The Time To Retire [Soft Shelve]

Javert

gHqjoVCgAb1cZYM0C_qzgNwO1JKUO5QRZiQWFADmaGoMl19GqUkF4eSXbNNv0P4Vcw6aq6IU7nZNH0myG7eG1HQUXiJaG7kfBxBbDtBKlumIU6hcoQrCQmZSN5cjimf0C5p2bNZfzpVO8xT8JQ

Ludwig von Audrick circa 84 S.A.

Vr0V1R9Vv_Nc6CtiuJ5uPHgNrlxW2RfB99V0viAxAcLTiWd7tzfmVETwHxdPynS0d0F8CNFMGRH8qSqz6drgjpHUU6VRZBUDaAe3aFc-Pp8f8nCmdVvZkUwfZgtRS0FqYajK0mhC35gJgnxvMg

It had been years since Ludwig had settled into Haense. It was near the end of the War of the Wigs, and the Siege of Haverlock had forced his family to flee north to Ludwig's old birthplace. While Ludwig had never been fond of the Haeseni north, he could never deny that it was indeed the place he grew up in. It was the place where he and his twin brother Franz always pulled pranks on their older siblings, yet it was also the place he once left out of some deep down desire to honor his Sedanian roots. His Father had been a Sedanian warrior as had his Uncles and Cousins, but Ludwig was born after the dust of the Sedan Rebellion had settled.

So Ludwig travelled. First to Louisville, then Yong Ping where he met his beloved wife, then back to Louisville. He had settled down, had a family, made a career as a Sedanian Politician, and when the time came he fought as a Sedanian Soldier. From the First Battle of Stone Tower to the Battle of Philip III's Folly, Ludwig had seen it all. He saw the stone walls of Southbridge break and crumble under Tripartite trebuchets. He saw the homes of Haverlock burst into flames as he evacuated his family. When Ludwig finally made it to Haense with his beloved children and wife, he had hoped there would be peace at last.

Then came the Brother's War. Ludwig was no Orenian, had no obligation to defend either side, but some part of him called him to action again. So, Ludwig made his way to Fort Imperium and fought alongside Peter IV. At Reutov and New Providence, Ludwig saw the defeat of the Imperial armies at the hands of the Royalist rebels. Ludwig saw the rise of a Kingdom and fall of an Empire, and yet he returned home all the same.

Now, years later, that same man who had travelled most of Almaris fighting wars now sat at home resting. His eldest children slowly fell in love and became married or engaged. His youngest children pursued careers Ludwig had never envisioned for himself. It felt like now, at long last, Ludwig could join his beloved Adelaide in retirement. Finally, Ludwig could live out the rest of his days in peace.

Vr0V1R9Vv_Nc6CtiuJ5uPHgNrlxW2RfB99V0viAxAcLTiWd7tzfmVETwHxdPynS0d0F8CNFMGRH8qSqz6drgjpHUU6VRZBUDaAe3aFc-Pp8f8nCmdVvZkUwfZgtRS0FqYajK0mhC35gJgnxvMg

Spoiler

I had a genuine blast playing Ludwig whenever I did. I apologize that I wasn't around on him much later on, but I'm thankful for all the memories I've had with everyone. Thank you all, and wish Ludwig a good retirement

Annette von Audrick sat at the family table with Aurelian, reading him a book. She thought back on the times Ludwig would read to her as a child, or tell her stories of his victories. “Vater ist proud uff us, Aurelian. Ich hope du know zhat.”