Saulite Infiltration

Sander

Saulite Infiltration

A letter by a worried Clergyman

Saint Dominic and the Burning of the Heretical Books - Wikidata

To the Church of the Canon in general and her Inquisition specifically,

It has come to my attention that for years now, decades, perhaps nigh on a century, there has been a vile heresy subtly infiltrating the mainstream of the Canonist church. Hidden in plain sight, this festering must have survived generations of clergymen who perhaps never noticed, didn’t know any better or, God forbid, didn’t care. I am talking about works by the Saulites.

For those who are unaware or perhaps reading this as laymen, let me outline in a few brief sentences who the Saulites are. The Saulites are a heretical sect, a cult if you will, of Canonism. Their namesake is a man called Saul, described in the Scroll of Gospel to be of Horen’s tribe. In the gospel, Saul ignores the warnings of Julia and Horen about Iblees, going to speak with the latter. He gets tempted by Iblees and makes a deal, being given the appearance of Horen after which he sets about spreading sin among mankind, corrupting many. The Saulites are an evil sect, known for preaching false teachings, a lack of morality and a twisted sense of worshiping Evil. 

With that out of the way, how have these Saulites been infiltrating Canonism? Books. While spending time in several libraries, a particular title caught my eye; “Saulite Hymn”. When I first read that, I didn’t know who the Saulites were yet, but I recognized the name Saul from the Gospel and started my research. This hymn preaches a twisted mockery of the good Faith and I do not recommend anyone read its perversions. How these books came to be part of any canonist library’s collection is beyond me, but I assume there must have been a Saulite in the past who donated these books to a variety of libraries. The librarians didn’t know who the Saulites were but saw that this was a religious book, and thus put it among the other Canonist literature.

Now the real question here is; how widespread is this infiltration? Sadly, I can only give a partial answer to this. The aforementioned book, Saulite Hymn, is worryingly found in various libraries across Almaris. This, shockingly, includes the Library of the Holy See itself of all places. Thus, this specific book is quite widespread but if it is the only book, it is not a major issue one might say; simply get rid of this title. The issue is however: I fear we cannot be sure this is the only heretical book that sits in Canonist libraries. I traced the Saulite Hymn back to library records from at least 80 years ago, they might have been there sooner, and all this time they went unnoticed so who is to say that there aren’t more heretical books like this one: hiding in plain sight?

This brings us to the purpose of my letter. I wish to ask the Church and the Inquisition to take action on this matter. Of the Church I ask that this book, the Saulite Hymn, be removed from all Canonist libraries across the continent on the sinful charges of Peccat contra Fidem: Blasphemy, Heresy, Sacrilege, Incredulity and Peccat contra Mores: Saulicy. Of the Inquisition I would like to ask that they start an investigation into the literature that makes up the Religion sections of said libraries in an attempt to root out any other books that are based on Saulite or other heresies. These books have been read by laymen and clergymen alike, possibly even Acolytes studying to become Priests. They shape Canonists’ views of the Faith.

We cannot have heretical books infiltrate Canonist libraries, for such means they infiltrate the Canonist minds and ultimately the Canonist Faith itself.

Signed,

Arnaud de Novellen

The young Sarkozic Count understands the news with some optimism. "Good to see such rooted from the libraries before corrupting the youth."