Rats

hemomancy

phLF3Uce2oVJolJls8TytA7AEOhd3kcpNtpdfiTVUaDUmFRpTNKzps3I-hxu8rQ-35b26bTsGtJyd8JnD9EJMAAm4yXsLGx2Cinbni6B4CwdEkz_Qq7HlED3vgf13mHsu1nIezkvJHwMF4TlYzh8dTc

She remembered nothing; nothing at all. Her head hurt. She felt as if she weren't completely there. The snow that flurried around her was almost painful. White flashes of light in her eyes, while the chilled wind felt nearly deafening. She tucked down, crouching into a small ball among the snow-packed ground. Her arms were covering her head; tears dripped down her face. Blood covered her small hands. On the ground in front of her was but a small thing. A rat- cold and unmoving.

"Sergei?"

"Sergei ea need vy."

"Sergei please."

This girl cried out. She knew naught of what happened. Her dear pet on the ground, blood around him. It soaked into the snow, leaving behind a crimson puddle. He’d been crushed. He’d been ripped apart. He'd met a cruel fate. Yet how was that? Her memories were fuzzy; like she'd been watching from elsewhere.

"Mamej?"

She called put, and met only with the ice.

"Papej?"

She called out, and met with only wind.

"Ami?"

She called out, and met with only silence.

Aunty?

She called out, and met with only the snow.

'I'm szam."

"I'm very szam."

She began speaking to no one, her body still huddled into nothing but a ball. Flecks of snow began to cover her back and head, yet she took no notice.

"But niet vy."

"Ea will niet be szam to vy."

“Ea can niet be szam to vy.”

Her words were quiet. Whispered only so she herself could hear. Yet that was all she needed. The others laughed at her. The others cried with her. They felt everything she both did and did not feel.

She fell silent. Her tears ceased. She stood, some of those flecks of snow fell from her person. She trudged over to the body of her pet, her scarf being removed while she walked. Crouching down, she wrapped the poor creature in the red cloth, holding him to her chest.

“Ea will miss vy, Sergei.”

The girl began to head home; she did not yet know which she would go to, but that her legs moved with no thought as she walked amongst the frost.

Spoiler

rip sergei my beloved, he lived a normal rat lifespan but got mfin offed

A particular and previously abducted elfess had truly hoped she would be the one to gack said rat. However, the world was everything but fair.

A random half elf would feel saddened by the rats passing, though she still had to figure out what to do with the random heart in a jar that had been left in her residence.