Not Farewell, Just See You Later AMA

Burnsider

Yup, I'm out for a bit. My interest in the server has been waning for a bit now and so I'm taking a break. I hold no illusion that I'm quitting for good; I know I'll be back. 

So, this is me hanging up my mod manager hat and doing a little Bye AMA. 

7 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

I hold no illusion that I'm quitting for good; I know I'll be back. 

A very real statement. Good luck in life!

Just now, itdontmatta said:

;/

What was your favorite moment on Mod?

Overseeing my first warclaim. It was amazing to watch the sides go at it, to prep the map, and just help enable some of the most fun people have on LOTC. 

I know there have been times in the past where we have quarrelled in regard to Moderation stuff whether it is you as a mod or myself as a mod, but I hold no ill will towards you since you're a good guy. I hope you enjoy your break, and your family is doing well. It'll be nice to welcome you back whenever that happens to be. My question will be, "What size is your shoe?"

1 minute ago, Crevel said:

I know there have been times in the past where we have quarrelled in regard to Moderation stuff whether it is you as a mod or myself as a mod, but I hold no ill will towards you since you're a good guy. I hope you enjoy your break, and your family is doing well. It'll be nice to welcome you back whenever that happens to be. My question will be, "What size is your shoe?"

The mod team is a team not just because of workload, but because we need differing viewpoints to make sure things are handled fairly and correctly. I'm glad we quarreled as mods on occasion; it made the team consider decisions more carefully. 

I'm a 10.5 US. 

13 minutes ago, creamynoteblock said:

finally I can be toxic on the forums

Yes, my reign of terror has ended. 

1 hour ago, Burnsider said:

I hold no illusion that I'm quitting for good; I know I'll be back. 

Worlds first self aware LOTC player. Enjoy the break however long it lasts though!

have u had a favorite persona ever since u initially returned?

take care btw ur a good dude 

1 minute ago, Ramon said:

have u had a favorite persona ever since u initially returned?

I had been doing church RP for a long time, but on coming back this time, I finally got my first actual priest and my first spook (as she got used by the Synod after she died). 

This would be priestess Ileana. 

What was your most memorable experience on the server as a player?

What do you plan to do with all this new found freedom?

26 minutes ago, Fireheart said:

What was your most memorable experience on the server as a player?

What do you plan to do with all this new found freedom?

The Red Diet of Karosgrad was probably my favorite experience as a player. It was a great combination of character development and player freedom. 

Speaking of freedom, I might try LARPing again. See if I've gotten too old for that. 

We didn't always get along but for the most part I consider you one of the more interesting people I've met on the server. Peace, bro.