[✗] [Alchemy] Grimhildr's Not so Grim Potions

__WaterFox__

Body Glue | Common (Tier 1)

Back Ground: After struggling with performing sutures and experiencing how painful clotting salve was Grimhildr decided to develop her own recipe better suited for keeping flesh where it should be.

Ingredients: 

-Beeswax base

1x Life

1x growth

2x Connection

2x strength

Creation: Warm beeswax till in liquid state then add each symbol still it is evenly distributed. Let cool in a covered container.

Effects: Body Glue is a salve that acts much like sutures in that it can be used to hold flesh wounds together, glue pieces of flesh back into place, or even teeth back into place. Once applied the wound must be held closed or pressed on for 3 emotes before it is sufficiently glued together.  Should the individual run, fight, or perform strenuous activities consistent with adventuring the Body Glue will fail.

-after application the wound must be held closed or tissue held on for 3 emotes

-Body glue cannot reattach organs

-Body Glue can only glue pieces of tissue no larger than a hand back onto the body

-Running, fighting, or strenuous adventuring will make the Body Glue fail

-Body Glue does not speed healing it merely glues things together in such a way healing can occur.

- Does not require ST Signing

Spülen Poultice | Common (Tier 3)

Background: After having been treated by having all her flesh painfully removed after being stabbed by a disease ridden beast and having to use subpar materials to treat an infection her alchemical teacher suffered from, Grimhildr realized there were no existing potions to handle such injuries. Using potions such as liquid purifier and the waters of life as inspiration she devised a recipe to tackle that not only would tackle infections, but diseases and venom.

Ingredients:

-Tea Leaves

x3 Separation 

x2 Purity

x2 Vigour

x1 Life

Creation: Combine powdered form of symbols to tea leaves and keep dry

Effects: Once soaked in water for 1 emote the poultice may be spread on an infected wound or a wound where venom was introduced. Over the course of 3 emotes all traces of infection, disease, or venom may be removed from the wound. The poultice however does not heal the wound.

-Must be soaked in water for 1 emote prior to use

-Can only draw venom, infection, or disease from an injury where the venom, infection, or disease was introduced.

-If disease is inflicted by an ST only creature it is up to ST discretion of this works

-Will not heal the wound itself or any damage already done by venom or disease

-Does not requires ST signing

Blutverdunner | Common (Tier 1)

Background: Related to more of her woes with sutures, Grimhildr developed this potion to make the suturing process cleaner. Surgeons within the Society of St.Julia has also enjoyed using it to control bleeding during procedures.

Ingredients:

Aqua vitae base

2x Clarity

1x Purity

1x Reduction

1x Impediment

Creation: Combine symbols one by one into a bowl of cool aqua vitae

Effects: A favorite for easily discerning the extent of trauma, blutverdunner is splashed or sprayed onto a wound such as a gash or open fracture any remaining blood will drip away to expose the wound with greater detail. The wound will also cease bleeding for three emotes by way of constricting the blood vessels in a way that is uncomfortable for the patient.

-Can only be used on open wounds

-Clears away any blood in wound

-Ceases bleeding for only 3 emotes

-Does not require ST signing

Blutstau Tincture | Common (Tier 2)

Background: While pouring over texts to devise protocols for the medics of the Society of St. Julia, Grimhildr discovered a gap in alchemical capabilities for stabilizing patient’s with internal injuries. Knowing the difficulty of finding magical healers and the complexities of organ mender, this recipe was devised with the goal of making sure the patient would remain alive long enough to reach more advanced treatments.

Ingredients:

2x Connection

1x Life

1x Impediment

1x Balance

Creation: Combining all symbols with brandy or rum the alchemist will aggressively shake it in a bottle then allow to cure for the next few days.

Effects: When drank like a shot the tincture will spread to all sources of internal bleeding and cease them. This effect takes course over two emotes at which point the user will feel chilly and weak. The tincture lasts for 1 ooc hour and may be take consecutively without issue, but taking more than one dose within a 1 ooc hour time span the user may die unless a potion such as hemo flow is administered.

-After taking the tincture the user will feel cold and unable to do more than walk or other mundane activities

-The patient must be conscious enough to swallow the tincture 

-Does not heal internal injuries

-If any new injuries are incurred after taking this tincture the potion will cease working

-Death will result if taken more than once in a 1 ooc hour time span unless hemo flow is administered.

