A Challenge

Phersades

A CHALLENGE

To Komit Vladrik Otto Kortrevich

PidJWVrjIpPWan54LHQwK_t_sEM8xMttg102946-Y7Fd8_H0rIJs_cZ03Oo8flCqJpHq_LyysR7wsb4bCcO_gwEZ445AtV_Mh946Kt3c8UL2WjvjW8XlUJrdQ1_9tm0lnkoH2PTQ

With Duty, Comes Honor

The death of my father left all of House Kortrevich struck with grief, and the faith of the family uncertain. It was clear that after the regency of the widowed Countess, my brother Vladrik would take the position of Patriarch. He was given little time to prepare for this position, but even after over a decade of rule he has run House Kortrevich into the ground. Whatever the reason for my brothers absence is his own, and I feel for him whatever his situation may be but the matter at hand is the state of House Kortrevich and the future of our bloodline, our county, and the dignity we hold as a family. Over the last said decade, me and my sisters have been given no direction, no guidance, and he has represented our family seldom, leaving that solely in the hands of my sisters and I, as well as his wife, the komitas Lady Margot Kortrevich; A woman who finds titles to be something to throw around in the faces of others when she does not get her way.

Regardless, Vladrik’s absence from his duties as the patriarch of House Kortrevich has been detrimental to our growth. On top of this, His lack of commitment to the Brotherhood of Saint Karl, especially during times of conflict, is only harming the reputation of House Kortrevich. I love my brother dearly, I do not wish for this message to come off the wrong way, but I, as well as many others can agree that the strength of our noble houses is important as we look towards the future of the  kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska and deal with the war raging outside of our walls. The history of House Kortrevich is one that is deeply woven and intertwined with that of our precious kingdom. It is only right that as the children of the late Komit Jan begin to enter their twenties that they not only have someone to look to for strength and confidence, but have an attentive leader, brother, and patriarch all together. My focus is the future of my family and the legacy that we continue to leave behind, and that should start now, not when it is convenient for others. 

To Vladrik Otto Kortrevich, I challenge you to a duel over the position of Patriarch of House Kortrevich. Should you fail to accept this challenge, then Karosgrad will know of your cowardice. Should you accept this duel and lose, I will become the new Patriarch of House Kortrevich. Should I lose, you may banish me from the family and all its holdings if that is what you so please. A time, location, and any extra details shall be discussed at your earliest convenience. 

Signed,
His Lordship, Nikolai Mikhail Kortrevich

Spoiler

OOC: I just want to say thank you to @Luminaire for helping with writing the post. We still love him!

Sat in the newly decorated nursery attached to her room, Margot Kortrevich would roll her eyes as her ladies maid read out the letter to her. “The same boy who has ye’ t’ contribute t’ his house and insults his superiors withou’ accepting’ any form o’ consequence.” The Countess clicked her tongue, an amused smirk on her lips as she looked toward the maid. “Thank godan Vladrik did nie inheri’ the emotional immaturity some of his other siblin’s did. Crybaby’s, the lo’ o’ em.” 

“I’m glad we never had the likes of this yammering excuse of a man amongst our kin when we were alive.” reflected Ser Nikolaus Kortrevich to the founder of the once prominent military house. @Quinn275

Edited by Zanthuz

A simple letter was sent in private to Lord Nikolai Kortrevich, and upon it it bore the bear of Baruch. @Phersades

"To Nikolai Mikhail of the House of Kortrevich,

Do not fret, I write not to you in any official capacity. I would rather that you see this letter as a letter of advice from a friend, for such is my intention with it. As you know, our ancient nobility stretches back centuries, your house, the House of Kortrevich, has been amongst our nobility since the year 260 E.S., and has always been a close friend of my own family. Such is why I write to you, we are inherent friends.

There have always been certain duties for our ancient nobility, you point some out yourself. We must always fight for the sake of the realm, such is true, but yet even for the sake of such we must never neglect to maintain ourselves within the realm, too. I admire your bravery and ambition in challenging your brother, but I find your challenge to be misguided. It has always been the duty of the first born to rule, such was the case of your brother, Vladrik. Your duty as the fifth child is not to seek out and challenge your brother, it is to support him and your family when it needs you the most. This is a matter in which you must exude patience for the better of your House and the Realm. I know you already seek to aid the House as much as you can, through the BSK and the Royal Duma, but you must not act rashly upon a matter such as this.

I do not wish to bore you with my thoughts, for perhaps you may not care about them at all. Nevertheless, while I shall not seek to enforce myself upon this matter in any official regard, lest further reason to do so become clear. I will remind you to be patient in the matters of dynastic politics, and that at times such as these where the patient are rewarded, not the rash.

Eirik."

Emelya Eloise Kortrevich grinned at the notice, "Ai, the one of mea siblings that's been trying to get shit together and restart a family business seems more fit to inherit." She chuckled, shaking her head, "Mea little borsa can be overly emotional sometimes, but he's got a head for leadership. Ea do niet remember the last time Vladrik showed up to training either, duties should niet be taken lightly." She began to replace the bandages and herbs in her pouch in preparation for the sibling beat down, "Vy best be glad that ea do niet care for titles other than knightly ones, or else ea would kick the shit out of either of vy to help fix this stupid ******* male centric society. Nikolai's at least trying to change things for the better, second-born son does niet mean second-best."

Ser Erwin Bishop reads the missive, blinking....

Taking a long inhale he folds the paper neatly to place it on the table. With his exhale, he lets out a calm but measured response; 
"...DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

5 hours ago, Zanthuz said:

“I’m glad we never had the likes of this yammering excuse of a man amongst our kin when we were alive.” reflected Ser Nikolaus Kortrevich to the founder of the once prominent military house. @Quinn275

Overhearing Lotte Kortrevich swatted the back of his head, “if I recall, you both challenged Rodrick after he left; I think the boy has some guts to go against his family like that.”  huffing to the men. 

Jan Otto Kortrevich, watching over his family from the Seven Skies could do nothing but sigh. How he would have preferred his family to come together instead of challenge eachother for mere titles. "Ah well, not surprising." He then concluded, remembering Nikolai to be far more emotionally stable than Vladrik in his younger years.

Spoiler

imagine ghostwriting minecraft posts wtf

5 hours ago, Luminaire said:

imagine ghostwriting minecraft posts wtf

Spoiler

To be fair.................. I wrote a solid three extra paragraphs 👀