An Acolyte’s Thesis on: The Temperance of Food

zuziee

An Acolyte’s Thesis on:

The Temperance of Food

"For I have given to you the pleasures of the world, and they shall comfort you in the theater of virtue. And you shall take them carefully, and shall not become a creature of worldly indulgence as the beasts of the earth.” (Scroll of Virtue 3: 7-8)

The Canticle of Temperance was one of the seven Canticles bestowed upon Exalted Horen at the throne of God in the Seventh Sky.. Though God gifted many wonderful things to relieve us, we must live in satisfied restraint and uphold Temperance.

Temperance is, by the scroll of virtue, the ability to restrain oneself and refuse to bask in indulgence. Nevertheless, in my earlier years, I found temperance the hardest to practice. So many lovely things, sweet things, God had blessed me in my lifetime. 

This led me to the question; How could I, and my dutiful peers, enjoy God's gifts but not fall to Iblees trap of extravagance?  You must recall that God does not want you to not enjoy his pleasures, but with moderation. It is not wrong nor sinful to enjoy his creation, only to revel.

At this, here are some ways I have found through careful study, prayer, and practice how to live by Temperance accordingly;

Always start and end meals with grace. 

Slow down when eating, practice patience.

Spend meal time with family and friends.

Practice portion control, only take what you need.

Finish your plate.

Lastly, Enjoy every bite.

In conclusion, I shall leave you with a prayer;

Almighty and everlasting god, let temperance grow in me and lead me to discover the virtues you have blessed to bring deeper union with you. In your holy name, temper my desires, O God, and turn my focus towards you and away from Iblees sin. Deliver me from the tendency to go to extremes that strain my body and soul. Amen.

Signed,

Acolyte Maya Ceciliya Barbanov

Karl Sigmar ran his eyess over the thesis of his sister, bobbing his head. "My sister is clearly the smartest and best ever acolyte there has been." 

Amadea made a mental note to purchase more sweets for the Acolyte, the Barbanov clearly deserving treats after all of her hard work.

Dmitry, after having read over the thesis wondered about Maya. He hadn't seen her for a long while, but she had clearly been busy and hard at work. Dmitry himself had been struggling in boarding school. "Very impressive. I better go visit Maya sometime soon when I go home."

Lucien comments, side glancing Dmitry. "Yes, you should."

To the ardent Acolyte Maya, @zuziee

Your writings on how one is to practice temperance are uplifting. I see that there is not much for your teachers to teach you. Your thesis is ideal, you raise a question and answer it. Judging from your writings you understand the Holy Scrolls well enough. I hereby approve your thesis. Please find a superior clergyman, so you may be ordained and truly begin your journey in the Mother Church.

May His Light guide your path,

Prelate Adrian Helen de Sarkozy

Cardinal Albarosa

KRXaF2tU5q70QgsWMnMHU9qY_2wP49rLCX-luWVN-f92vQJHG17VjlfFGI8t14Kpaga2ReQW70B2wDnlXUttSyZBOhlTiMwXE7dstnB9rxN6V2fzv4Wl4t78YrVyokFIWMehGrjY