Mens mental health month

MisterBlitzkrieg

9 minutes ago, RIGOR said:

That also means being mindful that many people who reiterate talking points about not knowing about the month or some other crazy sh*t don't understand that it's intended that way by design. The other men in your strata of society are calling you a p*ssy or a b*tch if you choose to tend to your mental health in a meaningful way. Yeah, there's some people from other backgrounds who do it too; but overwhelmingly we (as men) are making a lot of choices that propel this toxicity forwards, and even accelerate it in our friend circles for the most part.

I appreciate that people are thinking about this, but to be honest to me it's not that deep. It shouldn't require a dive onto the LoTC forums for people to find community on this issue. I heavily encourage all of you to take this post, compartmentalize it while making note of some of the talking points, and then choose to bravely live your truth however you see fit. Whether that means going to the gym for strength training or aesthetics, adjusting your diet, getting a new job, getting a new partner, whatever. 

If there's people in your life that perpetuate these outdated norms, learn to accept your differences and recognize that the person saying/doing those things is as equally f*cked up as you are. We're all brothers in this. Even the women too, because how women and people on the intersectionality ladder are treated is absolutely and fundamentally ridiculous. The truth is, yeah it sucks society is set up in a way that is destructive towards women, and destructive towards poor men -- but it's not going away unless everybody chooses to change the norms and push the boundaries for what is/isn't acceptable in the public sphere. 

If you want to cry, cry. If you want to be mad, be mad. Just don't fall into some r*tarded Jordan Peterson pipeline. He used vulnerable mens' money to buy a f*cking hair transplant because he's huffing copium 24/7. Tate? C'mon, there's more to life than kickboxing and swindling weak-chinned obese beta males on Tik Tok. It's not "Cultural Marxists" (Jews), new social norms, or women doing this - this is the culmination of hundreds of years of cultural devolution. The suppression of treating people as human beings in order to desensitize people to the plights of others. It's not Capitalism, it's not Communism, it's the brutishness of the norms imposed on those of us who are "without". Within any economic framework, there are those who have, and those who are without. Without status, without love, without peers. So find status, find love, find peers. Don't like how other men act or how some women act? Find a safe group of people and be vulnerable. Throw away your Razor keyboard and brush up on your socials. Think you're a socially uncouth freak? Good, go outside and learn anyway, it's leagues better than being on this sh*thole running away from your problems. And if people don't tolerate that and you're alone and feeling suicidal, f*ck that, I'd rather be alone in the woods for 50 years than be surrounded by morons.

Also I'm gay. 

I feel like a quear (why can we not type out this reclaimed word when using it in the appropriate context) man is in the perfect position to unite the messages of Men's Mental Health Month and Pride Month. You have done this masterfully.

Good post.

Spoiler

A Message to the Non-Believers: Mental Illness is Real - Wise Women Canada

20 minutes ago, Nectorist said:

I feel like a quear (why can we not type out this reclaimed word when using it in the appropriate context) man is in the perfect position to unite the messages of Men's Mental Health Month and Pride Month. You have done this masterfully.

I'm so glad this is having attention brought to it. Mental health is so important no matter the gender, but I have met so many wonderful men who have struggled so much and didn't have the confidence or support to seek help, and I've met so many people who lost a wonderful man in their life due to mental illness. All of you kings are so seen and so valid, and are never EVER alone, no matter what you might think or what society might tell you. Sending so much love to anyone going through a hard time, I know you've heard this before but it WILL get better <3

o7

Edited by CloudMagma