Report on the Attenlund swamp

ImDrippedJr

Report on the Attenlund swamp

w9vNAzqEOMx83pS6w_vmwBpak5SW5xwdb9iNMjwlco14RqUdgJnHPHFgouqou4spnWcRv-Zj06hrJNNOkjaDJhF1s1DE_9hU1HGey-0zJIKuA07yTFAv28FxkkopQ7p3vcf3zZ_jtUibezHzKglKDmnGRLEDkRvA2Gt9SIQabVg7GFv3fs1ePmR_g0Fdyg

When a man or woman ascends into the ranks of the knights it’s known that, once they have completed their other trials, they are to be sent on their Bogatyr test. It is what every Page and Squire works for, looks out for, and prepares for. As I, Cirilla, had finally mastered the right skills it would take to be a dame I too had been sent to search for the Oracle and receive my test.  

As I moved through the swamp the ear-bleeding screech of a toad-like creature reached my ears. As I looked about, nothing, no one, was to be seen, yet. As I continued forwards, a torch and sword in hand, ready to strike whenever I needed, I stumbled upon a massive, slimy, toad-like creature. A Parhor of about 8 feet had been awaiting me, its eyes staring into my own. 

It immediately jumped forwards, Its massive body aiming to land upon me, crushing me with its massive weight. I barely escaped such an attack, as I was just able to roll backwards. With the little time, it gave me I reached for my belt, took a bottle of it, and threw a Will' O Bottle at it, setting its feet ablaze. Loud screeches of pain filled the silence of the swamp, as the creature then launched its head right into my chest, throwing me off the hill. Later I found out it caused a nasty cut: at the moment I did not notice, for it almost instantly grabbed me with its tongue. 

It dragged me forward, and I had barely time to pour some Flaming Salve over my sword. I set it ablaze using a stone on the ground, held it tight in my hand to then finally used it to cut off the Parhor’s tongue and set the remaining on fire. It shrieked once more, stumbling backwards a bit, away from the pain I had caused it. The beast, now in full pain, hadn't been paying enough attention, allowing me to throw a tanglefoot potion at it. It was now stuck in its place, giving me free space to deal the final blow at its chest. It fell down on the ground, its eyes black and lifeless. The beast of the Swamp had been defeated.

Cirilla

"You have grown into a fierce warrior, Cirilla." Sebastien said to himself as he finished the report. "The Order will benefit greatly from this one."

An old Knight at his desk reads over the report with his weary eyes. Grinning lightly and nodding after. "Well done... very well done kid."