Claim your Sorcerous Throne in Hohkmat

Minuvas

Minuvas_coat_of_arms_giant_magical_symbo

Come, Lords of Magic
and claim your throne of power over the Hakad

The time is now upon us, the Sorcerous seats of power over tribes of Hakad, the powerful Lord-Magisters of the City-States of Hohkmat and their thrones are now open for contest. A three month contest of power shall be held outside of the Khasari Oasis, in a sand-blasted and abandoned city, a place where errant magics will do little harm to people or wildlife. Map below.

All Magi, Wizards, Warlocks and Sorcerer's may compete to lead as Lord-Magisters of the nation. Competitors shall showcase their wealth, their power, and their following in whatever manner they believe justifies the granting of their own fiefdom and a seat among the Chamber of Lord-Magisters. Duels, great displays of magical proficiency, and artifacts are all acceptable forms of display. Entourages of mages are encouraged and a further display of one's power.  

The people of Hakad aim to be awed by the creative and powerful shows of magic of their potential Lord-Magisters.

Spectators welcome, merchants may deal freely from any realm to make business.

Minuvas_mage-duel_over_a_massive_desert_
"It was only a matter of time before the Sorcerers of Hohmkat got together and our Magical overlords began asserting themselves once more - soon the great displays of power are upon us. We shall revel in their power as they lead us into a great age of sorcery" - Anonymous spectator, remarking as two Sorcerers clash in a display of power before the audience as they attempt to assert themselves as the rightful rulers of the Hakad...

Rules of the Competition

I. Displays of Dark Magic are forbidden; though showcasing knowledge in the defeat mechanisms or scholarly understanding for the purposes of destroying dark magic is welcome. 

II. If chosen, you shall swear fealty to the Grand-Magister, Sorcerer-King of the City-States of Hohkmat, Hierophant of the Three Mysteries' and serve as advisor , potential successor and obedient to his decrees and the chamber of Stars in accordance with the mysteries. 

III. Are willing to accept the noble title of 'Lord/Lady Magister ' , or lesser noble title, shall move their familial house and establish a demesne in the to be determined lands of Hohkmat, leading a great age of sorcery in the coming era. 

IV. Shall forsake their old name and take up a moniker of their choosing. They shall submit a sigil of their house. 

V. Agree to take on students in teaching the Sorcerer's path from Hohkmat, none are required to be their apprenticed successor.

VI. Followers and adherents may participate in any display as a part of your entourage.

VII. Unless agreed by both parties, no displays of power shall result in the death of another.

VIII. You are a mage, or will be within 12 years (3 IRL months) of considerable talent (T3).
IX. You may participate in one, or all three, days of the competition but acknowledge the events are the same each day.
X. You have a passing knowledge of the City-States of Hohkmat and its ruling Mageocracy.

Application. Please leave your application at the Khasari Oasis (ooc: Below, all responses are IRP with exception of the OOC date), your application shall remain anonymous. We will accept day of applicants.

Name:

Desired Moniker (If enthroned as a Lord/Lady-Magister):

Date you wish to compete (You may choose more than one):

What are you wishing to compete for [Nobility Only // Lord/Lady-Magister // I wish to showcase my power to find a master or magical patron]:

Justification: Describe in general what justifies why the Hakad should agree to be subservient to you as a ruling member of our Mageocratic society - we look to you, great mages, to show your worth. Do you wield almighty Sorcerous power? Do you bring with you a vast entourage of magical students?  You possess powerful artifacts? Great wealth? 

Remember - we respect the powerful, the strong, the talented and the independent.

Screenshot_2023-05-02_201309.png

(OOC Info)

07MAY

08MAY

09MAY

3:00 - 4:00 PM EST

4:00 - 6:00 PM EST

4:00 - 6:00PM EST

(OOC: Interested in our little Mageocracy, we are building the group and are looking to join the server in force in 9.0 - come on down! )

https://discord.gg/rteb7Nt6eA

Name:

Helena de Viatge

Vapatia of Akritos

Old

All

What are you wishing to compete for:

Lady-Magister 

Justification:

"The Hakad would do well to notice the prowess I wield within my field. I have studied the arts of abyssal sorcery for decades, and seek only to try and further the society you wish to bring. It would be a great honour of mine to serve within the Chambers, and I do believe I can do well by the Grand-Magister and all others of the Hakad, due to my vast knowledge on subjects that others are so ignorant to.

I study the arts in practice, too, and can teach many of them to any potential students, as I have done to so many in the past."

Name:

Leo-Darwin

Lord Magister 

All

Lord, I desire to assist the city and ensure that we all live in equality and safety, and that no one abuses their magic

Justification:

Becoming a lord is an excellent way to gain social status and prestige. It can open up doors to many opportunities and give you access to influential people. Moreover, it allows you to take part in the governance of your country and be an important part of its history.

Edited by God farmer

11 minutes ago, alexmagus said:

Name:

Ibi

'Mercury'

Old

I'll see when I am free.

I will attend & compete as I see fit. 

Justification:

I have studied the Void for many years, and seek to hone my magicks against its invasive monstrosities. 

