Discussing Courtship (OOC POST)

eviea

7 hours ago, mkaxeman said:

courtship on lotc leads to either a tos ban or harassment bans

:)

Sounds like a whole load of ERP to me idk

JPEG_20190517_195420.jpg

Whilst courtship can enhance roleplay, it really doesn't matter.

Hear me out.

As much as it can make sense IC wise for character A and B to be together, it doesn't often go this way. Especially in bigger nations where courtship and who marries who can be, and often is, a HUGE political move. It can make the most sense, but unfortunately, OOC racketeering is the only guide for most courtships. Especially when there is land, money,  and pixel power to be exchanged. I would implore you, and anyone else who likes to engage in courtship/marriage RP-to not be devastated or frustrated when a plot makes perfect sense and falls apart for seemingly no reason. 

As much as I dislike the idea to arrange everything OOC, to have any enjoyment out of the roleplay you choose to partake in, in the current climate it is in- is to play the game, too. Talk to the other player. Be realistic, a commoner trying to marry a prince- isn't going to work. Work out what you can ICly, and negotiate the rest another way. 

Pixel power will almost always overrule a good story. I've learned this a time too many. Try to develop your character and make them earn their way through life. Accomplish what you want them to, through their own grit- rather than a ring on the finger.