aaunicroyalnavy.png

IN MARI VIVEMUS

TABLE OF CONTENT

I. INTRODUCTION

II. HIERARCHY

III. CUSTOMS AND TRADITIONS

IV. OATH OF SERVCE

I. INTRODUCTION

The Royal Aaunic Navy is more than just a military force. It is a brotherhood of men and women who share a common love for the sea and a fierce determination to protect their homeland. These are individuals who have answered the call to service, and who are ready to lay down their lives for the greater good.

Joining the Royal Aaunic Navy is not just a job - it is a way of life. It requires discipline, bravery, and a willingness to put the needs of the kingdom above one's own. It means being part of a community that values teamwork, respect, and honor.

As a member of the Royal Aaunic Navy, you will be entrusted with some of the most important tasks in the kingdom. You will sail the seas in defense of your homeland, engaging in battles and skirmishes that will test your courage and your mettle. You will also serve as a vital link in the kingdom's trading network, delivering supplies and goods to distant ports and forging important alliances with foreign lands.

But being a member of the Royal Aaunic Navy is more than just fulfilling these duties. It is about being part of something larger than yourself, and working together with your fellow sailors to achieve a common goal. It is about finding purpose and meaning in your life, and making a difference in the world around you.

If you are a sea-loving individual who is determined to protect the United Kingdom of Aaun, then the Royal Aaunic Navy is the place for you. We are always looking for brave and dedicated men and women to join our ranks, and to help us uphold the proud traditions of our noble heritage. Join us, and become part of a legacy that will last for generations to come.

II. HIERARCHY

Spoiler

LAST UPDATED: 3/31/2023

COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF

King Charles I

*Subject to change upon succession within the monarchy of the United Kingdom of Aaun.

FIRST SEA LORD

Admiral - Prince Emil Caius Alstion

SECOND SEA LORD

Vice-Admiral - Caius Godwin Alstion

FLEET COMMANDERS 

Vice-Admiral - Louis August de Rosius

Vice-Admiral - Ser Viktor Wick

Vice-Admiral - Leufroy Alexandre Ashford de Lewes

LOGISTICS CORP 

Rear-Admiral - Sir Emir of Abbassia

CREW CAPTAINS
Vacant

PETTY OFFICERS

Chief - Sir Yvian Galken

SEA DOG

Vacant

DECKHANDS

Apprentice - Godfrey Laurene Ashford de Lewes

Apprentice - Robyrt Taranis

Apprentice - Romaine

Apprentice - Vylandris

Apprentice - Richard

III. CUSTOMS AND TRADITIONS

With life at sea also comes various customs and traditions, it is therefore an obligation to follow these traditions within the navy.

DRINKING GAME: THE CASK RACE

The Aaunic Royal Navy has a tradition of holding a drinking game known as the Cask Race. This game is usually played on the eve of a major naval battle or when the crew has returned from a successful voyage. The game involves a race where crew members must drink a full cask of ale as fast as they can. The crew members who finish their cask first win the race.

The Cask Race is not only a test of drinking ability, but also of endurance and mental strength. It is seen as a way to build camaraderie among the crew and to celebrate the hard work they have put in during their voyage.

THE NAVY HYMN

The Aaunic Royal Navy has a traditional chant/song known as the Navy Hymn. The Navy Hymn is sung by the crew during important ceremonies such as the commissioning of a new ship, the promotion of an officer, or the laying of a wreath in honor of fallen comrades.

The Navy Hymn is a solemn and respectful song that honors the sacrifices made by those who serve in the Navy. It speaks to the bravery and courage required to face the dangers of the sea, and the importance of the Navy in protecting the nation's interests.

