The 100 Years Hunt | Ka'Bur-Votar Announcement

Guzr

jy3WLptgxw_yPGQPt7rdgT7w6rEJdSI5r-dnWHPNOVM0Mckc-vdvPu3qtA4vbY4Q8DsvGpjOkEGy8O0fKnYXouP-GItE5QZKEIDn425MTadpMsPVOQcVxJmNhNOJ7IINYyIOaKDowwrjQzrZzEwYHyhnZc_SexkZPghBazApoG00va5g5tun5brG2o17

| THE 100-YEARS HUNT |

“Ku’Bur-Votar”

The hall filled with citizens of the Horde, ranging from the tallest uruk to the swiftest elf. The Rex spoke his speak and then the Targoth, captivating the ears of those present. They spoke of important matters yet Droku’Lur’s thoughts lay elsewhere.

He thought of his ancestors, of the great hunters of aeons passed. The night before he dreamt of Lur slaying the three-headed wolf, and the week before he spoke with a lesser immortal under Votar. He knew what to do. With a mighty whistle he summoned his lurwolf Sarakh, whose howl pierced the hall and the attention of the onlookers. Droku leapt from the pavilion onto her saddle, reeling her upwards and swinging his fist in the air.

“I have something to say!”
The wolf growled at all present, baring her teeth viciously. Droku continued: “I am Droku of Clan Lur, son of Dromug the ‘Fatwolf’. I am Huntsgoth of the Horde! I have ridden with many with you, hunted with others. Though many here know not my name so I speak it! I did not become Huntsgoth because I wanted to. It was said to me by Augrec ‘The Pale Shaman’. Brothers and sisters, he had a vision, and you were in it!”

Droku swirled the wolf around, pacing about the hall as he inspected all in it. “Many moons ago, before Orgon’s plague and before the hardships my ancestor Kurak rode with the mighty Lur himself, son of Krug. Lur led them on a hundred years hunt! This hunt is known to our clan as a great tradition.”

He spit offside. “It has been too long! Though we speak of this, we grow fat and idle. No more! 

I, Droku of Clan Lur, will lead us on another 100 years hunt! This is the vision Augrec foresaw, us bounding through swamp, sand and snow. In praisal of Lur, Votar and Freygoth! Ride with me! Hunt with me and your names will be recorded in the tablets of history, to dance immortal in haruspex! Glozug Votar!”

And so, as the hall erupted into chants and roars of approval, the Ka’Bur-Votar had started.

The first year of the hundred year hunt had commenced.

OOC note: Set it as a challenge for myself to hold a hunting event weekly for the next 100 weeks, we’ll see how far I get. If you want to participate, hmu on Ryn#2543 or in the Horde discord!

Ar-Borok of the Akaal clan smiled the tusked smile as traditions were brought back to the lands of the Iron Horde

"Lûp-Votar! Lûp-Lur! We will hunt with lat bruddah, for the hundred years to come!"

A massive green Orc nodded approvingly "Mi likez latz" Vrilkon'Ugluk decided

SKULLCRUSHA’RAGUK, THE TARGOTH SMILED WITH GREAT PRIDE TOWARDS HIS BRUDDAH! HE WAS EXCITED… SO WAS HIS STOMACH FOR THE MEAT TO COME!

"Wi will zee ef diz huntzgoth ez zuccezful, hmmm..." Kybal grunted, the Kukaal looking over the missive. "He haz zhown zum promize."

"Too long zinze mi had mi lazt Votar. Even more zinze it wuz wiv mi bruddahz. Lup-Votar. Lup-Lur!"

Praised the Gorkil, attending to his stockpile of hunting equipment, readying it for it's coming use