-Does not affect open injuries

-Does not reduce swelling. Signs of compartment syndrome must be relieved other ways

-More a friendly authors note, but closed fractures induce internal bleeding

-Does not require ST signing

6 minutes ago, __WaterFox__ said:

Effects: When drank like a shot the tincture will spread to all sources of internal bleeding and cease them. This effect takes course over two emotes at which point the user will feel chilly and weak. The tincture lasts for 1 ooc hour and may be take consecutively without issue, but taking more than one dose within a 1 ooc hour time span the user may die unless a potion such as hemo flow is administered.

Stopping all internal bleeding sounds like something that should be ST signed to me, forgot to point that out beforehand

1 minute ago, Nilyeet said:

Stopping all internal bleeding sounds like something that should be ST signed to me, forgot to point that out beforehand

I mean organ mender actually heals internal injuries and I don't believe it requires ST signature. This potion is pretty much used for stabilization and not much else.

I just think we have enough healing potions,

maybe die on the medical bed once or twice.

1. Refer to Lectorate Pack II. Insta-Patch. Refer to Essential Oils Glue Oil and we have Amberriddle herbs.

2. Hnggghgg. See... no... reason to have a fix all potion for niche scenarios. Skill issue tbh if u die to a ST disease just powergame not getting hit!!

3. Organ Mender plus mundane herbs that I don't remember. 

4. No. You already know why. More commonly known as 'skill issue' if you can't control bleeding and suture them with the 2957 gazillion herbal combinations and alchemy shit to do it.

Body Glue | Common (Tier 1) is already covered by several methods and is redundant
Spülen Poultice | Common (Tier 3) is covered by fervor concentrate
Blutverdunner | Common (Tier 1) is covered by an herb (forget the name)
Blutstau Tincture | Common (Tier 2) simply too powerful. If it were upped to an ST signature or at least uncommon knowledge, maybe. There are a lot of ways you can stop the internal bleeding though, and a simple "shot" shouldn't be the end to a medical treatment that severe. 

I like the thought process though, so keep on keeping on!

16 hours ago, Liam5232 said:

Body Glue | Common (Tier 1) is already covered by several methods and is redundant
Spülen Poultice | Common (Tier 3) is covered by fervor concentrate
Blutverdunner | Common (Tier 1) is covered by an herb (forget the name)
Blutstau Tincture | Common (Tier 2) simply too powerful. If it were upped to an ST signature or at least uncommon knowledge, maybe. There are a lot of ways you can stop the internal bleeding though, and a simple "shot" shouldn't be the end to a medical treatment that severe. 

I like the thought process though, so keep on keeping on!

Blutverdunner was meant to be a clarifier. To my knowledge rubbing tippen's on a wound would obscure it. Organ mender actually heals organs and does not require st signature. There are also are no ways of stopping internal injury short of killing or otherwise harming the patient.

On 8/10/2023 at 2:40 AM, __WaterFox__ said:

Blutverdunner was meant to be a clarifier. To my knowledge rubbing tippen's on a wound would obscure it. Organ mender actually heals organs and does not require st signature. There are also are no ways of stopping internal injury short of killing or otherwise harming the patient.

Medical alchemy is strong enough as is and not being able to perfectly and safety heal something like internal damage with alchemy is a good thing.

Patients dying on you creates character development, patients surviving with what would be a horrible experience irp that isn’t magically fixed gives them character development.

Even then you have healing magics that can heal internal wounds, but often times something like healing magics forces some people to expand to other places and people irply. It generates interactions, especially with cultural healing like farseer where it’s more than just one and done healing. Often times they will ask for offerings to their spirit, religious conversion, etc.

End all be all cures and healing in the form of a potion is pretty bland. Scuffed surgery rp is the most fun medical related rp I’ve ever had, and I think there should be more of that vs medical alchemy buffs

7 hours ago, Aehkaj said:

Medical alchemy is strong enough as is and not being able to perfectly and safety heal something like internal damage with alchemy is a good thing.

Patients dying on you creates character development, patients surviving with what would be a horrible experience irp that isn’t magically fixed gives them character development.

Even then you have healing magics that can heal internal wounds, but often times something like healing magics forces some people to expand to other places and people irply. It generates interactions, especially with cultural healing like farseer where it’s more than just one and done healing. Often times they will ask for offerings to their spirit, religious conversion, etc.

End all be all cures and healing in the form of a potion is pretty bland. Scuffed surgery rp is the most fun medical related rp I’ve ever had, and I think there should be more of that vs medical alchemy buffs

Most of these are by no means end all be all cures. They are for the most part stop gaps designed for field medic rp or to make surgery rp more interesting. If you'll note none of these potions actually accelerate healing save the poultice. I should also clarify organ mender is an already existing potion that heals damaged organs, my potion only stabilizes internal injuries for potential further care.