Verse 1: Oh hear us, Lord, we pray to thee As we set sail upon the sea Our ship is strong, our crew is brave Guide us safely through each wave

Chorus: For we are the sailors of the Aaunic Royal Navy Bound by duty, honor, and loyalty We stand united, through storm and strife Protecting our land and way of life

Verse 2: Our journey takes us far from shore To battle foes and win once more We face the unknown with steady hand And fight for freedom throughout the land

Chorus: For we are the sailors of the Aaunic Royal Navy Bound by duty, honor, and loyalty We stand united, through storm and strife Protecting our land and way of life

Verse 3: When our time on earth is done And we return to where we begun May our legacy be one of pride As we rest forever by the tide

Chorus: For we are the sailors of the Aaunic Royal Navy Bound by duty, honor, and loyalty We stand united, through storm and strife Protecting our land and way of life.

THE CROSSING OF THE SEAS

The Aaunic Royal Navy celebrates the successful completion of a voyage around the continent with a festival known as the "Crossing of the Seas". This festival marks the end of the training period for a new class of navy men who are graduating to become full members of the crew. It is a time of great celebration, camaraderie, and honor.

The festival begins with a grand parade through the town, led by the ship's captain and crew. The new graduates are adorned in their finest uniforms, carrying the flags of the United Kingdom of Aaun and the Aaunic Royal Navy. They march alongside their fellow crew members who have successfully completed the journey around the continent.

After the parade, the crew gathers for a grand feast in honor of the occasion. Tables are set with the finest foods and drinks, including roasted meats, fresh fruits, and ale. The captain gives a speech, recognizing the hard work and dedication of the new graduates and the entire crew who sailed the seas with them. They are presented with their official certificates, recognizing their successful completion of the training period and welcoming them as full members of the Aaunic Royal Navy.

The festival continues with various games and competitions held throughout the day. The crew participates in a rowing competition, testing their strength and endurance as they race against one another in the sea. There is also a target-shooting competition, where the crew showcases their accuracy and skill with a bow and arrow. The winners of these competitions are presented with special awards, recognizing their talents and contributions to the crew.

As the day comes to a close, the crew gathers for a final ceremony. A bonfire is lit on the beach, and the crew sings sea shanties and traditional songs, celebrating their journey around the continent and the new members who have joined their ranks. The festival concludes with a spectacular fireworks display, lighting up the sky with vibrant colors and patterns. It is a joyous celebration, marking the beginning of a new chapter for the Aaunic Royal Navy and its crew.

IV. OATH OF SERVICE

The Oath of Service is said when one wishes to join the Aaunic Royal Navy.

“I, [state your name], solemnly swear to uphold the honor and integrity of the United Kingdom of Aaun. As a member of the Royal Navy, I pledge to defend our country, our people, and our freedom.

I will serve with courage, valor, and honor, always putting the needs of our nation before my own. I will never waver in the face of adversity, and will remain steadfast in my duty to protect our land, both at home and abroad.

I will uphold the traditions and values of the Royal Navy, always striving to be the best that I can be. I will work tirelessly to improve my skills and knowledge, always seeking to learn from those around me.

I will show respect and dignity to my fellow sailors, treating them with the same level of honor and integrity that I expect from them. I will be a role model and a leader, setting an example for others to follow.

Above all, I will remain loyal to the United Kingdom of Aaun, and will always be ready to put my life on the line in defense of our great nation. This is my solemn oath, and I will uphold it with every breath I take.”

REQUIREMENTS OF PLACEMENT 

Each recruit will be placed under supervision of their own respective Petty Officer, it will be the Petty Officer’s duty to assign a task for each trait of requirement. Once the recruit has finished a task for each trait, he will set sail around the continent with the rest of his graduating class, landing back at the ports of Aaun to join in the festival of “The Crossing of the Sea”.

Selflessness: As a member of The Aaunic Royal Navy, you must demonstrate a selfless commitment to serving the needs of the crew and the greater mission of the navy. This means placing the needs of others above your own and being willing to sacrifice personal comfort and convenience for the good of the team.

