Bl. Nicolas Observational Report: 1st of Owyn's Flame, 1860

Burnsider

[!] This is a report disseminated purely to the Monastics and Clergy within the Canonist Church, including specifically the High Pontiff, the Curia, and Father Katerina.

Observational Report of the Order of Blessed Nicolas

on the 1st of Owyn's Flame, 1860

Q5VHnc9_hxWRAC20rvaggDWkZCfnbi9EP4TajTvwCnxyfi7cAGJno5Rp5CG-eQ5j8GZWf-eH1lcqYwmZ3IxwDXcP__aUqotgQqTOdXl_V087wrIYFN5_39Hzt2E_zNHWWh1Er6FQ

The blessings of the Lord GOD be upon the flock of Providentia, their servant shepherds, and His Holiness, Tylos II.

Sister Silence, upon taking respite within the Basilica of the Argentate Star on the above date, did find signs placed on the exterior and interior of the church by a certain 'HH,' who makes claim to being the coadjutor of the Church. It is her understanding that there is no clergy member by that name. Given that the church's welcome sign has been continuously defaced over the past few months by schismatics renaming the basilica after 'Exalted' Darfey, she can only assume that said 'HH' is either a member of the schismatics, considers himself a self-appointed priest against Canon Law, or has been appointed by the Anathemata. The doors to the upper floors of the basilica were barred by padlocks left by this 'HH,' but Sister Silence gained entry anyway in order to assess any damage done. Thankfully, this barring of church doors appears to have been caught before any major vandalism occurred. Still, Sister Silence found more locked doors in the upper levels of the basilica that were most likely done by this 'HH.'

Recommended Action Items:

1. Priests in other Dioceses be reassigned to Providentia
  2. The Order of Blessed Nicolas to keep watch over the Basilica of the Argentate Star to prevent vandalism of church lands
  3. Deacons or Acolytes of Providentia to do an inventory of all items within the cathedral

"If only the Orenians would behave for but even one minute We would be a happier man" Tylos II stated as his gaze met the report which was brought to him by an Acolyte.

Covert priest “HH” of the Darfeyist schismatics surveyed the damage conducted by Sister Silence. His identity and plans were compromised. Perhaps, some necessary action would be warranted…

A letter is addressed to the Holy See, largely ignorant of the encyclical correspondence of the Order of Bl. Nicolas, halfway cognizant of its very existence, but aware of some presence within the largely abandoned and disrepaired Argentate Star. Whether this was a member of Canonist clergy, or common thief, the author was not sure.

@Burnsider

"To the Order of Bl. Nicolas, and other interested parties of Canonist inquisition in the lands of Providence,

I regret to introduce myself under such troubling circumstances. My name is Henry Herring, Diocesan Coadjutor of the Prefectural Government of Providence. As a lay official, my task upon entering the Basilica of the Argentate Star was to conduct a survey on the status of the church grounds, investigate reports of potential squatters or burglars, and inquire as to the welfare of the Cardinal Providentia. I have managed to meet the first two of these objectives, with the third utterly elusive. In fact, I was unable to apprehend any remaining ministry within the cathedral at all. Any information which could help further my inquest into the status of the Basilica would be greatly appreciated.

I was shocked to find a general state of abandonment and disrepair affecting the entirety of the Basilica, including its associated presbytery. It appears that the entire premises had been hastily vacated several months or years before my appointment, with its quarters and offices on the second storey stripped of any artefact of human habitation. Troublingly, a window had been broken in from the roof of the Cathedral, granting access to the Cardinal Providentia's private quarters. To prevent further trespsassing I placed a padlock on the doors leading to the belfry, hoping to deny access to any other prospective burglars. I believed, before further inspection, that this was necessary for the safety of any remaining Canonist ministry.

Upon investigation of the presbytery of the Argentate Star (the large manse due north of the Basilica proper), I found another broken window which had been used to despoil Pontiff Everard's private quarters. This led me to abandon my unintrusive wellness check and gain access to the building, and I found similar signs of hurried vacation therein. Several doors have been damaged by intruders over the course of what must have been a several year abandonment of the benefice. If I am wrong about the status of this building please return correspondence, as I intend to report on information gathered to the Prefectural and Imperial Government.

From the information I have gathered it is clear that the Basilica of the Argentate Star has been abandoned. Surveying the locals I have heard the state of the benefice most charitably described as a "giant abandoned church in the center of Providence," and "the private property of Mayor Bub'Mog." I can understand the increased hesitance to send ministers to Providence due to the concerns of the war. But the neglect of the sedes of the Archdiocese has not gone unnoticed, and it is, to be frank, an unacceptable dereliction of the clergy's duties. Until such time as diocesan officials return to Providence and continue their services, I will resume my duty as Coadjutor and begin maintenance of the Basilica personally.

Your urgent correspondence is requested. 

Henry Herring"