The Great Bear Rests

HIGH_FIRE

The Great Bear Rests

skZxFJwauow01nSIw4v-0yxffyZRTE4bulWqOmbzKm_OjxhDsLf52dnYMKTzzqCJTs6kamycPQXBKFqIWAxixHUwgbja9nzU4HI2TQJuXKiZNVtaPlkVjwQFTNqT5kiPjgwSf7jlHMkp0Dvb8vDg8HmsmJ_SKU3yFWG_0RJQPflnZjJFXzZbxH2WZl-LxQ

AiCSzl1sinbvrUdgLBFXXbw7qFrmR7x1ZfkWWFvbWnGpzfcCy4L1CyjEyAlp7U9iKyJuwoPMbo3iahLM49TRqTteW8hQTAg3kfVTo7FAb41_1DQsnQJZMATuzZnARnHlKqnjXT-ZRYbjdeJi0hnQPQzKo3FuiJtjn5KBumBCIImUVqtxKFvmg4tWMgYXig

skZxFJwauow01nSIw4v-0yxffyZRTE4bulWqOmbzKm_OjxhDsLf52dnYMKTzzqCJTs6kamycPQXBKFqIWAxixHUwgbja9nzU4HI2TQJuXKiZNVtaPlkVjwQFTNqT5kiPjgwSf7jlHMkp0Dvb8vDg8HmsmJ_SKU3yFWG_0RJQPflnZjJFXzZbxH2WZl-LxQ

347sHwgs8cxDdjTC0SbCbVrZ1M8kQar_ouXYIah6tfi2pufhUxyIXdhh2hNVPvdxcvwT0LgUoIdbI6tCYZWfrBV7HzMtv9Ctg0jUTP3CTcGcKSh4k18f3rE-uDAav46tI4PJE_oBEBsKLCnm6m5RvgLxkpueIoYb4qKSnwUhatBBtHev8YzOSkUAbljl_Q

Count Drako Darkwood, a man devoted to family and loyalty has died.

After over 40 years of being the patriarch of the Darkwood family, having discovered ancient Darkwood history along with his cousin Orelia, revitalising and uniting the family and increasing the family status, the first Great Bear of the Darkwood family has finally laid to rest after the Necrotic Siege of Atrus. 

The man was killed by the arrows of the undead archers, pelting at him, by his side was his faithful companion Bertislav the Bear. The Countess Theodetta Darkwood will lay out preparations soon for a burial as she takes up the mantle of being the first Matriarch of Darkwood.

May he rest in the Seven Skies.

Spoiler

[!] Letters would be sent out to the following people, with the date ‘The 22nd of Peter’s Glory 41 B.A.’. 

To Johanne, for many years you have remained by my side, a faithful and loving wife. It brings me great joy to see that we brought a good and honest name to our families as well working to increase the strength and stature of their titles. While I now rest a dead man, please remember I will always love you and that I wish for you to remain safe. As such I leave you an old sword given to me by a friend to keep you safe.

To Theodetta, now it is your time to lead our family. Unlike with my own upbringing, you have had time to prepare and are of an adult age to lead. Remember what I taught you throughout the years, be humble, be honest and most of all, be loyal. Balian is our home for better or for worse, they took us in when we had nothing and rewarded our continuous work, do not hold that loyalty to just the crown but the people as well. You will do wonderfully as Countess and I hold trust in your actions, it is simply a pity I will miss out on your wedding day. To you I leave your full inheritance, our relics, our bank account, our castle and the tavern, do not forget the taxes, your mother is ruthless.

To Kristoffer, you were always the light in a room, a very playful and happy child, please, no matter what occurs in your life, never lose that happiness for it will keep you going even in the darkest of days. This is your life to live, to you, I leave an old violin I was gifted, in hopes you will take up the hobby.

To Adelia, while you were my cousin's child, I raised you as my own for several years and I hope that I taught you important lessons for life. You will soon be married, and for such, I leave to you the promise of free drinks in the tavern for your wedding after party. 

To Orelia, while we spent a period of time arguing on various matters and eventually went our own paths, it is a great happiness in my life we reconnected as cousins. You were always a good person to talk to and you were someone who I could trust to make decisions with everyone's best interests at heart. To you I leave an old sword I forged.

To Godric, Aurianne, Duncan and Rickard, while you never held my last name, you were still my children and I cared deeply for all three of you. I hope you learnt important lessons from the time I spent with you and that you spend good lives going forward.

To Viktor and Seraphina, siblings, truly it is only you two who understand the hardships that we have gone through since our father’s death. I wish you both the best with your lives, but urge you to remember our own family, and to be there for them as I pass to the Seven Skies. To you both I leave varied artefacts from my journeys in hopes they bring you some joy.

To Peter d’Arkent, while I only knew you the past two decades or so, you were a good comrade and a better friend. I wish you luck in continuing the leadership of the Company that my brother founded, and you bettered. I pledge to you the support of the Darkwoods, and leave you half the equipment that the Darkwood family held for itself, as a donation to the Company of Balian.

To Teodosio, simply put, you were my best customer. Many a night I saw you in my tavern drinking my wines, and enjoying them. While such a high intake of alcohol is deeply concerning, I do leave to you a crate of both Rendzzan merlot and sauvignon to enjoy at your leisure, remember to drink responsibly.

To King Alexander, I still remember you as a young man, a Crown Prince learning to rule. You have impressed me with your strength as a ruler, and I am happy to see that the Kingdom and my own family have grown under your rulership of our nation as well as your fathers. To you I leave a bottle of vintage champagne to enjoy.

Gaius Rosius var Ruthern saluted to his fallen comrade, "Moy may niet spoke much, mais you were dobry leader and valiant soldier."

"Goodbye cousin, you were a wonderful man. You fought hard. Rest in peace." Eryane sighed, knowing the battle may take her family away and while a majority of her loved ones survived, the loss still hurt.

Sir Rev Vuiller clicked his tongue a bit as he looked towards Drako, the man leaning keeping his hands behind his back as he tilted his head "Did we niet agree for vy to keep her safe until her dying breath?"

Adelia Darkwood would read over her note with tears on her cheeks "I don't want your drinks, I would rather have you here, you were the only father I knew in life" Sat on her bed "I will try to make you proud of me" she then took time to mourn inside her room

Spoiler

Good luck on ur next persona

The Countess of Aquilae and now Countess-Dowager of Renduzzo, Johanne Vuiller, stared down at the letter her husband had left her. Bittersweet, as the cries of her grandchildren sounded from her right. The letter has but a slight crinkle, from reading it so much in the moments after she got it and she soon straightened it out, quiet and reflective.

Laurelie de Pelear V. signed the Lorraine and prayed for the darkwood. He'll be missed.