[✗] [Playable CA] Zar'akal — Kings of the High Hells

Unwillingly

2 hours ago, Papa Rock said:

"They will find themselves as strong as an Uruk now" - "a Naztherak, matching the peak strength of their original descendant race"

I don't understand, does this mean outside of casting a spell, they are as strong as an Uruk, but while casting they are at the peak of their race?

This is a mistake I'm yet to change :) likely they will be reduced to peak race strength

On 8/23/2023 at 1:43 AM, Islamadon said:

I know I'm about to 1f913.png but I think the Deific Corruption should affect Templars in a different way to explain the thwarting of their connection, if any. Maybe it causes them to become irrationally angry and confused? Courage is kind of the whole basis of Templarism and Malchediael himself was in Moz RDM'ing demons without a care in the world. By pushing a loss of courage, it counteracts the best defense a Templar has when arguably, Lore-Wise, Templars should be the hard counter to Inferi above any other Dark CA. Further, I fear setting the groundwork for a Dark > Holy relationship - with any ability - will lead to another Lore Arms Race, causing other magics to take inspiration from a set precedent.

Perhaps its should rile the courage into a darker form of recklessness, playing on their strength to take advantage of that emotional extreme? That would be a good balance point, I think, and a great narrative challenge for Templars to deal with as a risk of going "too far" with the emotional augmentations provided by a deific magic.

On 8/24/2023 at 8:04 AM, Papa Rock said:

"They will find themselves as strong as an Uruk now" - "a Naztherak, matching the peak strength of their original descendant race"

I don't understand, does this mean outside of casting a spell, they are as strong as an Uruk, but while casting they are at the peak of their race?

Ah yes, another dependance on the undefined mess that is "orcish strength" (assumed to be twice as physically capable as a non orc descendent at peak in terms of force, weight, etc)

Honestly the "I hit as hard as x because CA face/magic" is a messy slope. What happens is an orc (or former orc) picks up this magic, like they could with kani/chi or tawkins? Do they get a comparatively "lesser" boost because they are naturally closer to the arbitrary maximum? It's another card on the fragile house that is CRP terminology/"balance"... Not sure how to go about changing it though.

@UnwillinglyHow does this interact with so called "semi-holy" deific magics? As an example, Scorthuz, the immortal spirit of purity, from shamanism? Or would the lack of soul as expressed in their ascendance from the mortal shell surpass any existence as a "dark creature" to be purged, since shamanism is a soul meddling/pacting/blessing/hexing style magic?

Also in metals is _Argentum_ (basically a better slayersteel/aurum with anti-chitin/shell properties and a dislike of enchants on top) similarly effective as aurum would be, or is it more on the level of Lunarite?

Alao, I love this lore, well thought out and scary. I enjoy it!

I love this lore! Good stuff. I echo @Mannamannaa's question as well. Would shamanic 'holy' magic (Scorthuz) be able to impact this CA?

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.