Moments Too Soon

gavyn

MOMENTS TOO SOON

An announcement of birth.

On the 16th of Sigismund’s End, 1897 - A red haired boy was found as his mother left the lands of the Kingdom of Aaun. The boy bore a resemblance to his great-grandfather, Leopold John Alstion; having the same hair and eyes as that of an Alstion.

As he was found by his father, Prince Emil Caius, Duke of Balamena, abandoned in the Grafschaft of Minitz, he was returned into the arms of his father. The boy named Caius Godwin, found himself in the lap of his father once again, ready to be raised as Caius “The Bastard Prince” Godwin Jrent.

The boy is to be raised by his biological father, the Prince Emil, Duke of Balamena, despite the circumstances of his birth.

Signed,

HRH, Prince Emil Caius

Duke of Balamena 

[A fingerprint of Caius Godwin Jrent]

Leopold von Reuss would read through this missive, things about it seemed off, especially with the disappearance and passing of his daughter. The Margrave would grab his cane and push himself from his bed and meandered towards the door, preparing to give the Prince Emil a visit to congratulate him on the birth of his son. 

Caius Godwin wailed from his crib, the entirety of Minitz hearing it.

44 minutes ago, gavyn said:

Grafschap of Minitz

"The what of Minitz now...?" asked the Graf utterly confused

Oijin considers drowning the baby in the river for a good night of rest.

13 minutes ago, GoodGuyMatt said:

"The what of Minitz now...?" asked the Graf utterly confused

Emil shrugs because the post was copy and pasted.

"How tragic... my... husband? Romantic partner to be? Oh! Betrothed! We must assist the young father and the man whom you call your friend! I have already asked to tutor for the child, perhaps you can do the same?"

Lady von Wexler conveyed to the Lord de Cantal while they planned their wedding with a depressed but determined as expressed by face while looking towards her betrothed; the pair sitting within the lively Velen dinning hall. 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Orlesian said:

"How tragic... my... husband? Romantic partner to be? Oh! Betrothed! We must assist the young father and the man whom you call your friend! I have already asked to tutor for the child, perhaps you can do the same?"

Lady von Wexler conveyed to the Lord de Cantal while they planned their wedding with a depressed but determined as expressed by face while looking towards her betrothed; the pair sitting within the lively Velen dinning hall. 

Reveal hidden contents

"Just 'husband' will probably be fine, Elle. And, aye. We will surely help Prince Emil. He is a friend, after all.

The Lord de Cantal scratched his forehead at the missive. Soon he'd have his own children, but for now,it was time to help a friend. 

Louis Owyn Haverlock prepares to visit Prince Emil to offer his support, one Father to another.

"A disgrace." The Marshal spat on the ground upon having read the missive

Charlotte Henrietta would fold the missive quickly and set it aside on her desk. She was furious; had it been her who was with a bastard child, she would have been stripped of her status and, maybe, even her life. She sighed. Regardless, she had a nephew now, and would treat him as such, no matter his origins.

She grabbed a small paper from the stack of notecards on her desk and began to write:

"Dear baby brother,

Oh-you've beat me to the punch! Mother won't be pleased when..."

The news circulating the realm of Aaun, would have rather briskly caught the ears of the Prince Emil's mother and upon such occurring, she sighed in frustration and annoyance. "A bastard?" The Lady Provins repeated to herself numerous times. "GOD guide me!"

Petsch von Minitz raised his brows as he read the missive . . ."Mein Lords won't like this. . " he feared for the child.