On the Current State of the Kingdom: La Cultura

Wavey

49ivZYDpUP-BwvCEV9rmOOygQYJl1nCAvvPqCVdYKCfpGETH2nzJECwRNjqIUAy7oTtc06m-dIMBFCOkuiBMaYNjc6mGgQfJqi7FadLc-ZVZvGlHpYqKDC2m7KYUoGUxvwZexjjvakSRazf1rtQuKhk

On the Current State of the Kingdom
Primer Address: La Cultura

14th of Sun’s Smile, 64 B.A.

yNeytkhDrlWgswGil7JTFkqjoaNcNGNJTsop7H-6a-7k1zGnAlyfjnsGk-7NayvAX1VsglWHDYgUQQeL6yxI1kxQBPnxlqAQwotIUkd7dotcolHCO1sFAzda6d-fEn9hhlQTewLBYsbGdH71ndv3rgI

mOTcD_PciTgTYiHM_RNoSl2QbuKv2W-X6R-erfjomhGKXfn0w1OcMBOg2FxhG-TB4dmfDmTb6zt6H25Zokv-4jqIJNgS_IxwJYtD5MctFi4iskSBTbm0pM8hS3UWKGZBp_HIk1_ECLOSQkE3G-PqSYc

As Balian enters into a new age within this new land, I have taken it upon myself to begin a new tradition. A tradition which I hope will provide further transparency between the Crown and its people. I dub this tradition the State of the Kingdom address. 

Sixty-three years ago, King John Casimir Novellen led the exiled patriots of the fallen Holy Orenian Empire to the southern lands of Almaris. From there on, he drove his sword upon the stone, proclaiming a new society for the expatriates of the fallen empire. The dream of King John and his followers for a new and proud nation, one of which follows the old Petrine ideals whilst ushering in a new age and rediscovery of the ancient Bathalite Kingdom, has been achieved and set forth even today as we, the descendents of our founders, strive to push forth the ideals of what it means to be Balianese. 

From thereon, we have successfully rediscovered and exemplified our culture to the known world. The identity of a Balianese has never been more clearer than now. Fe, Stat I Prosperitat is the Balianese motto of our identity, translating to “faith, state, and prosperity” in Common. These three pillars of the Balianese identity are essential to our culture. Faith, according to the Balianese, is a force and belief in the word of GOD and the belief of the advancement of mankind. Faith in our culture eclipses that of logic and reasoning. This unique view of faith is what drives our spirits to pursue further knowledge in medicine, technology and alchemy.

The Balianese loyalty and love for the State is what drives our nation onwards and keeps it alive in our hearts and minds. United in their love for the Kingdom and its virtues, the Balianese strive to further their nation and reach for the horizon.

Prosperity is the ideal goal of our nation. Bella gerant alii. Let other nations wage pointless wars whilst Balian focuses on cementing itself as the most reliable nation within the known world. Our commitment and reliability is what makes our presence prominent on the international scale.

The development of the Balianese language, in the naming conventions of our land: Portoregne, Costa Rubissimo, Monterosa, and many others have further proven that our culture and language has developed to stand on its own. Being a Balianese now means a citizen of Portoregne. A Balianese can now vividly describe the gentle breeze of the Costa Rubinissima or the maris otimo caught from its shores. The Balianese can proclaim their knowledge and mastery of the Balianese language and its various dialects, from Raevir-Balianese to its own elven cohort.

A Balianese citizen can proclaim their mastery of the Paraspadachin, Balian’s traditional style of fencing. They can boast about how they have won a few hundred florins during their gambling spree at last month’s Giostra, the Balianese joust.

Ergo, my fellow Balianese citizens, I am proud to stand before you today as a citizen of the Kingdom of Balian. Our kingdom has now obtained a rich history and culture, and it is a privilege to be a part of it.

As we look to the future, I am filled with a sense of optimism and excitement; for we must not rest upon our laurels. We must continue to push ourselves to reach new heights, explore new horizons, and embrace new challenges. Balian will continue to be a standing testament of perseverance and prosperity. Together, we can build an expansive future and create a legacy of customs, traditions and further history for generations to come. 

SIGNED, 
HIS ROYAL EXCELLENCY, Gaius var Ruthern, Viscount of Marsana, Amiratus of the Kingdom of Balian, Lord Seneschal of the Crown and Chief Minister of the Duana.

Rhys had wondered if his father came up with that speech on the spot, but this answered his questions.