((Just give the weapon RPly, not OOCly))

Unwillingly

coming from my personal opinion and by no means a representation of the mods or any staff

i think the idea is a double edged sword honestly. On one hand you have people like @Valannorwho will carry 57 weapons, 10 marts, and a dog and then just give up one sword irp. How they do it, i cannot tell. But on the other end if we did enforce the rule of what you have mechanically is what you have rply then people cannot do what is simply of ease anymore. Its super hard to pick one side or the other, because honestly both suck. How do we treat soulbound items, etc. All things that I have been thinking since we originally allowed the 'takes items irply', but i am totally open to the discussion. the point you make about them being unable to enforce it are true, since yknow the rules go directly against it and additionally you'd have to have some sort of log. 

52 minutes ago, space warlord organ trader said:

I’d be all for smuggling rp but kinda impossible to do w/ zero ways to get into a 300000 foot walled city that has been optimized to keep people out even when it looks like shit forcing you to the front gate

kinda impossible to do smuggling rp if city leads care more about dollhouse than injecting another aspect of narrative I.e. crime into their settlements !!

-Break-

i concur with this purely cause i think it’s lazy, and any ((ooc chat)) in my rp infuriates me, plus make guards work I had to do it when I was a proud noob!!!

i would do smuggler rp if it was possible 100%

I mean, I guess I can take your items Unwilling but I am sure all the other visitors would prefer to keep their pixels

27 minutes ago, Zacho said:

coming from my personal opinion and by no means a representation of the mods or any staff

i think the idea is a double edged sword honestly. On one hand you have people like @Valannorwho will carry 57 weapons, 10 marts, and a dog and then just give up one sword irp. How they do it, i cannot tell. But on the other end if we did enforce the rule of what you have mechanically is what you have rply then people cannot do what is simply of ease anymore. Its super hard to pick one side or the other, because honestly both suck. How do we treat soulbound items, etc. All things that I have been thinking since we originally allowed the 'takes items irply', but i am totally open to the discussion. the point you make about them being unable to enforce it are true, since yknow the rules go directly against it and additionally you'd have to have some sort of log. 

It was a joke... Chill bruh

3 minutes ago, Valannor said:

It was a joke... Chill bruh

i know i was joking back : ( no hate

Aye it's definitely a silly thing for people to do. I get why its done; for conevenience. If you gotta log out while  in possession of this person's sword or something it's kinda dookie to try and get it back.

IMO just either dont confiscate weapons or don't go to stupid cities that do take them.

Remember: It's ILLEGAL to NOT have a weapon in the Lordship of Du Loc!

You take other people's weapons oocly and keep track of whose is whose.

I take other people's weapons oocly to steal them and never give them back.

We are not the same.

Didn't read the thread bar scanning through the OP, but here are my thoughts:

1. The MC-RP equivalence should stay. It is so much better than the days when people would pull swords out of their arses claiming that they crafted them with 37 emotes while sitting in their apartment 2 days ago.
  2. The guards saying "Keep it MCly" are just trying to be nice and not seem like they're stealing pixels.
  3. Anyone who betrays the guards' trust on this is a complete piece of shit OOCly.
  4. We should try think of a way to deal with this that allows for both (a) the guards to not have to take your items and have them feel guilty, or it be an ordeal for them to return to you later, and (b) the maintenance of the MC-RP equivalence.
  5. However, failing any solution which satisfies both requirements, the MC-RP equivalence should be kept, and guards just told to ******  the items with a "nothing personal kid" attitude. Because preventing asspulls is more important than people keeping their pixels, especially now that Nexus is gone and gear is borderline worthless. I might've been mad to have my Sharp 1 60% sword removed from me back in the day, but shit if my regular iron sword is taken, it's no spilled milk.

5 hours ago, Xx_BloodStalk_xX said:

gatehouse roleplay is the worst kind of roleplay on the server

Absolutely not. It is among the most pure and sacrosanct forms of RP. Closed gates are bad, shitty raids are bad, the gate-guard is the sacred figure who stands between good people and both of those wretched things. He is bored, and he is selfless.

EDIT: LMAO the verb "sn4tch" is censored because of er... those connotations. Honestly, whoever designed this censorship system has a filthy, filthy mind. 

Y’all are surely creating problems out of thin air at this time :D A) we all have different schedules meaning we don’t have time to constantly sit in the gate room tracking what items belong to who

B) It requires a lot of work to be able to track what belongs to who and I don’t think anyone really likes that, which would just defeat the purpose of LotC

C) Would you seriously prefer to give your 40 Marts, a dog and a Ferrari to the guards then keep them to yourself? D) If you give the items IRP, you can’t use them anymore, not IRP and not OOC(aka pvp). It just offers a more flavourful outcome to all parties involved when we allow to store items just IRP 

12 hours ago, ᴜɴᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢʟʏ said:

“But does that mean we also interpret MCly punching someone or sprint jumping as admissible in RP too?”

image.png
If you're gonna fight the good fight, do it a lil louder

21 hours ago, argonian said:

Absolutely not. It is among the most pure and sacrosanct forms of RP. Closed gates are bad, shitty raids are bad, the gate-guard is the sacred figure who stands between good people and both of those wretched things. He is bored, and he is selfless.

A hero amidst the dark...

On 1/12/2022 at 4:28 PM, argonian said:

Didn't read the thread bar scanning through the OP, but here are my thoughts:

1. The MC-RP equivalence should stay. It is so much better than the days when people would pull swords out of their arses claiming that they crafted them with 37 emotes while sitting in their apartment 2 days ago.
  2. The guards saying "Keep it MCly" are just trying to be nice and not seem like they're stealing pixels.
  3. Anyone who betrays the guards' trust on this is a complete piece of shit OOCly.
  4. We should try think of a way to deal with this that allows for both (a) the guards to not have to take your items and have them feel guilty, or it be an ordeal for them to return to you later, and (b) the maintenance of the MC-RP equivalence.
  5. However, failing any solution which satisfies both requirements, the MC-RP equivalence should be kept, and guards just told to ******  the items with a "nothing personal kid" attitude. Because preventing asspulls is more important than people keeping their pixels, especially now that Nexus is gone and gear is borderline worthless. I might've been mad to have my Sharp 1 60% sword removed from me back in the day, but shit if my regular iron sword is taken, it's no spilled milk.

EDIT: LMAO the verb "sn4tch" is censored because of er... those connotations. Honestly, whoever designed this censorship system has a filthy, filthy mind. 

Good to see an oldhead keep the faith of MC-RP equivalence.

On a more serious and productive note,

I've noticed #2 often, typically the 2nd time (and thereafter) upon visiting a city. Essentially, you earn the guard's trust and he/she will let you slide by with simply emoting taking weapons while letting you keep your MC items and not have to park between builds tossing items and collecting them. Honestly, I see no big deal with this and definitely agree with #3. If anything, I welcome workarounds that permit players greater expediency to get to their destinations and actually engage in entertaining roleplay. #2 is essentially the selfless gate-guard giving you a workaround so that you don't have to get into a tangle tossing and retrieving MC items and waste minutes of your gameplay time.

We all have our preferences on what "forms" of roleplay is the most aesthetically pleasing to our subjective views, but taking a sh_t on guard-gate roleplay is breaking decorum where we don't troll or trash others' preferences. If we want to maintain decorum and not bash on furries, ERPers, and the like - we have to give the same decorum and decency to people who play peasant, gate-guards, and other roles.

"Your lore-team approved sword that took you months on in-game time to forge hundreds of years ago and is made of highly valuable, rare resources only available through events? That's mine now." -Some guard that actually took your items instead of just roleplaying it, probably.