Humbleness: A critical aspect of being a successful member of The Aaunic Royal Navy is demonstrating humility and a willingness to learn. You must be open to constructive feedback and always strive to improve your skills and knowledge. This includes being humble enough to admit when you are wrong or when you need help, and being willing to ask for assistance when needed.

Kindness: Members of The Aaunic Royal Navy are expected to treat their fellow crewmates with kindness, respect, and compassion. This includes demonstrating empathy for others, actively listening to their concerns and ideas, and working collaboratively to find solutions to problems.

Resourcefulness: The Aaunic Royal Navy requires members to be resourceful and adaptable in the face of challenges. This means being able to think creatively and outside of the box to find solutions to problems, and being willing to take calculated risks to achieve the mission. You must be able to work with limited resources and find ways to make the most of what you have available.

Determination: Finally, members of The Aaunic Royal Navy must demonstrate unwavering determination in the face of adversity. This means being resilient in the face of setbacks and failures, and staying committed to the mission even when the going gets tough. You must be willing to push through difficult times and never give up on your goals or the greater mission of the navy.

APPLICATION

Name:

Race:

Prior Relevant Experience:

Spoiler

OOC

IGN:

Discord:

APPLICATION

Name: Richard Enthelor 

Race: Highlander

Prior Relevant Experience: merchant sailor, descendant of first Haensetic admiral Ithilian Enthelor 

OOC

IGN: Juststan147

Discord: Juststan147#7503

(Real life Navy officer and mineman sailor let’s goo)

Edited by Juststan147

[!] The application would be sent privately to the relevant naval authorities.

Name: Vylandris

Race: High Elf

Prior Relevant Experience: Fisherman, Wayfarer, Cartographer, Navigator, Rower

Spoiler

IGN: Crevel

Discord: Crevel#9266

876779229424017408.gif?size=48&quality=lossless

1 hour ago, Juststan147 said:

APPLICATION

Name: Richard Enthelor 

Race: Highlander

Prior Relevant Experience: merchant sailor, descendant of first Haensetic admiral Ithilian Enthelor 

1 hour ago, Crevel said:

!] The application would be sent privately to the relevant naval authorities.

Name: Vylandris

Race: High Elf

Prior Relevant Experience: Fisherman, Wayfarer, Cartographer, Navigator, Rower

[!] A letter has delivered to both applicants.

"Best applicant,

Having received your application for becoming one of the Aaunic Royal Navy, the Sea-Lords have decided and discussed to let you within our ranks. You will be receiving a message in the briefest of delays. 

Welcome to the fleet, brethren.

Signed,

Caius Godwin Alstion,

Vice-Admiral of the Aaunic Royal Navy"

Name: Robyrt Taranis

Race: Heartlander

Prior Relevant Experience: Born and raised on an island, fisherman, port defender, experienced in killing pirates/privateers

Spoiler

IGN: Moorephine
Discord: Morphine#1337

17 minutes ago, Morphine said:

Name: Robyrt Taranis

Prior Relevant Experience: Born and raised on an island, fisherman, port defender, experienced in killing pirates/privateers

Reveal hidden contents

IGN: Moorephine
Discord: Morphine#1337

[!] A bird could be seen, a letter dropped from skies.

"Dear applicant,

After review and thought from the Sea-Lords, we have decided to let you in within our ranks to become one among the many deckhands within the Aaunic Royal Navy. A note will be sent your way shortly.

Welcome to the fleet.

Name: Henry Charles

Prior Relevant Experience: Not much of note, yet. Is training hard, though!

11 minutes ago, Frymark said:

Name: Henry Charles

Prior Relevant Experience: Not much of note, yet. Is training hard, though!

[!] A letter would be delivered bearing the seal of the Aaunic Royal Navy.

"Dear Applicant,

After the Sea-Lords have reviewed your application we will welcome you within our ranks within the briefest of delays.  You will alongside the new recruits be trained to become a man at sea.

Welcome to the fleet."