LotC Development Opinions

Aesopian

LotC Development Opinions  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want potions created through alchemy to have mechanical properties?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want there to be a mechanical system to create potions, and if so, should it exist alongside or as a replacement for the current roleplay-mediated system to generate potions?

• Yes, either would be acceptable.
    • Yes, but only if it replaced the roleplay-mediated system to generate potions.
    • Yes, but only if it existed alongside the roleplay-mediated system to generate potions.
    • No.
  3. 3. Do you think the server should be CRP default or defender default?

• CRP Default [Combat automatically defaults to CRP]
    • Defender Default [The defender in the combat chooses whether PVP or RP is used to decide the result]
  4. 4. Do you prefer raids default to CRP or PVP (or at the discretion of the leaders of the two parties involved)?

• CRP
    • PVP
  5. 5. Do you think it should be possible to create items with nonvanilla mechanical effects (e.g. a one-use grappling hook that could launch you up a wall)?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Would you prefer the current raid system, or one which is restricted to one raid per month, but completely unrestricted in player counts?

• Current Raid System
    • One Restricted to 1/month but without player number restrictions
  7. 7. Do you think the ST should be able to give players items with mechanical effects (e.g. a staff that can launch fireballs)?

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. Do you think players should be able to create, through either roleplay or a mechanical system, items with magical effects (e.g. a staff that can launch fireballs)?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. Do you believe the staff should work towards nonlinear antagonists (e.g. an undead nation which has a free casus beli to attack the living and gains PVP bonuses in warclaims when doing so, but is NOT garaunteed to end the map)?

• Yes
    • No
  10. 10. Do you think religion should have a greater role in national political mechanics (e.g. providing discounts to war claims under certain circumstances)?

• Yes
    • No

1. Would you want potions created through alchemy to have mechanical properties?

Yes, Why because I think it would be fun to have something new to help add to the story we are trying to tell with our characters. 

2. Do you want there to be a mechanical system to create potions, and if so, should it exist alongside or as a replacement for the current roleplay-mediated system to generate potions?

Yes, but only if it existed alongside the roleplay-mediated system to generate potions.

I won’t mind learning something else to use while making alchemy potions, but don’t take away our potion crafting!

3. Do you think the server should be CRP default or defender default?

CRP Default [Combat automatically defaults to CRP]

Because PvP goons looking to scratch that itch will go hounding the roads until they find some poor soul, antagonize them into drawing some kind of weapon first and then jump them with eight more dudes without warning because “It’s defender default and you were about to attack me!”. I’m speaking from experience. Back from when it was just defender default and I was a new player. PvP goons walk into a town to cause some disturbance. Guards come out to change them away “We weren’t doing anything and now we feel threatened!” then they will try to say PVP default because they are the ones being attacked. They actively exploited the rules, getting really upset when someone dared to say “I want CRP you are in my city.” to only then target that city until it dies because people just want to chill and have a good time after a long day at work. 

4. Do you prefer raids default to CRP or PVP (or at the discretion of the leaders of the two parties involved)?

CRP

It’s a ROLEPLAY server, If you want PVP go join a factions server. Or better yet, go find your buddies and PVP them in your part of the server. I am more than happy to sit in my small corner of this ever growing server and do some cooking emotes. 

5. Do you think it should be possible to create items with nonvanilla mechanical effects (e.g. a one-use grappling hook that could launch you up a wall)?

Yes, but only if you have to use lets say a few of these grappling hooks to get up where you need to go. Like you need at least 5 of them to get up a 100 ft wall. 

6. Would you prefer the current raid system, or one which is restricted to one raid per month, but completely unrestricted in player counts?

Current Raid System

Personally I wish people could pick to have in their city “we want to be conflict free, go pvp/crp somewhere else” If the player count was unrestricted it wouldn’t be a raid it would be a siege. An army should not be able to roll up to the gates of a city that would be a declaration of war.

7. Do you think the ST should be able to give players items with mechanical effects (e.g. a staff that can launch fireballs)?

Yes, fireball cool

Sand ring that can shoot sand, also cool 

Every cool to always add in new stuff when it helps to build up the roleplay story 

8. Do you think players should be able to create, through either roleplay or a mechanical system, items with magical effects (e.g. a staff that can launch fireballs)?

Yes, much like with alchemy, give me more to help add to roleplay! 

9. Do you believe the staff should work towards nonlinear antagonists (e.g. an undead nation which has a free casus beli to attack the living and gains PVP bonuses in warclaims when doing so, but is NOT garaunteed to end the map)?

Yes, however DO NOT PLAYER GATE! I’ve seen too many ST only do really cool events for their friends “It helps them with their story!” yet when someone else is like “Hey, I want to go into this dark cave myself that has an ST sign on it” they are told F off, this is for x group 

10. Do you think religion should have a greater role in national political mechanics (e.g. providing discounts to war claims under certain circumstances)?

No, if you are going to be big boys and girls there should be no discount over war due to religion. 

I wanna see Aesopian beta boss fights in main vs the leader of an undead nation.

******* goosebumps, would be awesome

I'll never trust RP to have mechanical influence because I know for a fact that as soon as you give that to things like alchemy, it's only pursued for the le epic buffs by people who don't gaf about RP and never for the actual niche or character interest. it's bad enough right now that a lot of people only use alchemy to spam potions for the mina grind, and incentivizing it through mechanics would only serve to make it more dull and unimpactful than it already is. we would see people/groups who would otherwise have no interest in this RP suddenly have an alchemy FA up within a day and it devolves into some of the most cancerous, bad-faith functions on the server

alchemy is just a good example but this goes for any other niche of RP that might become codependent or even reliant on mechanics. prominent examples of these happening are when we saw a tidalwave of olog CAs come in when defender default was removed, or when bandits and pvpers only played dark elves for the speed boost

my problem with religion points is that they don't actually represent anything in the fictive world, i.e. you can't "talk about them" in character like you could with minas in a bank account. they are just an abstraction, and one that's particularly immersion ruining for someone who wants to play politics or religion without 1,000,000 ooc rules and mechanics encroaching on your roleplay.

the church of the canon already does a good job generating causes for conflict on its own. it is the #1 powerbroker in the human world order right now. does it need an abstract currency to represent it? 

please get rid of "casus belli" from the war rules and just let people declare wars freely

IMO. Before we input a mechanical system for CRP or fights at all. CRP should be reworked into a better system. Aeso you're a great dev, and so is the rest of the team so I bet yall can do anything if you're allowed to by the supreme overlords of the high staff.