Mens mental health month

MisterBlitzkrieg

o7

Having a little brother in the armed forces along with several male friends, please talk to your bros. Don't laugh off the red flags or let them laugh it off either.

CW: SA/r*pe

Spoiler

I wholly agree that men's mental health does not get the attention it deserves & you pretty much said all that needs to be said. I think it's also worth raising awareness on male SA/r*pe when it comes to not speaking out. Something I've noticed in media is that when a male claims he was taken advantage of, his experience is beaten down by "you're so lucky, I wish I was you," or other dismissive and, to be frank, disgusting remarks. This also applies to media (movies, TV shows, or even YT) that perpetuates humor in SA/r*pe, using men as the punchline. It's very gross but very normalized.

I don't mean to be that person and I'm sure you didn't mean any harm by it, but your post would resonate with a lot more people if it didn't use women's mental health as a point of comparison. I'm not saying that it's not true that women on average receive much more validation, but it becomes very very easy to turn people away who might otherwise agree if it wasn't "men's mental health matters too," but rather "men's mental health matters." Not saying "too" makes the whole difference.

o7

o7. Blitz getting really deep today wowza! This is a topic that needed to be touched on and I feel that you said it really well. Big respect man.

november is mens mental health month

june 12-18 is mens health week

but yes positive message +1

14 hours ago, Lord_of_losers said:

november is mens mental health month

june 12-18 is mens health week

but yes positive message +1

June is Men's Health Month, November is Men's Mental Health Month. June is more focused around healthy living decisions, which plays a big part on both physical and mental health.

Either way, this message is a very strong and important one, and I'm glad someone made a post on it. Mental Health is a huge thing in my family, and my own Father has been my absolute rock and biggest supporter these last 3-4 years. He didn't learn the importance of mental health until he was in his late 30s, and has since been my goto anytime I am struggling with anything.

My little brother has also become a huge advocate for mental health, and regularly posts uplifting and positive messages encouraging others to speak up or reach out to him when they are in need of help or guidance. This began when he was only 15-16 years old.

I am incredibly proud of the men in my family. They have faced and endured a lot on their own, and are now closer and more open toward their family as a result. I cannot emphasise the importance of checking in on your friends and family any more than this.

i love men, be safe kings ur awesome - remember to drink water and reach out for help if you need it ily

That also means being mindful that many people who reiterate talking points about not knowing about the month or some other crazy sh*t don't understand that it's intended that way by design. The other men in your strata of society are calling you a p*ssy or a b*tch if you choose to tend to your mental health in a meaningful way. Yeah, there's some people from other backgrounds who do it too; but overwhelmingly we (as men) are making a lot of choices that propel this toxicity forwards, and even accelerate it in our friend circles for the most part.

I appreciate that people are thinking about this, but to be honest to me it's not that deep. It shouldn't require a dive onto the LoTC forums for people to find community on this issue. I heavily encourage all of you to take this post, compartmentalize it while making note of some of the talking points, and then choose to bravely live your truth however you see fit. Whether that means going to the gym for strength training or aesthetics, adjusting your diet, getting a new job, getting a new partner, whatever. 

If there's people in your life that perpetuate these outdated norms, learn to accept your differences and recognize that the person saying/doing those things is as equally f*cked up as you are. We're all brothers in this. Even the women too, because how women and people on the intersectionality ladder are treated is absolutely and fundamentally ridiculous. The truth is, yeah it sucks society is set up in a way that is destructive towards women, and destructive towards poor men -- but it's not going away unless everybody chooses to change the norms and push the boundaries for what is/isn't acceptable in the public sphere. 

If you want to cry, cry. If you want to be mad, be mad. Just don't fall into some r*tarded Jordan Peterson pipeline. He used vulnerable mens' money to buy a f*cking hair transplant because he's huffing copium 24/7. Tate? C'mon, there's more to life than kickboxing and swindling weak-chinned obese beta males on Tik Tok. It's not "Cultural Marxists" (Jews), new social norms, or women doing this - this is the culmination of hundreds of years of cultural devolution. The suppression of treating people as human beings in order to desensitize people to the plights of others. It's not Capitalism, it's not Communism, it's the brutishness of the norms imposed on those of us who are "without". Within any economic framework, there are those who have, and those who are without. Without status, without love, without peers. So find status, find love, find peers. Don't like how other men act or how some women act? Find a safe group of people and be vulnerable. Throw away your Razor keyboard and brush up on your socials. Think you're a socially uncouth freak? Good, go outside and learn anyway, it's leagues better than being on this sh*thole running away from your problems. And if people don't tolerate that and you're alone and feeling suicidal, f*ck that, I'd rather be alone in the woods for 50 years than be surrounded by morons.

Also I'm gay. 

Edited by RIGOR

5 minutes ago, RIGOR said:

That also means being mindful that many people who reiterate talking points about not knowing about the month or some other crazy sh*t don't understand that it's intended that way by design. The other men in your strata of society are calling you a p*ssy or a b*tch if you choose to tend to your mental health in a meaningful way. Yeah, there's some people from other backgrounds who do it too; but overwhelmingly we (as men) are making a lot of choices that propel this toxicity forwards, and even accelerate it in our friend circles for the most part.

I appreciate that people are thinking about this, but to be honest to me it's not that deep. It shouldn't require a dive onto the LoTC forums for people to find community on this issue. I heavily encourage all of you to take this post, compartmentalize it while making note of some of the talking points, and then choose to bravely live your truth however you see fit. Whether that means going to the gym for strength training or aesthetics, adjusting your diet, getting a new job, getting a new partner, whatever. 

If there's people in your life that perpetuate these outdated norms, learn to accept your differences and recognize that the person saying/doing those things is as equally f*cked up as you are. We're all brothers in this. Even the women too, because how women and people on the intersectionality ladder are treated is absolutely and fundamentally ridiculous. The truth is, yeah it sucks society is set up in a way that is destructive towards women, and destructive towards poor men -- but it's not going away unless everybody chooses to change the norms and push the boundaries for what is/isn't acceptable in the public sphere. 

If you want to cry, cry. If you want to be mad, be mad. Just don't fall into some r*tarded Jordan Peterson pipeline. He used vulnerable mens' money to buy a f*cking hair transplant because he's huffing copium 24/7. Tate? C'mon, there's more to life than kickboxing and swindling weak-chinned obese beta males on Tik Tok. It's not "Cultural Marxists" (Jews), new social norms, or women doing this - this is the culmination of hundreds of years of cultural devolution. The suppression of treating people as human beings in order to desensitize people to the plights of others. It's not Capitalism, it's not Communism, it's the brutishness of the norms imposed on those of us who are "without". Within any economic framework, there are those who have, and those who are without. Without status, without love, without peers. So find status, find love, find peers. Don't like how other men act or how some women act? Find a safe group of people and be vulnerable. Throw away your Razor keyboard and brush up on your socials. Think you're a socially uncouth freak? Good, go outside and learn anyway, it's leagues better than being on this sh*thole running away from your problems. And if people don't tolerate that and you're alone and feeling suicidal, f*ck that, I'd rather be alone in the woods for 50 years than be surrounded by morons.

Also I'm gay. 

FpyFaRhXgAYPycE.jpg