[Complete] Report (xo31 (me), Cain, ScoutTheWitch, Snavier)

xo31

Player(s) Involved

xo31 (me), Cain, ScoutTheWitch, Snavier

Explanation

A player called 'Cain' attacked another player (Snavier) in a mugging which I did not witness, so I can not directly attest to, but allegedly they tried to powergame knocking them out instantly. They then decided to initiate an rp by 'shooting someone (ScoutTheWitch) in the head', and proceeded to argue for around 15 minutes that they should die instantly. After they eventually agreed to just rolling, which I still believe is unreasonable for a character's instant death, we chased them onto the roof. They then argued for around half an hour that half of the people on the roof shouldn't even be allowed up there, and most people just gave up because they were so tired of the arguing at this point. Then, we continued the rp until eventually they jumped off of the wall, and argued yet again that they should survive, (17 block fall -3 from water, still equals 14 and a broken leg). And then when I jumped on top of them, they argued that I should be injured and not be able to catch them into the water due to being a construct, and then proceeded to argue nearly every move I took to make sure that they weren't gonna be caught, even arguing when a player AGREED to roll, despite it not being a roll combat, and passed the roll, hitting them with an attack, that they shouldn't be able to get hit. When I told them they should try and allow other people to have fun during RPs, they started going off and saying that they had actually not argued everything that they could've and that they've been 'rping for a long time, so they should know'. Overall, I found that they were arguing almost every move and dragged the rp on just until we got tired of arguing and allowed them to win.

Rules broken: 
Not following RP guidelines, give & take rule
Powergaming, and arguing that their players should be able to do plenty of things, and ours shouldn't.
If it's all that important: didn't follow the combat rule of a broken leg at 12 blocks (17-3 = 14), however I didnt do this either because I didn't feel like checking the rules. However, I have corrected that by giving my character a broken leg in post once he was found passed out.

Relevant Material

Evidence

Didn't get any screenshots, but there was quite a few witnesses (ScoutTheWitch, Snavier,) and some people who I dont know the IGN of

The city of Valdev in Haense.

07/24/23

Evidence of uncooperative conduct.

Evidence

None provided.

Before posting on this thread, please review the Report Rules.

Will be looking over this report in the coming days and reaching out to Cain since they are not active on the forums.

Here's the evidence I already showed to Burnsider privately:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VM6VBByljGkT5TjW3yZDolFk-lpz1R1RJcr7Acg-ehA/edit

image.png

They already looked over the matter privately and came to a few conclusions about such, I'm certain you can ask them what they said as I don't want to paraphrase or misinterpret their words.

Honestly unsure if he had the crossbow in one of his rings or how he got it, but eather way took his spear away icly before he entered just saying that [yea unsure if he bought a wepon or had one in his ring but noting that in case he used the spear also?]

And not to mention I think he was also in armor while jumping into the water like the construct so if he wants to argue they couldnt swim likely he couldnt as well? To be fair I only seen him briefly but yea that's also good to say in case [yea clearly metal armor to me from looking at name mc. And compared to the construct, dude wouldnt be able to just go down along the bottom as no need for air or alike]

Edited by Jaslaw

There is also evidence of him triple emoting constantly to attempt to KO me after attempting to power game one emote KOing. [Mind you, I wasn't hit in the head with any other emotes] 
2023-07-24_14.06.47.png

Per @Burnsider request putting this here as well -

image.png

image.png

To clarify - Blue Fire takes two emotes of exposure over a vital area, such as the chest or head, to kill a character normally. In no way should it have killed on the first emote, nor does it induce any seizures or actions that would make Cain's character act in such a way. The Character would've had to willingly beat their own head against something.

Normal Voidal Fire Redlines:

image.png

Blue Fire Redlines:

image.png

Hey all! Reached out to Cain and gave them some time to reply to the report here if they wanted to, but it's been a sufficient amount of time since then so here we go.

A couple pieces of this report have already been spoken for by other mods so I'll cut to the parts of it that haven't been taken care of. Which would be the RP guidelines, or the attitude in looc chat over the roleplay happening and the blue fire edition to the report. We'll start with the later.

There was arguments and disagreements about whether or not the roleplay reaction to being burned alive should be considered a staff enforced PK. Speaking amongst the team the death in our eyes was bound to happen regardless and what happens falls more in lines with a forced suicide. If you have questions about this and want to have a more in-depth conversation into our reasoning you can reach out to me in dms, there will not be an enforced pk against Cain.

To recap on some of the behavior over the crossbow rp and the core complaints of the report there are really two things I want to touch on. If you are unable to come to an agreed outcome over roleplay it is not appropriate to threaten people or be condescending and rude. This is a game that is meant to be fun and enjoyable and part of this game is sometimes having character interactions that do not go in your way. In the case of Cain's behavior they should have just resulted to a modreq and not instigated things in looc. There is a difference between trying to kindly suggest and correct or leave the situation altogether to file a report versus demanding and being entitled for people to obey and listen to your opinions on the crp. It is a two way street and there were other people engaging in looc that should have just held their comments back and let it be handled by a mod.

Reports, whether through a modreq or one like this on the forums, are the best way to have matters resolved if a middle ground can't be found. Cain will be left off with a warning for their behavior. If you have any questions about the report in general my DMs are open!