[✗] [Magic Lore] Druidic Communion & Control

RaiderBlue

17 hours ago, RaiderBlue said:

I can make the change although I think it is unneeded for a Soul Tree considering they have their own form of Ungrowth within the current lore. On the matter of Fae plants I find it strange that they don't have a means to move their plant on their own aswell. I'm not well versed in the lore for epiphytes but the way its being spoken about it appears there isnt one.

I am fairly sure the ungrowth in soul tree lore is the same ungrowth in communion and control. It's just stating the interactions of soul trees with that spell not a spell soul trees have innately.

Fae plants can be moved easily if they are small enough, which is one of the few advantages of choosing a vulnerable small plant over a large, hard to destroy one. If you don't have access to a druid it's technically possible to make a new plant but this is a strenuous process so epiphytes only do it if they are saving their plant from corruption essentially, so they still need ungrowing if they want to move their plant from place to place otherwise.

my hot take is that i think combative druidism is okay, so long as you aren't trying to take away flavour rp stuff it currently has.

On 6/21/2023 at 6:34 PM, Hyperdron said:

snip

Likely the final one of these before either rewrite is reviewed.

Singing:
It was created this way as it's purely a flavor spell that does almost nothing mechanically aside from if you are another druid able to percieve the shift in emotion. The thought of bloat is just a compromise to allow druids to still be a guided force or being able to act like they are releasing an outburst. Personally it might be minor bloat but to me it doesnt matter since the two core ideas are still being showcased.

Shillelagh & Radius Redlines:

Figured I got where you were coming from withe Shillelagh and shifted it about. With the redlining radius, I made such changes adding it to redlines. Don't think the difference of it being stated in a prior text blurb to redlines matters all that much as they constitute as the same thing at the end of the day.

Tree Stride:

Sure, I made the edits but I think the concern of metagaming seems extremely strange in the context of this spell. Considering it is the equivalent to a teleport that is instantinous when the spell is completed.

Druidic Limbs:

Honestly your concern about magical flame seems a bit unneeded, I was not the one who wrote the limbs but having mulled it over I think it is fine to sit as is. The limb is comprised of awakened living wood, so the comparison is slightly different from that of an entling which is essentially just a normal tree given the ability to walk about for a short period before falling apart.

Druidic Infusion:

To be honest I'm not a fan of combination enchantments, especially in the case of Druidism since only people with the magic can be effected by a number of the enchantments. I'll think about adding a general redline allowing them to exist on the same item but not impact one anothers mechanical use.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.