Name
Sulieronn Ashwood-D'Avre

Desired Moniker (If enthroned as a Lord/Lady-Magister)
Lord Magister, however I don't wish for people to have to call me such

Date you wish to compete (You may choose more than one)
Most likely all

What are you wishing to compete for
I wish to showcase my Magical Prowess and potentially gain a position in the city

Justification
To put it simply, I am one of the greatest in the magical field. I've created the art known as Veil Watching, an ability that allows Mages to keep track of the Veil and its integrity. Magic has been something I've wielded for almost a century now, I'm a little less than 6 years away from that marker, and it shows as my strength and knowledge have expanded. I wish to aid in the leading of new mages and ensure that they too can see the true use of the Void and what it has to offer.

It is not those who lack power, who are weak, but those who have it and lack the knowledge to use it.

Name: Valindra Nullivari

Desired Moniker (If enthroned as a Lord/Lady-Magister): TBD 

Date you wish to compete (You may choose more than one): Any of the above

What are you wishing to compete for [Nobility Only // Lord/Lady-Magister // I wish to showcase my power to find a master or magical patron]: Any of the above. Primarily Lady Magister.

Justification: One of the first Veil-Watchers on Almaris, I served as Okarir'Maehr to Haelun'or, Court Mage in the Orenian Empire, Court Mage in Celia'nor and became the first female elven member of the Empire of Man's Privy Council on Atlas. A mage of over two centuries, and survivor and leader of the resistance of the past three voidal incursions.

Name: Elanor Sarkozy Melphestaus 

Desired Moniker: TBD

Date you wish to compete:

7th and 8th

What are you wishing to Compete for:

I wish to show my potential as a Noble Lady-Magister and how I may contribute to the Mageocracy.

Justification:

Magic is chaotic, however, it is beautiful. I wish to show the people that some of the most deadliest of things, have beauty in them as well. I want to show them that magic is not to be feared and to not let it take over them. I want to create a safe, supervised and magic-friendly environment where masters and students alike can come together, or alone, to practice their magical prowess in a safe way. For a more combative practice, I want to have an arena of some sort that will benefit the training of combative sorcerers and keep those who wish to stay out of combat safe.

Name
Sarrin Isilioleth

Desired Moniker (If enthroned as a Lord/Lady-Magister)
TBD

Date you wish to compete (You may choose more than one)
All involved. I wish to make a showcase of myself, not simply act as a one-trick pony.

What are you wishing to compete for
I wish to showcase my power, my skill and gain a position in the city, if not a master of some sort. Failing that, gaining some useful artefacts, relics or heirlooms to keep safe and use with honour and righteousness would be a beautiful compromise.

Justification
I am a veteran of discerning the transmundane, of fighting magic and discovering it. I keep several relics on my person and in my possession, and it is important that I discover more for preservation, and to ensure the mageocracy's stability and security, Luara willing. Without the first mystery to define the rules of magic, the third mystery of the sorcerous path would not exist. To allow these mysteries to guide, to seek enlightenment and follow the trail of knowledge ad infinitum is the true path to mastery, and mastery is what I seek, to understand the simplest question that is hardest to answer. Why. Heading the Chamber of Fire is something I would fight and die for - the duty of protecting the Grand Magister - a duty fitting for one raised in the shadow of a volcano.

Name: Euleriphis Roui Tawarenion de Melphestaus

Desired Moniker: N/A | TBD

Date you wish to compete: Monday, May 8th

What are you wishing to compete for: I wish to compete for the sake of knowing and understanding where I would place within this Mageocracy. While I am competent in my skills, I understand that many mages have lived for longer than my bloodline. The opportunity to meet and learn from these mages is wonderful, and it's equally as brilliant to be able to prove myself and potentially be able to guide mages younger than myself as they grow and discover their curiosity for magic, as I did. Alongside this, I also wish to bring a knowledgeable medic to the mageocracy. 

Justification: As an elf that has decided to live within the human nations for many decades, I have been able to hone my skills as a mage, leader, and combatant quick. Within Haense, I have lived as a Squire, and led as the Second-Highest role within their Brotherhood as a Captain. All of that honed my skills before I inevitably departed to pursue the void and all it has to offer. As time has progressed, I've worked to assist kingdom's such as Haense, Balian and Celia'nor. Furthermore, I have also been able to assist places like Lurin and Vortice. Especially recently, through these sieges, I have worked to assist kingdom's both combatively and medicinally. Currently acting as the Surgeon General of Haense, overseeing the affairs of human's health, I have plenty of successors that can cover my position as I begin furthering my knowledge of the void once more.

Name: Briga Irongut

Desired Moniker: Lady-Magister

Date you wish to compete: Today!

What are you wishing to compete for: Lady-Magister, I seek to leave behind my country of origin for one that focusses more on magic and magical theory, so that I may have the resources needed to further my studies.

Justification: A country devoted to magic is something I've dreamed of since I was but a Beardling, and as I've grown as a Mage the desire to be a part of such a body has not waned. I am a master of many magics, perhaps the most talented Mage among my race, with an interest in magical theory and body augmentations to further my craft. I consider myself an enchanter primarily, and I believe that were I able to achieve nobility among this burgeoning kingdom I would be able to utilize the resources afforded me to enhance the my craft and that of my fellow Magi.