ANSWERING THE CALL

indiana105

XfWPXdJF1qOs3-5ilAIZIHBVh6-cxzCbDnp_9bz-43hxzHF7bqgOn1g7lCFgmXSZT2thOVYpWdh0Yt7XpjCdOXKnAHK9TXG-eAfYWk52RFbA24kGyg6_fnm7k_hsjY1EOw3gvVWU1Z9irdAy7qsj4T30waCHD0egr8wC0UvEJvDzEo1IPElKJpisDg

TO DEFEND THE FAITHFUL

WRSbjqFCqYWAR2YnjE7rbMYSWB5QKs9LipGpNmOnTl88zidpMVc-LwB8auBskR5XkBZsKvyFqTbjugm1Nby85SzhjFrqhkbL8HkEFSdlkf6djzqgdPM_p1987jrQ2XZy86OJLfNSAhRuwRcf9vc7orveSqcBdLRFQ2sGsB27iJJLX-TZz46285rAqw

Issued by the

HOUSE OF RUTHERN

On the 17th day of Gronna ag Droba of 443 E.S.

SANGKRUV I RUTHER,

It is the will of GOD that I face trial for my sins. But I shall not be dragged before a Karosgradi court. My penance is to be battle, GOD willing my sins shall be drowned in vampiric blood. My beloved wife Margrait, Duchess of Vidaus, will assume sole rule of our domain until I return from this Crusade. 

I am no craven, nor am I a fiend. Any man wishing to answer the call of the Church may ride alongside myself and my retinue. 

To those who seek my prosecution;

TAKE THE FIELD OR STAY YOUR TONGUE. 

DRUZ GJERNZ AG GRYVNZ, 

His Excellency, Mikhail var Ruthern, Grand Lord of Hanseti-Ruska, Duke of Vidaus, Count of Metterden, Viscount of Greyspine, Lord of Druzstra and Protector of the South

j3eooCIGvKyvZpmWGqKX9eAFtFtLU5vbt2jlsqQEPS-R0X6YsotnrspHNH_6N00NddFDP6vujWYBrSFdHXlR95E2esRX-9JwyxITDXjHfEd3cKhMSFETPexdM-QIyVUEGvjrD3WFWVCNY2elBZMMfmdRnW8Z3Kc4-aWAmm9RL53hM1zb298ILC7K8A

With a stern expression, the small notice was pinned up against the wall of his home. The ever-leal guardsman sat down and resumed the oiling and maintenance of his equipment. It went without saying.

Cardinal Viktor shakes his head "Your penance shall be whatever your confessor decides it should be. Answering the call to Crusade, as valiant and pious as it is, does not absolve you from Secular nor Spiritual law. Efforts must be made to stamp out the degeneracy in one's own home, not just the degeneracy abroad."

Iulius Vernhart underlined sections of the short missive before jotting down notes in his journal. “I am glad Lord Ruthern has decided to join he crusade as any good Canonist would, but there is more to be paid then simple dues to the Lord, for it is both the Law of God and Kingdom that he has broken.” The Firr’s sickly hand shook as it dabbed the quill into his ink jar. He began to write once more. “If one could declare his own penance, there would be no peace or justice in the Kingdom. There is no pleasure in persecuting the unrighteous, yet it is what must be done.” The aged man then dotted a period in his journal and set it out to dry as he gave a long, raspy sigh. Iulius Vernhart bowed his head in prayer. This was, perhaps, to be the last of him. Surely his diseased bones would not survive the incoming battles.

"Last time ea checked ea had already given vy a penance to the confession of vyr sins that vy then flat out refused to do. Penance is only something that of a priest can decide for vy, and vy can't go to another priest for a new penance when vy did niet like vyr first one." Katerina scoffed to herself after reading the missive. Planning to seek out the pontiff to ask on advice on this particular man.