SupaSaMM

Minecraft IGN(s):

Awesam5555

Discord:

awesam5555

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

borderline explicit rp and inappopriate oocly behavior https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1094393344941105283/1134486459609514075/image.png

What circumstances led to this ban?

So, from what I was told there were two fair circumstances that lead to this ban. The first circumstance that led to this ban occured during a murder mystery/cult event that I was running. During that event, I made one of my male npcs kiss another male npc, while they were on top of two unconscious players (whose names I will leave out for obvious reasons aka don't want to give names of people who don't feel comfortable talking about it) who they had knocked out. One of the players who although not knocked out was present expressed his uncomfortability of that and I reacted negatively oocly. My behavior oocly in responding and adressing the players uncomfortabality was inexcusable and for that I am sorry for doing that. At the time, I didn't see the fault in it and at first I thought the issue was that the npcs were gay that was the problem and then after realizing the fact it was, I didn't realize that it would be seen as problematic and so oocly my behavior was unacceptable. In the future, if I am put in that situation where a player adresses to me his uncomfortability in an event that I am a part of, my reaction will be to adress that player's uncomfortabilty and fix the rp accordingly in such a way that it is acceptable and not inexecusable. The second circumstance that led to my ban was during a different roleplay occurance that had occured some months prior. To bring some context, into it, my character had been injured in some past roleplay from the day before where his leg had gotten stabbed and during that event I emoted that the character had a "bulge in his pants" because in my mind my character would have been wearing the standard clothes of that balian era and since the bandaging had been quite bad, the bandaging around the wound would have created a literal bulge sticking out of his leg. I was in no way trying to make something out of that or imply anything of that nature and I had thought that I had put enough context into my emote to explain that this wasn't something sexual but more of a demonstration of my character having been wounded but still choosing to not be defined by his wounds and still choosing to go about his day. Clearly, I did not think that though and for that I am sorry. I should have either just not typed that in, or used better wording to explaIN that and for that i am sorrry and in the future I will just either try and use better english or just not type that in given that it obviously as it would make people uncomfortable.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I don't disagree with the reasoning of my bad in anyway. The instances that I talked did indeed warrant my ban and for that I think it was fair I did make people feel uncomfortable and its fair that I was banned. The only aspect of my ban that I did have a bit of a problem with was that when I did get banned it had been several months after I emoted about that bulge in my pants, which did cause some initial confusion as I had to go back and see what that one meant when I asked. ANd I just think that when I had emoted it, and since the mods had taken into record that it would have been nice to have been told by a mod that how I wrote it, could be seen as problematic when I had emoted instead of holding onto it and then having it added to my ban seveal months after I had done it. My ban was fair, I just think it would have been nice to have a conversation with a mod or have a mod talk to me the very moment that I had made that "bulge in my pants emote" emote that contributed to my ban as it happened or the day or even the week after instead of like some months later when my memory was a bit fuzzy on that one and that makes a bit hard to address in this appeal.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I do like roleplaying on this server. There's a lot of great peeps on this server who I always like talking with and roleplaying with. I have made some good friends on this server and I enjoy LOTC. I like the idea of a being in a server like this that cares about its people and that like actually spends the time and effort to make great roleplay to create a fun atmostphere and I overall really do like being in LOTC and the nations and the culture that's been formed here since like 2011 (although, I have only been around it for like a couple months, I really did enjoy being on this server)!

Attach other relevant information.

For the people that I made uncomfortable in my roleplay and oocly I just want to apologize from the bottom of my heart. I wasn't trying to make anyone uncomfortable and for that I am just really sorry. And for those people that are reading this appeal and did feel uncomfortable with the things that I have done and want to speak with me about how I made them feel... feel free to do so! I think we all benefit from an open and honest conversation with each other and how we have made each other feel in real life and ig

Upon reviewing this appeal and discussing it, moderation team would like to inquire of you:

• What will you do differently to avoid defaulting back to this behavior?

• Players have expressed that you repeatedly messaged them and followed them places in-game, whilst displaying these kinds of unsettling behaviors. Is there anything you'd be able to say to put them at ease that this behavior would not continue?

I would also like to ask the following.

Knowing that what you have done is wrong and that you have made many people uncomfortable with your actions, what would you say to them (in detail) about what you have done?

Why is it that these types of obscenities were present in your RP for so long, to the point that your entire reputation is founded principally on people responding negatively (and understandably so) to your strange behavior and insinuations in-game and over personal messaging?