne Caroline woke up to a lot of 'fanmail' the following morning. "What the bloody hell happened?" she asked her lady in waiting groggily as she sorted through the mess of letters and missives, both in support of her or to spite her.

A few hours later, Anne sat coddled up with a cup of hot tea, her reading glasses, pen and paper, which she used to write a
private and quite simple, yet telling reply.

Eleanore received the letter as she sat in her room, left at a loss for words as she stared blankly at the page. Something in the letter had struck a cord in the young woman's heart. Slowly, she set the parchment aside and buried her face in her hands to ponder the first correspondence she had received from her mother in nearly a decade.

Otto August stood on the other side of a door, a door separating himself from Anne Eleanore who was locked within the confines of her room weeping over something unbeknownst to him- the only thing he did know of was a recently delivered letter to her. He decided to give it time and went out for a walk alone. 

Leander snickered at his cousin- Leon's comment. He then yelled "What a filthy foul snake.." as he continued running around and doing nothing useful whatsoever.

2 hours ago, PrincessSnowie said:

Savoyan boy

“It’s Savoyard.” Guenda thought to herself in her head, praying that the Women of Oren could learn the proper plural for those of Savoy.