ABA Results (Finals - Week 6 - Season 1)

CharmingCavalier

xNDEGCg.png

THE ALMARIS BUCKETBALL ASSOCIATION

3C2808C.png

GAME RESULTS

Finals - Week 6

Season 1

xNDEGCg.png

A BATTLE FOR BUCKETBALL!

(THIS WEEK'S ANTHEM)

Where we left off last week, the season's final game had just ended, but there was no time for celebration by the victors or sorrow for the loser. These two championship teams were swiftly confronted by an undead team, including liches and other abominations. They sought to challenge the Dunes and the Saints for the game of bucketball itself. Our spectators, officials, and commentators were trapped behind towering walls of flames shooting from the either, obscuring their view and any aid they might have given. Without coaches or referees, the so-called Saintly Dunes will have to come together to save us all or risk the championship and its trophy sinking back underground with the spooks of Almaris!

(ABA OPENING POST LINKED HERE)

xNDEGCg.png

QsFsTNb.png

Heith-Hedran Hoopsters - Almarisian Saintly Dunes

As Hakim approached the tip-off line, he looked to the lady with the pink hair, confused by what was about to happen. He asked, "were you the pink-haired lady everyone has been warning about?" She smirked and, without a notice, chucked the ball high into the air, a lich making a ghastly noise as he levitated off the ground to grasp the ball and shoot the ball straight into the bucket; three points for the undead.

For decrypt beings, they moved with such finesse, much to the surprise of the Saintly Dunes. The one lich with a tarnished crown swiftly intercepted pass after pass to Herakles from Zaina Al-Hamad and Istvan. Even when Istvan got close to scoring with a layup, dribbling around the skeleton-lord in a white cloak, the pink-haired lady muttered words that instantly sealed the bucket. As the ball slowly rolled to the side and off the court, the players looked at one another with exhaustion on their faces. What could be done against such blatant rule-breaking?!

As half-time came, the score was ten to fifty-nine, in favor of the undead who had told them their name was the Hoopsters. Herakles and Hakim looked to their teams and sighed. It all seemed to be futile against such magically-abusive players. As they walked to the tip-off line, expecting another half as the one they had just played, a woosh could be heard from the side of the court. In a breach of the fire walls stood the Saint's Cheer Captain, Selvia de Orsella, a cannon smoking under her. And from that hole stepped the other teams of the ABA, their colorful uniforms accompanied by weapons of all sorts and sizes.

The Lady of Pink hissed at them, "this isn't fair?! What are you doing?! This is our game to win?!"

Herakles grabbed the ball from her and said, "no, this is our game!" And with that, the most recognizable ABA players charged forth, using weapons to counter the magical abilities with sheer force. Grigory Grubb was seen using a club to bash the knees of the grotesque skin monster, while Lanqui used his height to crash a gigantic war hammer into the head of the pink-haired lady. Gulmon and Gib passed the ball through the legs of a lich, knocking their skeletal remains to the ground with a boney clatter as they hung to the bucket over top of him. Lulubelle Starbreaker was seen on the back of Rakothurz swinging morning stars and even managing to catch the pink-haired lady in the face.

When the dust settled, the liches and undead were seen crawling back into the hole from whence they had emerged. The pink-haired lady shouted back at the victorious ballers, "this won't be the last time you hear from us! We'll be back and claim your idiotic championship next season!!!"

The ballers looked between themselves and nodded, the crowd erupting into a deafening screech as the fire cleared the way to an all-star cast of the ABA. From the sidelines ran the coaches of both teams, who shook hands. And finally, a monk delivered the championship trophy into the hands of Hakim 'the Brickwall' of the Dunes. He hoisted it high, surrounded by his fellow ballers.

VICTORY OVER THE ANTI-BALLING UNDEAD!
VICTORY FOR BUCKETBALL!

xNDEGCg.png

CONGRATULATION TO
THE CHAMPIONS OF THE FIRST SEASON

OF
THE ALMARIS BUCKETBALL ASSOCIATION

5lpBvNu.png

Spoiler

3JSk8Rd.png

QnGgNq8.png

xNDEGCg.png

NEWS ON SEASON 2

Spoiler

So this is all OOC:

First I wanted to give a huge thank you to whoever helped with the ABA this season, in even the smallest of ways. It has been a lot of work for me to do on my own, and I need a break, but I will hopefully return for season 2 at a later time to bring you all the excitement of your favorite teams/players once again.

While I don't have a timeframe for this to happen I would like at least a month to recuperate from the extensive amount of work that goes into each ABA post. From the photoshopping, to the simming, to the writing of a description for each game. It's been stressful but I didn't want to stop this project since I know some of you enjoy it a lot.

For season 2 some things will be updated, including the addition of new teams. Those teams will be picked by you, the reader, in another post that will come closer to when we will relaunch. Here are just some of the teams you can expect to see next season:

8rgfJqO.pngQsFsTNb.pngjsQYUaV.png

Likewise, a draft and free agency period/thread will also be hosted once we get down to the a closer date to season 2.

For now, I just want you all to pat yourself on the back. We brought each other closer together, caring about something. That is pretty rare on LOTC, if you ask me.

But enough of that, I will leave you with a simple phrase, one which will define us long after I am done with this:

Ball of Ballers!

- Charming

xNDEGCg.png

BUCKETBALL HAS BEEN SAVED... UNTIL NEXT SEASON?!?!
Also, check out our discord below! You'll need it to prepare yourself and your team for season two!

https://discord.gg/UbdSZNrTFT

xNDEGCg.png

hedgehogs are invincible

fr tho charming, tysm for running this, this is ******* awesome

Coach Pyrin clapped at the victory of the teams before exiting the court to prepare for next seasons game.